[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Just watching Hasler in the coaches box, I've never seen him this unanimated. It's like he knows what's coming but can't do much about it, passion seems to have gone also.
I agree, the passion is nowhere near what it used to be. How you could sit there and watch that calmly is bewildering. It was almost as if he was waiting for the momentum change to come. I would have left early to wait for them in the change room, shut the door and cover the cameras and unleash…

This has been touched on before. He has mellowed. You could tell he was seething in the box.

On the other hand, if you want a coach who still throws tantrums well into middle age, Ricky Stuart and Craig Bellamy (and Craig is a similar age to Des - early 60s) are standing by their phones, awaiting your call.
Not tantrums TZ, maybe just something to show our supporters that it's not ok to what's happening on the field.... You forgot to add O'Brien from the Knights.

I agree, the passion is nowhere near what it used to be. How you could sit there and watch that calmly is bewildering. It was almost as if he was waiting for the momentum change to come. I would have left early to wait for them in the change room, shut the door and cover the cameras and unleash…
If Des scorched the dressing sheds at half time, well, it didn't show.

The team has gone backwards this season, some of which must be attributed to DESpicable. But DCE must also share some of the blame. I have been a big supporter of the halfback, but it is time he was moved on. Which genius decided to extend his contract by two more years?
Apart from the Turbo injury I trace back the start of our decline to the last few minutes of the Cowboys match. We had played really well for 75 minutes then relaxed, but still should have held on. Then DCE had his pass intercepted. He should have locked up the win.
Yesterday he just went through the motions, had another pass intercepted, drop-kicked out on the full and never imposed himself in what should have been an easy win.
He showed he is still a great player when he is committed, like when he is playing for Queensland. But the week-to-week passion is not there.
It's probably the same for DESpicable. We need new blood, starting from the owners down.

Manly owner Scott Penn backed Hasler as the club’s long-term coach, telling Big Sports Breakfast radio “Des has a contract for as long as he wants”.

Although Buzz reckons
Hasler has failed in his bid to have a key clause removed from his contract that meant Manly needs to make the finals this season to trigger an extension.

Who else could we get though?
However - It's def time for a change

I think a majority of coaches would have lost that squad after what has gone on the last few weeks. I don't feel it is Hasler's fault that the super 7 have left him out to dry. The players feel that, and that is why you have a fracture.

Look at DCE in the presser last night. Between the lines you could see his was angry by the shortness of his sentences. I don't think he could have cared less about the game yesterday he just ran around in circles. To me the damage is done, and until the super 7 show some accountability for the disrespect that gave their coach and captain I can't see it getting better. This gangsta attitude should not be allowed in the Manly squad, they are supposed to be professional footballers paid professional money.

NYEagle

Not tantrums TZ, maybe just something to show our supporters that it's not ok to what's happening on the field.... You forgot to add O'Brien from the Knights.
I didn’t. I thought two examples were enough and O’Brien is probably even younger than Stuart. So maybe he’s not a good example.

I’m sure the Panthers are seething that Cleary barely cracks it for a grimace. What a flop.

Apart from the Turbo injury I trace back the start of our decline to the last few minutes of the Cowboys match. We had played really well for 75 minutes then relaxed, but still should have held on. \
I was there at the coowboys match and we did not ,lose against the top 8 team Cowboys because we just relaxed

We lost against another top 8 team because we did not have the resolute to stop the top 8 opposition teams late surge and fightback into the game and this capitulation was not a one of as it happened all year in 2022

THis was a fox article after that cowboys game that summed things up ....
SEA EAGLES CAN’T BEAT GOOD TEAMS
If ever there was an opportunity to shed their tag as ‘flat track bullies’, it was this. Instead, Manly collapsed at the death. Make that EIGHT losses this season in eight games against teams currently in the top eighth. Their seven wins this season have come against teams currently in the bottom half of the ladder. Only the Titans – last-placed entering the round – are the only team who haven’t yet beaten at least one of the teams currently in the top eight teams.
giving up a 14-point lead inside the final 10 minutes, and copping three tries in as many minutes, is simply not good enough.
End of fox article ...

