[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
No, wait 8 weeks. If **** keeps hitting the fan and we get worse week by week then tell Des we will let him go at the end of the year. If the players refind some confidence and trust over the next 8 weeks, stick with Des until something like 2023 so we can keep an eye out for the right coach and plan in advance. It’s no use sacking a coach and rushing in someone like Barrett. Who knows, it’s rd 1, by rd 9 we might be competitive. Way too early, but it’s never better to sack a coach without any planning for what’s next (evidenced by the Bulldogs when they sacked Hasler and proceeded to get worse and worse)

Everyone talks Fitzgibbon up - I don't mind him but I am circumspect about the guys that are marked as the next supercoach.

In any event, I don't think we have a chance of getting him. When he takes a FG head coach role, I think it will be with a club that has resources and is not as far in the sht as we are at the moment.

More likely is that we will only be able to attract a coach that is desperate to prove that they can coach (or still coach) in the NRL (kind of like Des was when he came back).
Certainly agree that he’d be hard to get but if he was no good, you can bet the Chooks wouldn’t have spent 20 years employing him. The hype is warranted.

Who ever takes over has the same problem with DCE, Turbo and Jake taking the majority of our cap. So what can the new coach bring to table with those cap restraints?

Who ever takes over has the same problem with DCE, Turbo and Jake taking the majority of our cap. So what can the new coach bring to table with those cap restraints?
Yes, that will be a problem but the new coach can at least fix the defence.

Des Hasler and Manly reportedly at odds over new deal after horror first-round loss​

NRL PREMIERSHIP

Manly head coach Des Hasler looks on
Manly head coach Des Hasler looks onSource: Getty Images

Manly coach Des Hasler is under the microscope after his side’s 46-4 shellacking at the hands of the Roosters in Saturday’s season opener.

The Daily Telegraph reports that Manly and Hasler are at loggerheads over a new contract with talks now stalling.
Watch The 2021 NRL Telstra Premiership Live & On-Demand with No Ad-Breaks During Play. New to Kayo? > Get your 14-day free trial now & start streaming instantly >
Round 1

Hasler reportedly wanted a three-year deal but Manly was not willing to grant him one unless it could insert clauses which would permit him to be sacked at any time.

Roosters roll luckless Manly

Roosters roll luckless Manly
1:40

Manly are said to be wary of falling victim to a legal challenge from Hasler after he took his former club, Canterbury-Bankstown, to court.

Hasler is in the last year of a three-year deal and has a 47 per cent win rate from his second spell in charge of the Sea Eagles.

‘PUT THE COMP ON NOTICE’: Legends and fans laud Teddy-inspired Roosters

‘THE MAN IS HUMAN’: Teddy shanks first goal-kick after 159 NRL games

It has not helped that he has been without star fullback Tom Trbojevic for large parts of his tenure.

Teddy's round one hat-trick!

Teddy's round one hat-trick!
1:15

Since Hasler returned to Brookvale, Manly have just a 29 per cent win rate without the NSW and Australian representative.

With him, they have won 14 from 19 games.

Manly CEO Stephen Humphreys told The Daily Telegraph: “Des is in the final year of a three-year contract.

“We’ve been discussing the situation beyond this year for a little while now, but at this stage it is unresolved. I have no other comment to make.”

Certainly agree that he’d be hard to get but if he was no good, you can bet the Chooks wouldn’t have spent 20 years employing him. The hype is warranted.
I can tell you that he is a straight up quality bloke too... there is no BS and no ego with Fitzy plus you might get 2 for 1 because his old man is a bloody good coach too...

The problem facing Manly is that only desperado’s and newbies would take the job on given what they’d have to work with off the field.They need someone with experience and credibility.May I suggest Tim Sheens or would the Aussie game have passed him by given he’s been in England for a while now

The problem facing Manly is that only desperado’s and newbies would take the job on given what they’d have to work with off the field.They need someone with experience and credibility.May I suggest Tim Sheens or would the Aussie game have passed him by given he’s been in England for a while now
Not a dumb suggestion imo...

1. he would likely jump at a NRL opportunity

2. he has credibility as a quality coach

3. he's probably dealt with even bigger sh1t shows then we are atm...

No surprise that the media are on his case now, 2/12 along with such a smashing in round one and nothing changed from last seasons diabolical performance..

Very unpopular on here due to the bloke being a grub but Cam Smith is who I would be chasing to be our head coach!!
Melbourne have said he can have whatever he wants after a break from footy. He would inherit a great team with the best facilities , football manager and resources in the game. ... he’ll assist fir two years then coach them. Foghorn Leghorn could win games coaching Melbourne. ... idea has merit fir sure but he’s purple forever and if not it will be north of the border.

It’s hard to do this, but Des has to go, his record as a player and a coach is not to be dismantled, however in saying that he has failed to evolve with and adapt to the modern game, I’ve followed this club and the game for 50 years, whats happening at the moment obviously goes far deeper than just the coach, the players need to accept some accountability, stand up and show some pride in themselves and the jersey, I’m pissed at the whole show, we are at rock bottom and odds on for our first spoon.
Des‘s flaws and loyalties have been well documented.
Our roster is questionable at best, losing quality players and the lack of recruiting is diabolical, the situation surrounding hooker, need I say more.
The players are clearly not match fit, granted its round one but the Modern game requires results from the get go, we were the only team to play one trail and it showed.
Andrew Davey was the only player to show any real enthusiasm and commitment to his work on Saturday and I would go so far as to say that stemmed from the culture and ethics instilled at Parramatta rather than anything to do what’s going on at our club
I don’t want to go on any further and bag Des, i just don’t see his tenure as a positive one, any Coach sitting on 11 from 12 would be in serious doubt anywhere else, it’s a mess, we need own it and do what’s necessary now sooner rather than later, extending his contract and or continuing with Des as coach will bring nothing but more of the same, sorry Des, its time for badly needed change,

The club can’t afford new urinal cakes at Brookvale,not a chance of finding the $$$$ to get either of them
I thought we got new urinal cakes as part of the 2018 Brookie upgrade? Well, they had them under the Jane Try stand.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10