Sea Eagles set to take more NRL matches away from Brookvale

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Now that the state government has dropped the forced council amalgamation which affected both Manly and Warringah councils, can we please get some clarity about, will the ground be upgraded? and most importantly when?

The amalgamation for the Northern Beaches council is not impacted by the government back down. Thankfully, that ship has sailed unless the Pittwater agitators get some money behind them and get serious about a legal challenge now that it worked for some other councils.

The FC has no monies to fight it in court. Which would be where this ends up, as the language in the article clearly shows. :cool:

Reminded the club’s constitution states Manly must play 10 games a year at their Brookvale base, Penn said: “That is in place but it can’t be to the detriment of the company.”

From yesterday's thread
https://silvertails.net/threads/manly-sea-eagles-300k-reason-to-move-to-christchurch.52820/page-3
All the fc has to do is say nope

We are so far behind other NRL clubs in providing flexible & varied MWSE membership options, reciprocal rights with other clubs etc. I would rather Manly management explore all these options before taking the lazy way out and selling more home games.

Unfortunately it's the inevitable outcome when the majority of the supporter base thinks weather and TV are legitimate excuses not to go.
Imagine if NFL or EPL fans used those weak excuses.

Back 6 or so years ago on a packed day at brookie the numbers would be somewhere around the 18k mark. The past few years when the ground is packed to the rafters they say there's 14k there. Seriously they have got to be fudging the numbers down. Must be for the tax man

All crowd figures for home Teams at Allianz and ANZ, have the Members of the SCG or ANZ counted as well.

Typical NRL scam to push their Big Stadium policy @:mad:

No one questions why the Scumos, who play alone in a sports mad city, only get 16k either. :wait:
The AFL get that much for training days @:cool:

This home attendance info is up until May 31. I assume the rest of the season hasn't changed dramatically.

Sums it up really. 5/9 of the first rounds at Brookie and finishing last for crowd numbers.
The Penns gotta do what the Penns gotta do. If people don't show up - then they got to make a profit by taking the games elsewhere.
If we were top 4 on the list then I wouldn't expect us to be taking games elsewhere. But supporters aren't showing up to Brookie games and fans aren't becoming members.

Simple really.
The crowd average at Brookvale Oval this season after 9 games is 9,495. That really small crowd against Newcastle has skewed the average some what but even if we take out this outlier it is still only bumped up to 10,200.

This home attendance info is up until May 31. I assume the rest of the season hasn't changed dramatically.

Sums it up really. 5/9 of the first rounds at Brookie and finishing last for crowd numbers.
The Penns gotta do what the Penns gotta do. If people don't show up - then they got to make a profit by taking the games elsewhere.
If we were top 4 on the list then I wouldn't expect us to be taking games elsewhere. But supporters aren't showing up to Brookie games and fans aren't becoming members.

Simple really.

If you believe those numbers let me tell you about a bridge I'm selling that you might be interested in.

The crowd average at Brookvale Oval this season after 9 games is 9,495. That really small crowd against Newcastle has skewed the average some what but even if we take out this outlier it is still only bumped up to 10,200.

The below links shows an average of 13,408 over 11 Manly home games (147,488 total), and if you take out the Suncorp (44,127) and nib (6,258) games you get 97,103 over 9 games = an average of 10,789 for Brookie games (including the Newcastle disaster). Take out the Newcastle game and you get 92,914 over 8 games = an average of 11,614. I think those numbers (which may not be accurate but are surely not as inflated as the SFS and ANZ numbers) are pretty respectable given the current state of the game.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nrl-2017/manly-warringah/summary.html

It is a major concern that the owners say that they are losing money on Brookvale and it goes back to the elephant in the room, will Brookvale be ever upgraded?

Now that the state government has dropped the forced council amalgamation which affected both Manly and Warringah councils, can we please get some clarity about, will the ground be upgraded? and most importantly when?

It beggars belief that there are not regular updates regarding this, is anyone actually working on progressing this or were all the people capable enough to make it happen all shown the door?

So the Roosters average 22000? Give me break!
No doubt our early crowds were adversely affected by our poor season in 2016 followed up by losses in rounds 1 and 2.

Don't forget they count in the coloured seats. They can't tell the difference .. seat vrs supporter, same mental capacity so that's why the numbers vary.

http://footyindustry.com/files/nrl/crowds/2017/2017NRLCrowds.png

Doesn't read that way to me...? Attendance is completely separate to Members. Unless Im missing something?
Both ANZ and SCG Trust Gold Memberships include free entry, thus they are 'attendees' even if they're not physically present.

http://www.sydneycricketground.com.au/membership/card-usage-and-regulations/member-card-usage/
Gold Membership Card:
The Gold Member Card admits the holder to all regularly scheduled sporting events at the Sydney Cricket Ground and Allianz Stadium...

There was an article about these anomalies regarding the Rorters crowds, as the crowd at the ground is so obviously less than the reported figure.

I used to be a member at ANZ and could go to anything apart from concerts. For SOO and GF you had to formally apply for a free pass so they knew how many Members would attend, then they could release empty seats to the public for $$$

Don't know why we don't play a game at Gosford, just about guaranteed a crowd of 15,000+ since there only seems to be one other game there during the year (Roosters).

3rd game away from Brookvale must staying in Sydney or Gosford at least.
Manly need an appearance fee and Gosford doesn't give them that.

ANZ used to give 100k guaranteed gate, don't know if that is still around now that Parra have to play out of there for 3 years

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10