As for Des this is the playing squad he chose and was loyal to right to the bitter end
Des Deserves a better ending to his brilliant career
He deserves a more resolute playing roster
I hope he makes some much needed changes in 2023

I think a majority of coaches would have lost that squad after what has gone on the last few weeks. I don't feel it is Hasler's fault that the super 7 have left him out to dry. The players feel that, and that is why you have a fracture.

Look at DCE in the presser last night. Between the lines you could see his was angry by the shortness of his sentences. I don't think he could have cared less about the game yesterday he just ran around in circles. To me the damage is done, and until the super 7 show some accountability for the disrespect that gave their coach and captain I can't see it getting better. This gangsta attitude should not be allowed in the Manly squad, they are supposed to be professional footballers paid professional money.

NYEagle
I think Paul Green’s death could have been playing on his mind too. You cannot be coached by someone, who then kills himself little more than twelve months later. That has to have an impact.

I think Paul Green’s death could have been playing on his mind too. You cannot be coached by someone, who then kills himself little more than twelve months later. That has to have an impact.
Excuses Excuses , Excuses !!!
What deaths are you contributing to all our other loses in 2022 ?

Players use some ones death as a motivation to honour them with a win

A wining atittude is all based on turning tragedies into Triumphs

The fact is that the squad that we have did not have the winning aptitude all year
and that is the reason we are where we are

2 forward passes ,both of which were "missed" ,not that I'm bitter

just sayin'
We had the opportunity to stop SBW bust through the middle that led to their winning try
We also had the opportunity to stop all the other roosters tries
But we failed to do so

and just like all other losers do we blame the ref

Last edited:
If you look back at Des's past few tenures and Manly and Dog's it has ended up almost identically (and by Manly I mean before he went to the Dog's and this current tenure). He starts strong, he overloads the cap, lower grade results (and players coming through) fall away, style of play and fitness does not evolve. He should be 100% under the microscope. Recent pattern of teams running plays at Koula and Tui is not surprising - what is surprising is that we have not changed how they defend. Garrick is clearly injured. When Gutherson ran around him 2 weeks ago he could not prop or turn and chase. Up unitl his injury he was fantastic. Why not rest him? We have a player in Weekes who actually looks like he might have something and he has played 8 mins off the bench. Garrick is busted, we cannot make the 8 - lets have a look at him (or Koula) at FB. FFS and I don't even want to think about 2023. We have gone backwards at an alarming rate. And yes Des is responsible and accountable.

The team has gone backwards this season, some of which must be attributed to DESpicable. But DCE must also share some of the blame. I have been a big supporter of the halfback, but it is time he was moved on. Which genius decided to extend his contract by two more years?
Apart from the Turbo injury I trace back the start of our decline to the last few minutes of the Cowboys match. We had played really well for 75 minutes then relaxed, but still should have held on. Then DCE had his pass intercepted. He should have locked up the win.
Yesterday he just went through the motions, had another pass intercepted, drop-kicked out on the full and never imposed himself in what should have been an easy win.
He showed he is still a great player when he is committed, like when he is playing for Queensland. But the week-to-week passion is not there.
It's probably the same for DESpicable. We need new blood, starting from the owners down.
Yes the intercept pass was so obvious and should never have been passed , but for mine 2 minuets out from halftime 6 down and you go for a short drop out WTF
Kick the f**ing ball as far down field as you can defend the 2 minuets, go in hopefully 6 down , and then to royally f**k it up and give the penalty away , that will do me .
Not a smart thinking captain just heaps more pressure on the team , BAD DCE ....lol lolol

I don't feel it is Hasler's fault that the super 7 have left him out to dry.

NYEagle
It wasn't "the 7" that left Hasler out to Dry. It was the club management that did that to him and got him in this predicament. FIRSTLY: by imposing the silly rainbow jersey idea onto everybody in the first place. SECONDLY: by not communicating to anybody that they were imposing the silly rainbow jersey onto everybody (remember Des was in the dark about it just like everybody else). And then THIRDLY: in the cowardly way the club threw Des and DCE under the bus and pushed them out in front of the media and made them answerable for the club's stupidity!!!!!

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10