Sea eagles no longer screaming

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't understand why your so hostile over my opinion pete.

For me, a cap and members card would be worth $25 - $30 and that would do me. Anything more is pointless really. And I could see it being a benefit to a lot of people to offer a cheap membership like that.

Flip link said:
On the day of the Broncos game, I was sitting in a hospital bed having $90,000 of Octagam pumped into my viens.

I hope you will be able to make the function at the Gold Coast  next month. I would be happy to pay for your entry ticket so that you will be able to meet the players, current and past.

The only rider is that you will become a member in 2009.

Pete, its not about trying to entice me to be a member. I'd love to. However I can also express an opinion that their could be cheaper options for people to go for.

A little money is better than none at all.

As for the GC function I appreciate the kind jesture but like I have said, anything outside of keeping myself well right now and I can't really make a commitment. Hopefully I have a turn around and can afford a 2008 membership. We will see.

Flip link said:
For me, a cap and members card would be worth $25 - $30 and that would do me. Anything more is pointless really. And I could see it being a benefit to a lot of people to offer a cheap membership like that.

You are so missing the point, you are looking to retrieve your membership costs. Becoming a member is not about what the club gives you, it is about what you give the club, in this case the privilege of having a club to support. Maybe being away from Sydney you do not fully understand the precarious position of most of the Sydney based clubs. Make no mistake members funds will become the difference between survival and death over the next 10 years.

A hat and card doesn't cost the club $30. Like I said, a little money from some is better than none.

Am a 1st time member this season, the 92c a week seemed reasonable enough for me.

Up until this season i will be honest, i had the nothing in it for me attitude so didn't bother. Being joined up now gives a pretty good feeling tbh

You also get a free $25 bet with it, invest that wisely and you have your money back

Flip link said:
[quote author=Corso_Pete link=topic=177629.msg186583#msg186583 date=1212999442]
You argument is so flawed Flip, you say you would join if you had access to functions etc, yet when one is on in your own backyard you don't attend. If you cannot afford to do so then that is OK, but to say you will not join because there is nothing in it for you becomes total bullS**t in my view.

So the real reason you will not become a member is...................?

On the day of the Broncos game, I was sitting in a hospital bed having $90,000 of Octagam pumped into my viens.
[/quote]

You didnt have that last year when you didnt become a member - any more excuses

Nope. However, last year I did drive 4000km to watch manly games. Bought 2 jerseys, 2 caps and a shirt. Plus money into the leagues club. However I can't attest to having any reason not to have a membership last year.

I still think their could be a lower cost membership though.

How DO you put a price on entertainment and enjoyment? If we have no Manly, we have no club to support, Dan shuts THIS site down, the official one shuts down, and there are no members hats / stickers etc to begin with !

You can't say the entertainment this club has given you over the years isn't worth a few bucks Flip.

We should ALL be members. Especially those of us that have been around for  a while.

Look no offence guys but i have to agree with flip here you'd think the club was goin broke the way some of you are goin on.Where is $48 going anyway the club has just received $6,000,000 so brookie is saved,surely it can't be going to pay the players.He's right in a way not everyone is in a position to give out $48 it's enough i pay $120 for myself & family everytime we attend a game at brookie but to pay to post on a forum no way & it's unfair again thank god for silvertails.

Ryan link said:
You can't say the entertainment this club has given you over the years isn't worth a few bucks Flip.

FFS, all I have been saying is there needs a little bit more thought into interstate supporters and maybe a ****ing cheaper membership for those who are a bit cash strapped for whatever reason.

How many of you blokes dug into your pockets when Dan was asking for money a few months back for a site update?

Flip link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=177629.msg186597#msg186597 date=1213010580]

FFS, all I have been saying is there needs a little bit more thought into interstate supporters and maybe a F**king cheaper membership for those who are a bit cash strapped for whatever reason.

How many of you blokes dug into your pockets when Dan was asking for money a few months back for a site update?
[/quote]
I think they should be payment options

Maybe a basic membership that costs say 25 - 50 a year but if u want to upgrade that the club direct debits your account monthly through out the season.

I'm not a member, I spend $1000+ on the rugby league goods and services I want per year and 98% of that is paid directly to the club, no need to pay $50 for a plastic card and crappy hat to make me feel warm and fuzzy, not interested in the functions either, I like watching footy, the other crap I don't need.

What you morons don't realise is that as soon as delmege & Penn cut down the money tree the club will probably go broke unless we have a membership base that is similar to AFL clubs.  Dont forget the leagues club is a basket case as well...

You can become a member by buying season tickets ( starts at 4 game packages I think) - this comes at discount compared game day tickets.

Seriously some of you are totally deluded about our financial state.

getting GF ickets early again this year is enough reason for me to be a member.

I get it packaged in with the season pass - so much easier than scabbing around every week trying to find $25 (and cheaper too)

Do I just go to the Manly site to sign up??

I've been very naive in that I didn't even know interstate supporters could become members. I always thought you had to be near to the ground.

Anyways, I'm happy to part with the money and I'll look into it over the next few days.

The Wheel link said:
What you morons don't realise is that as soon as delmege & Penn cut down the money tree the club will probably go broke unless we have a membership base that is similar to AFL clubs.  Dont forget the leagues club is a basket case as well...

You can become a member by buying season tickets ( starts at 4 game packages I think) - this comes at discount compared game day tickets.

Seriously some of you are totally deluded about our financial state.

I haven't paid my membership this year mainly because I want to see how long it takes to be followed up. 

Here is yet another reason to be a member

Watch the full video of the post match press conference featuring Sea Eagles Captain Matt Orford and Head Coach Des Hasler.

www.mwse.com.au/mwtv

Another Benefit of Screaming Eagles Membership

As for the people that spends $100's if not thousands of dollars to watch the Sea Eagles play what the heck has that got to do with anything. Last time I checked my credit card statement I paid to go the the theatre, Circus Soleil and concerts. I am also certain that I passed a couple of $20 notes at the ticket desk to see Indiana Jones on the weekend (ps if you haven't seen it don't waste your money).

We pay to see entertainment by talented people, that is the way the system works, if you want to watch Rugby League without paying for it go to your local oval and watch the Under 10's play on Saturday morning.

It simply astounds me that people take the time and energy to profess their love of the club yet will find reasons to not spend less than $1.00 a week to ensure that the club remains as we know it.

For those that genuinely cannot afford it, well then that is fair enough, but my guess is that as you are reading this through the internet you have probably paid $1000+ for a computer and probably close to that much each year for an ISP service.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2