Sandow assault claim

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
SOUTH SYDNEY'S horror end to the season has continued, as the Rabbitohs investigate allegations halfback Chris Sandow was involved in an assault in his home town of Cherbourg, north of Brisbane.

The incident comes less than a week after coach Jason Taylor and backrower David Fa'alogo were sacked for an incident during end-of-season drinks at the Forresters Hotel in inner-Sydney Surry Hills a fortnight ago.

Taylor has not ruled out legal action against the club, disputing claims the incident was the second breach of his $250,000 a season contract.

It is understood Rabbitohs chief executive Shane Richardson has spoken to Sandow and Queensland police about the incident last Saturday morning and is comfortable it is not serious.

A Queensland police spokesperson said last night, "A 20-year-old man has made a complaint that he was assaulted at Cherbourg early on Saturday morning.

"This matter is being investigated by Gympie police. There are several witnesses to the incident that are yet to be interviewed."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,26106019-5012431,00.html

An assault of this kind in Cherbourg is hardly news worthy

The Taylor legal action could just about derail their next season with court appearances from all those involved in the Forrester's 'incident' (if Taylor isn't paid out sooner, which would be my guess).  Just about all their first grade side would be called as witnesses for one side or the other.  Excellent.      

Conspiracy theory for ya, cooked up in my head, no source or anything

Rumours have been around for months Crowe wanted Taylor out
Fa'alogo leaving the club, so any action they take on him doesn't effect his future
Fa'alogo whacks Taylor for no apparent reason

Is David leaving with a few extra dollars in a brown paper bag courtesy of Russell Crowe ?

Well it does affect his future if he gets convicted of anything Kiwi.

Its harder for them to get into the UK on work visas with a record these days.

That is the 1 flaw in my theory lol, had thought of that

Perhaps they gambled on Taylor not going through with anything, or Rusty has some mates high up in England

Or David Gallop, didn't he play the lead role of Maid Marion.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4