[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I cant wrap my head around this ,there has too be some money in the coffers.
It doesn't add up.
Maybe trying to build up enough to go hard for a marquee player. Someone like Joseph Tapine. Reminds me of a young Kite when we brought him over to Manly.

We haven't signed someone like that for years. We really need some more mongrel and go forward.

Looking at the finals played last weekend, all those teams had the best forwards in the comp. And the winning teams won on the back of defence and a strong pack. Jason T almost single-handedly carried his team in that second half and Cotter wasn't far behind. The Raiders won on the back of their pack without a doubt.

There are medically proven treatments for every medical condition feathered friend

You certainly sound like you have the passion and that desire also plays a big role with these new tailor made treatments available .

Ah my wondrous days of bliss are behind me I'm afraid. No way I'd risk having a heart attack with such assistance. Happy just to look and admire.

Maybe trying to build up enough to go hard for a marquee player. Someone like Joseph Tapine. Reminds me of a young Kite when we brought him over to Manly.

We haven't signed someone like that for years. We really need some more mongrel and go forward.

Looking at the finals played last weekend, all those teams had the best forwards in the comp. And the winning teams won on the back of defence and a strong pack. Jason T almost single-handedly carried his team in that second half and Cotter wasn't far behind. The Raiders won on the back of their pack without a doubt.
Interesting that the dominant Panthers pack led by JFH & Leota is not renowned for cheap elbows and facials yet they are intimidating just by their force and aggressive gang style defence.
Worst nigglers/grubs this year are Storm (NAS/Kaufusi) and Chooks (JWH/Radley) but they couldn't produce the result when the whips were cracking.
Having said that, the Kiwis are going to have a monster prop rotation in the World Cup!

Now this is just typical of News Ltd. They have reported and bagged Manly for 13 days now....and this is exactly what they have been cr@pping on about , at manly, now for days....BUT, because it's their beloved Broncos, one little article like this. F#cking pathetic scum journalists. See what happens on NRL180 tonight.

Broncos coach Kevin Walters is under pressure to shake-up his coaching staff and wield the axe in a bid to reignite Brisbane as a finals force.
Sport Confidential can reveal heads are set to roll at Red Hill with Broncos officialdom wanting Walters to make changes to his coaching staff following an end-of-season review in Brisbane’s late-season capitulation.

Walters may have kept his job for next season, but his key deputies may not be so fortunate.

Since succeeding Anthony Seibold at Red Hill last year, Walters has had John Cartwright and Terry Matterson as his chief assistants.

Jesus - poor Cartwright :( Okay, I'll never forgive him for laughing at Trent Barrett losing his **** in the coaches box, but you have to feel bad for the guy, right?

Tapine will no doubt be attracting a lot of interest from many clubs and the Raiders will be most keen to retain him.

Incorrect he did not take donny. He took others but not donny.

Don was sacked when that moron barrett brought that red headed muppet with him.

Des did take others. But not donny. And the way he was disrespected and treated by penn you can't blame des for that. And it's happening again

I was pretty sure Des took Donny with him, but as said it was a decade ago so my memory could be clouded. But you are 100% correct about that the last time it was also problems with the Penn side of things that saw Des go to the Dogs.

Cactus in Australian slang, means: beaten, finished,

See the source image
Sorry, I thought it was another sexual reference!

I was pretty sure Des took Donny with him, but as said it was a decade ago so my memory could be clouded. But you are 100% correct about that the last time it was also problems with the Penn side of things that saw Des go to the Dogs.

I think there's an element of wrong doing on both sides (Penn / Des), so everyone is right really. Des / Greenburg were colluding (and got caught) organizing a break of contract (mid contract) - which I get is pretty normal in Rugby League. Penn suggesting KPI's to a coach that won a premiership 4 years apart is an absolute albatross as well.

I think there's an element of wrong doing on both sides (Penn / Des), so everyone is right really. Des / Greenburg were colluding (and got caught) organizing a break of contract (mid contract) - which I get is pretty normal in Rugby League. Penn suggesting KPI's to a coach that won a premiership 4 years apart is an absolute albatross as well.

Des was only colluding with Greenturd at the time because frankly, he was getting no love from the owners as Manly coach. And without the negotiating with another club part, it seems to be happening again.

Same people, same result. The more things have changed, the more others have stayed the same.

Des was only colluding with Greenturd at the time because frankly, he was getting no love from the owners as Manly coach. And without the negotiating with another club part, it seems to be happening again.

Same people, same result. The more things have changed, the more others have stayed the same.

Can't argue with that, honestly. Know what the weird part of all this is? It's as easy as put your ego's to the side, and communicate. It's not that hard, hey.

Now this is just typical of News Ltd. They have reported and bagged Manly for 13 days now....and this is exactly what they have been cr@pping on about , at manly, now for days....BUT, because it's their beloved Broncos, one little article like this. F#cking pathetic scum journalists. See what happens on NRL180 tonight.

Broncos coach Kevin Walters is under pressure to shake-up his coaching staff and wield the axe in a bid to reignite Brisbane as a finals force.
Sport Confidential can reveal heads are set to roll at Red Hill with Broncos officialdom wanting Walters to make changes to his coaching staff following an end-of-season review in Brisbane’s late-season capitulation.

Walters may have kept his job for next season, but his key deputies may not be so fortunate.

Since succeeding Anthony Seibold at Red Hill last year, Walters has had John Cartwright and Terry Matterson as his chief assistants.
Probably say something like "but Des is successful, 2 premierships ect". When he's been back coaching us for 5 years and we just finished 11th with a 7 lost streak... it's been an overreaction on both sides of re-signing and sacking in my mind however the criticism is warranted. Media need to get a grip on that but naturally they'll just say "ToM wAnTs A rEleAsE".

Backending contracts should (this is the NRL) be a thing any more

Only issue could be front loading , as in pre paying a contract to use up cap space,

Backending contracts should (this is the NRL) be a thing any more

Only issue could be front loading , as in pre paying a contract to use up cap space,

that was written in 2018 ??

Communication is never easy when ego and money are in the way

Agree, but unfortunately sometimes sacrafices have to be made for the bettwerment of our club mate. If not, they should tip their hats and piss off into the sunset - Penn's been made offers - he should just go otherwise.

Agree, but unfortunately sometimes sacrafices have to be made for the bettwerment of our club mate. If not, they should tip their hats and piss off into the sunset - Penn's been made offers - he should just go otherwise.

Agreed. But while the club is making them money (it has to be for them to continually knock back buyout offers), I can't see the Penn's selling anytime soon.

Agreed. But while the club is making them money (it has to be for them to continually knock back buyout offers), I can't see the Penn's selling anytime soon.

I actually think Penn would be ashamed and embarrassed if the true numbers were released. Particularly given his stance on the naming rights of the Centre of Excellence.

May or may not be making him any money currently, but it's quite possible he sees ownership of the Sea Eagles somehow enhancing his image or standing in the US, with the possibility of big $ gains if the game was to take off over there. Every Manly fan and player only wants to win the NRL, but we're left to wonder whether that is Penn's priority.

Manly is a tax break to penn, not making money would be better for him then making any

Des has no high ground to negotiate from, he presented an unfit, unstructured and uncoached team before, during and after injuries/bad luck/whatever

A lot has to go right to win a premiership -granted but a coach on top of his game should always see a team at least be competitive

By no metric was it an acceptable year, des should try a little humility and knuckle down.

Would still love to know what has happened to our cap. Something is a miss. Des?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8