Samuela Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Like a lot of young forwards coming through and probably always the norm , adjusting to the faster pace and intensity of i st grade the main requirement . Samual has the raw power to do well , didn 't notice any notable deficiency in defence in the trials and looks to have a handy off load in his game as well but that would have to be tempered of course . Still think it likely that the bench will change against the Tigers with Kaeo to come in but probably at the expense of Keppie if current indications are any example . Samual looks set to make his debut and his younger brother Latu to be given a crack at 6 at Blacktown this week . Could be an interesting weekend for the both of them and hopefully good outcomes as well

According to some comments in the linked threads (which I find believable), he was made an offer by the club, but that offer was rejected... ergo he wasn't let go.

I did have a look at some of the old threads and it's an interesting read.

He was made an offer alright. An offer that matched his standing in the game with a bit of cream put on top.
He chose to leave to get the big dollars that never arrived and ended up signing a minimum deal and has hardly been seen since.

Excellent negotiation there don't you think?

He was made an offer alright. An offer that matched his standing in the game with a bit of cream put on top.
He chose to leave to get the big dollars that never arrived and ended up signing a minimum deal and has hardly been seen since.

Excellent negotiation there don't you think?
So glad we didn't fall for the supposed "potential" factor of Albert Hopoate, I never saw it, as did most footy observers as well.

Like a lot of young forwards coming through and probably always the norm , adjusting to the faster pace and intensity of i st grade the main requirement . Samual has the raw power to do well , didn 't notice any notable deficiency in defence in the trials and looks to have a handy off load in his game as well but that would have to be tempered of course . Still think it likely that the bench will change against the Tigers with Kaeo to come in but probably at the expense of Keppie if current indications are any example . Samual looks set to make his debut and his younger brother Latu to be given a crack at 6 at Blacktown this week . Could be an interesting weekend for the both of them and hopefully good outcomes as well
Got the feeling that Seib's going for the more mobile forward with a bit of leg drive Al, hence S Fainu debut. While Keppie is tough and uncompromising, it's maybe just not what Seib's wants right now.

He has turned into a solid first grade winger. No more, no less. Based on his junior potential he was expected to reach far greater heights however 2/3 ACL injuries will slow anyone down. He has done a decent job to get back as far as he has and must have some decent work ethic. Don't miss him at all but credit to him for making a go of it.

So glad we didn't fall for the supposed "potential" factor of Albert Hopoate, I never saw it, as did most footy observers as well.
I think he was a standout in the Ball side based on his size and strength, a man against kids. Then he had a fair setback from an acl.

It was Hoppa senior’s attempts to strongarm the club into offering Albert a $500k contract that put me off.

We lent Albert to NZ & Hoppa senior went off on one about that.

We brought him back when we suffered injuries before he even played a game for NZ & Hoppa senior started huffing & puffing about a half a million dollar contract.

Then he played & we all saw his lack of speed & mobility, no doubt due to still recovering from his injuries, so one could even suggest he wasn’t ready.

The club still made him an offer, but a much more realistic one based on his current ability & time it would take for him to get back to his best & Hoppa senior spat the dummy & took Albert away.

Best quote I ever heard from Hoppa senior (when he got in trouble for the umpteenth time playing for Narraweena):

“I’m an idiot, so what? Story of my life” 😂

Samuela Fainu, arguably the best footballer in a freakishly talented family, will make his NRL debut for Manly on Sunday.

His mother, Lile, wonders whether the magical moment would have come so soon had big brother Manase not been jailed over a Mormon church dance stabbing.

“There is a reason why Manase has been taken away,” Lile said. “I cry every day because my son is not with me, but I know the Lord has his reasons.
“If Manase was here he would just prolong ‘Uella’, because [Samuela] would be relaxing and just following Manase.

“But with Manase out of the picture, it’s giving Samuela an oomph to go harder, to go stronger.
“He knows that he is the man now, he needs to step up and look after his mum and dad. Therefore he is striving, he’s got to be the man.”

Samuela will make his first-grade debut off the bench in jersey No.14 against Wests Tigers at Campbelltown Sports Stadium on Sunday. The family learnt of the 19-year-old’s selection on Tuesday and gathered for a huge feast at their North Narrabeen home to celebrate.

In attendance was his brother Latu, who in November, at the age of 16, signed a deal that could result in him becoming the highest-paid player yet to reach NRL level. Another sibling, promising prop Sione, is also nearing a debut at Wests Tigers.

However, the most accomplished of the quartet to date, Manase, who has maintained his innocence over the stabbing and is planning an appeal, had to pass on his best wishes via a phone call from jail.

In his last interview before being incarcerated, when asked who was the best footballer in the family, Manase didn’t hesitate in nominating Samuela.

As the league world prepares to cast its eye over the family’s latest NRL player, Lile reflected on the joy and heartache of her sons’ rollercoaster ride. The matriarch was brought to tears when talking about the influence Manase had in the development of Samuela and his other younger brothers.
“It was mixed emotions, I cried,” Lile said when she learnt of Samuela’s call-up.

“I wish Manase was here. It is what it is. [Samuela] wouldn’t have worked so hard if we weren’t in this situation.

“In body structure, he’s different, but with everything else he is a miniature of Manase. Samuela is my tallest kid out of all of them but the mentality, everything, is Manase all over. Personality-wise, their mouth, it just doesn’t stop. There’s no filter in them.

“It’s been his dream for a while now, it’s a long time coming.

“He’s always had the ambition to play football. I sent my kids to a Catholic school when I couldn’t afford it, I was paying bills by the week to put them into a good school.

“But they didn’t want to go to a Catholic school, they wanted to go to Westfields [Sports High School] to learn how to play football.”

Sunday will also be a big day for Latu, who makes the transition from Jersey Flegg to NSW Cup for Manly’s feeder team Blacktown Workers in the precursor to Samuela’s debut at 4pm.

Asked what effect Samuela’s big moment would have on Manase’s spirits, Lile said: “It means the world to him, he is so happy. He wishes he was here”

Fainus.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8