[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am really shocked how a Hasler coached team can play like that. Obviously something is not right to get flogged by the spooners. Has he lost the players, I would definitely move DCE on, not going to win a premiership with him. Offer him and as Schuster to the Dolphins and start the rebuild. I don’t see anything good coming from this team, don’t have the cattle. No to Hales, Randall and Monogham to coach, TOOVEY FOR 2023 PLEASE.

Said who, he nearly won the GF if wasn’t for that forward pass by roosters!!!
Not disputing that. He should’ve had a GF win to his name.
However, he took over an established Hasler team that basically coached themselves. When the time came to rebuild an ageing roster he failed. We were using the same structures from the past 5 years while every other team had moved on.
If he was a great coach he would’ve been picked up by another club. Don’t say he only wanted to coach Manly… whenever there was a vacant job at other clubs he put his hand up.

If Des was to leave then we should only be going after someone like Flanno.

Disagree players, still have to get up and perform, yesterday was evident if that.
Toovey will never return to Manly-Warringah in any serious role whilst the board and purse strings are controlled by Penn.

He was treated abominably, but as Chuckee pointed out, he rode on Des’s coattails. I think his success in 2013 in getting to the GF was greatly aided by Brad Arthur’s work as the defensive coach. I do wish however, that Toovey was still a part of the organisation.

As for moving DCE on, great, let’s pay over a million dollars in 2023 for him to play somewhere else, then a slightly smaller amount for two more years after that.

Last edited:
Toovey will never return to Manly-Warringah in any serious role whilst the board and purse strings are controlled by Penn.

He was treated abominably, but as Chuckee pointed out, he rode on Des’s coattails. I think his success in 2013 in getting to the GF was greatly aided by Brad Arthur’s work as the defensive coach. I do wish however, that Toovey was still a part of the organisation. Sadly it cannot be in

As for moving DCE on, great, let’s pay over a million dollars in 2023 for him to play somewhere else, then a slightly smaller amount for two more years after that.
You forgot to add in the fact there’s no decent halfbacks out there to replace him.

Just watching Hasler in the coaches box, I've never seen him this unanimated. It's like he knows what's coming but can't do much about it, passion seems to have gone also.
This has been touched on before. He has mellowed. You could tell he was seething in the box.

On the other hand, if you want a coach who still throws tantrums well into middle age, Ricky Stuart and Craig Bellamy (and Craig is a similar age to Des - early 60s) are standing by their phones, awaiting your call.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8