Sea Eagles v Dragons Game day thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No Liam on the bench should indicate Kieran will play but you never can tell these days. If Kieran does play I just hope he gets thru the game without further injury. Good news though.

I think we will win this. After that performance against the Panthers, Tooves would of ripped into the boys and i expect they will come out fired up for this game.

manlyforever08 said:
Can't wait for this one. Gonna sit on the hill for this one as well! Also first time that my team is up against my boyfriend's.. gonna be interesting.

So he'll be wearing maroon & white & holding up the other end of the Snakes Alive banner I take it?

• 👍
Reactions: PJ
Mals said:
manlyforever08 said:
Can't wait for this one. Gonna sit on the hill for this one as well! Also first time that my team is up against my boyfriend's.. gonna be interesting.

So he'll be wearing maroon & white & holding up the other end of the Snakes Alive banner I take it?

Nah he'll prob have "Is Soward Alive"

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Mals said:
manlyforever08 said:

Nah he'll prob have "Is Soward Alive"
1. yes I should make him hold my banner. I hold his at Dragons games a lot :p
2. LOL YES BERK!

How the hell are we 1.50 favorites!!! We have not beat the goons in our last 4 matches and we just got beat by the Riff.

Greg Alexander's thoughts

Manly have had a tough five week campaign, which ended with a loss last week, so they'll be keen to get back in the winner's circle. They get Kieran Foran back, who they've missed; and while they've done a great job to battle on without him, last week it was evident that they really did miss him. They missed his class on the edges, so that's a really big plus for them. I don't think they lose too much with Dean Whare coming in for the suspended Steve Matai. The Dragons got out of jail on the weekend and that snapped a three game losing streak, so they needed to come up with a win. Although not super-impressive, they'll take a little bit of confidence out of that because they'd lost their previous three. Tip: Manly

Daddycool said:
No Liam on the bench should indicate Kieran will play but you never can tell these days. If Kieran does play I just hope he gets thru the game without further injury. Good news though.

Haven't you blokes got it yet.

The team named in the press is nothign more than the team that is named in the press.

torana355 said:
How the hell are we 1.50 favorites!!! We have not beat the goons in our last 4 matches and we just got beat by the Riff.

-6.5 pts on FootyTab. We weren't up for last Sunday and I can't see a reason for putting dosh on us until I see a change. I won't back the Queens but I won't risk anything either at those odds.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Make up your mind, are you a Manly backer or not? ;)

:D Well, yes I normally am. On the games I was expecting us to win this year I have dropped a lot and I can only say my confidence is shaky. Points start has been my downfall. Hopefully they'll come good on the Premiership bet.

I have two bets a year only

1) $50 on Manly to win the premiership at whatever the opening odds are pre season.

2) $10 each way on whatever horse I fancy come Melbourne Cup day

I cleaned up last year when I got $26 to $1 on Manly...this years odds were a lot shorter about $6.

BUT a $1300 win last year gives me a few year of $70 bets and I am still in front.

PS: Punting is a mugs game, thought you knew better MB!!

DRAGONS V SEA EAGLES

Kieran Foran (ankle) completed yesterday's training duties and is expected to play. Anthony Watmough (shoulder) has been cleared to play, while David Williams is rated zero chance to return. The Dragons will also be as named on Tuesday.

COWBOYS V TITANS

Cowboys coach Neil Henry rarely names a player as 18th man two weeks in a row, but a decision has not been made on their bench. Both sides have three players lining up for their third game in 10 days. Brenton Lawrence is expected to miss for the Titans.

RAIDERS V TIGERS

Both sides are expected to be 1-17. Liam Fulton has done enough at training this week to prove his fitness. The Tigers will travel to Canberra today.

BULLDOGS V RABBITOHS

Greg Eastwood (hamstring) has been ruled out. David Stagg is expected to start at lock. Eastwood's replacement has not been named with Dale Finucane, Joel Romelo and Martin Taupau all possible replacements on the bench. There are also rumours Trent Hodkinson could play in the NSW Cup this weekend, but the club strongly deny this. The Rabbitohs will be 1-17.

WARRIORS V STORM

Kevin Locke has trained strongly this week, but club officials maintain their side will be unchanged, forcing Locke to play in the NSW Cup. Michael Greenfield (neck) has been ruled out with Craig Bellamy yet to announce his replacement.

BRONCOS V KNIGHTS

Both clubs are expected to be 1-17. The Broncos' Origin representatives have not had a light training week.

EELS V SHARKS

Reni Maitua will play for the Eels. Matt Ryan is also expected to play despite having trouble breathing earlier this week. The Sharks are expected to be 1-17 with a decision on their extended bench not expected to be made before Monday.

How many games has Wolfman played for us this year? Can't be many more than T-Rex.

Game day and I'm pumped.

I'd like to think we wouldn't lose to the Dragons twice in one season so I'm backing us to win. They'll make us work for it though but in saying that their win against us in round 4 ranks in their top 3 performances this season - I don't think they'll match that performance.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6