Sea Eagles Release Watmough, Sign Lyon, Mason, Mateo & Vave

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
davohan123 said:
Now lets hope we can forget about this years season and look forward to a more united club right from the top down

Even if we don't make the 8 next year all we ask for is that players who play want to play for each other and enjoy there footy.

Looking forward to a few games next year at brookvale oval - which should all attract 17,000+ crowd subject to the correct scheduleding

Souths, Dogs,Parra and Storm

we will definitely make the 8. no question.

Mason should add the grit and size we need in our pack. Just hope he doesn't play up outside of footy... Mateo has potential too. Has a great offload. Needs a tough donny special preseason under his belt. Vave good for depth...
Sad to see Choc leave under bad circumstances. Wish all the lick to him.

How long till his lil buddy goes ?
Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out , Dirty eel..
You are nothing to me now !!

Good riddance to Watmough. A player with a bad attitude, an inflated sense of his own worth, and in decline from a physical viewpoint. He'll consign the Eels to several more years of mediocrity and in their culture will probably be a very divisive soul in the dressing shed where his ego will be unchecked.

Mason is a guy who also learned from the school of hard knocks but is ending his career (unlike Watmough) with a level of dignity and respect. He will be grateful for the lifeline, will serve as a cautionary tale to any young players with a big head, and will enjoy this lifeline so much I expect he will develop a lifetime love for Manly on the strength of one season.

Mateo excites me greatly. We nearly had him 8 years ago and he is now in last chance saloon. He is the type of player we have great success in recycling, but he has 3 times the ability than guys like Glenn Hall, Justin Horo etc. He will be first picked on my Dream Team next year.

Lyon. This is what Manly is about, not Watmough. I'll forgive him his young aberration starting with the Eels to consider him a one club man.

Sad to see Watmough playing in different colours next season but he was the victim of his own demise, he will regret soon enough what has happened!!

Great signings by the way, things are looking brighter each day!!

Best news ive heard in a long time. Cant wait to see the boys tear up next year. Donny will get mason and mateo fit and firing come round 1 dont worry about that. Run sand dunes till you vomit everyone!

It's just a real happy feeling to get something 'official' from the club re: players.

The mood here is much more accepting that I would have predicted. We just replaced one of the top 5 best NRL forwards of the last decade with a player probably entering his last year of football and another who hasn't been very good in 3 years. And neither are young.

I am glad it is all over. He was disruptive all year - the most disappointing part for me was in the semi against Souths when he upended Inglis, knowing full well he would have been suspended and that we needed him the week later as we also had Buhrer & Ballin out. But being all about him he showed me that he didn't want to be there.

I hope the door doesn't hit him on the way out.

Wow. Penns and Zorba getting the club moving along nicely?
Thought I just put it there for all the anti-Zorba campers. LOL.

Crusher_Cleal said:
The mood here is much more accepting that I would have predicted. We just replaced one of the top 5 best NRL forwards of the last decade with a player probably entering his last year of football and another who hasn't been very good in 3 years. And neither are young.

I hate the thought of Choc leaving, however airing dirty laundry directly to the media shows a lack of respect to the club, staff and supporters. I think ppl are just glad and happy that it can be put in the past and 2015 is full steam ahead. Granted they might lack Choc's ability and passion however they add some much needed depth in what was the thinnest forward pack last season.

Best of luck and a big thank you to Choc Watmough just dont understand what drives some players these days surly situations are not just motivated by money. My guess is he will be doing some quite time thinking over the next couple of months and maybe regret his move to Parramatta.

Crusher_Cleal said:

In the current circumstances, having Mateo, Mason & Vave is going to be a million times better for the club then having Watmough.

This to me confirms that Hayne will be back as an NRL marquee player in 2016. I'm sure there was a wink-wink nudge-nudge about this during negotiations.

There is no doubt that Choc busted his gut for Manly but he definitely bought some issues with that passion.

Last season was not the best way to go out, but he goes with my best wishes nonetheless.

As for the new signings, great news.

Mason will bring experience and I've been impressed with what he's done at the Nots. Got rid of a lot of the rubbish from his game and he'll add plenty to our pack from the bench.

Mateo has always had potential. If Tooves and Donny can tap that potential, look out. His issue has always trying to slip the miracle ball every time he takes on the line.

Don't know much about Vave, but I always take comfort in the fact if someone like Dave Warwick thinks he can play, that will do me just fine.

Bring on 2015.

Miss the 8 ? No f.......g way.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10