[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
I know he is a control freak but do you think he has anything to do with player contracts? Also recruitment has been the same since Penn's took over and Manly have in that time had dud players. I think recruitment needs to go if Hasler goes.

Dessie brought Cleal over with him ... and I don't think a ball boy farts without Des wanting to know if it had lumps in it ... let along contracts being offered without his 100% approval .

Recruitment in the juniors has been excellent .. one of the Fulton clan mainly responsible I think

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Plenty of quality coaching options out there ... but realistically who would want to come to a club whose owner has run the football dept on a shoe string budget ... he couldn't even provide fukken chairs in the coaches office for fukksake ..

We all laughed and bagged Barrett unmercifully for refusing to re-sign because Penn went back on his promise to provide the coaching support staff every successful club has .. and needs ...

But if a first time rookie coach wouldn't put up with the shiite, and risked his career by saying you can stick it ....

What chance of attracting a top line coach .. remember Maquire passed us up without as much as a never mind ..

And PSS ... I haven't given up on Dessie yet ... but boy .. it is starting to look like a Bulldogs sequel ...

Rafferty

Mug punter
Well if true, time will expose the truth and in the meantime we will either suffer greatly or be mediocre at best, hard to this squad bound for the semis, but all I can do is I hope I’m wrong, better still I’d like the players and the coach to prove me wrong.

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
far out... there better be strict performance clauses in there.
Yeah cause Manly have such a great record of negotiating clauses into contracts that benefit the club...

Des can probably leave after 6 consecutive losses with a full payout, 2 players of his choosing and a hand-job from the CEO...

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
2 years no way are the club that dumb

seriously my profile picture says it all. One club legend gets the boot for better performance than we are having now yet Penns and co upgrade Des.I like Des as a human but seriously this if true is just crazy and will turn away a lot more fans.

Last edited:

Moops

Bencher
As expected a nothing story, players are behind Des and expected to sign a 2 year extension.
They will get him to sign an extension after a 46-4 Round 1 drubbing? surely the club needs to think about things for a month or two?

DUFFMAN

Bencher
I read somewhere that the contract signing was delayed because the club wanted to add KPI's and get out clause in the clubs favour to prevent a repeat a multi million dollar payout if he is sacked in similar fashion as he was from the Dogs.

I guess Des had no choice but to back himself and prove himself which may be a good thing.
Players preform better when they are after a new contract so maybe a coach can too.

Nordburg

First Grader
As has already been mentioned, what competent coach would want to come here? Even Maguire chose the Tigers over us...
Same can be said about players,unless they pay overs.That’s why genuine local juniors need to be harvested(granted the last two genuine locals are currently being payed overs but they weren’t seriously looking elsewhere)

DUFFMAN

Bencher
Same can be said about players,unless they pay overs.That’s why genuine local juniors need to be harvested(granted the last two genuine locals are currently being payed overs but they weren’t seriously looking elsewhere)

We should of built on from our golden period from 10 years ago picking up players as retirements happened or players were released.
One would think players would of jumped to play at Manly back then. Now players don't want to come here.
I can't see when our next premiership is. I doubt we will keep our one very decade record, that boat has now sailed into the sunset.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16