Sea Eagles v Dragons Game day thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lussick scores. He played decent tonight but why haven't we seen this before he decided to go to Parra.

Darcy Lussick that is the best thing that you've done all year :D

Very good win, really happy with the effort. They look tired and the bye next week will be great for them.

Cherry ran much more and Kieran was fantastic. Great start to the weekend.

voicefromthehill said:
Gus summed that up well - Lussick has wilted under contract pressure

I believe that has affected a lot of our players this year.

ANOTHER 2 VALUABLE POINTS - YOU LITTLE BEAUTY!!!:p

Good win to Manly, dug hard despite looking out on their feet for part of the second half.

Played the full 80 though and finished the Dragons off with a deserved scoreline.

Enjoy the win Manly fans!

Jason "Turnstyle" Nightingale is an absolute myth. I honestly don't see why people think he's that good. Every try tonight hammered his wing and found him out.

I can't take much more of this I'm gona have heart failure if they keep playing games like this. Gutsy win against a very tough opposition. They really need the bye next week they are bashing themselves to a standstill. I hope we dont lose choc to origin he needs a couple weeks rest. **** matai we need him badly out there especially against the drizzle.

Good win, we looked out on our feet for a while there. Good to see the guys fight through and get the win, that will do us the world of good as the whips get cracking later in the year.

MrInvisible said:
Good win to Manly, dug hard despite looking out on their feet for part of the second half.

Played the full 80 though and finished the Dragons off with a deserved scoreline.

Jason "Turnstyle" Nightingale is an absolute myth. I honestly don't see why people think he's that good. Every try tonight hammered his wing and found him out.

What was he supposed to do ?

mickqld said:
I can't take much more of this I'm gona have heart failure if they keep playing games like this. Gutsy win against a very tough opposition. They really need the bye next week they are bashing themselves to a standstill. I hope we dont lose choc to origin he needs a couple weeks rest. f**k matai we need him badly out there especially against the drizzle.

Im with ya Mick its heart attack stuff by Manly this year, i remember when we would score 4 trys in the first half so i could relax and enjoy the game, even though we got chased down in the second half sometimes. Lyon is our deadset savior, god help us if he gets injured!!!

I hate the Dragons. They just love giving us a hard time.

Great to see our boys tough out another grinding win. The 1996 grand final ended up 20-8 in our favour and so did tonight :D

I'm just itching to see left side Foz,T Rex,Matai and right side DCE,Gift,Lyon,Wolf. 4 props hammering it up King,Kite,Rose,Big Joe with Lussick and Buhrer all fit and firing on all cylinders. There's so much potential improvement out there is this part of the plan. Play tough early in the season to battle harden yourselves for the run to the finals. When our minds are focused we can overcome the fatigue injuries and decisions that set us back. It's a matter of keeping our minds focused every game.

Wow what a game. but I msut ask, where in the Beaver's headgear was this performance last week? Like wow, the opposition has a bigger error count then we do? When did that happen? And the line dropout stats....havn't seen that much favour Manly in...well don't remember. And we actually woon the penalty count? All this against the Goons who thhough severely overated, are a dangerously unpredictable team this year and certainly better then the Panthers. So where in the Beaver's headgear was this kind of performance last week? Also gotta rant more for a bit. I just left my house in my Manly gear, heading towards brookie when all of a sudden I get a call from my GF mentioning that she is having some severe problems at uni (due to a really really really rude and inconsiderate macquarie uni staff member in the Uni's museum studies building) and requries my help. So thus I missed the my first brookie game since I defected from the slime in July 2008.

Firstly why such a poor crowd I would've thought 16 - 18000 for this game? Makes it hard to argue against taking games like this to SFS or ANZ.
Second does anyone know whats wrong with Kingy ?

MrInvisible said:

Disagree. Brilliant winger.

Just thinking that as good a win as it was last night, we still had 4 players out. Matai in particular would have made a difference. Once we eventually get a full team back we'll be hard to stop.

Why all the doomsayers in this thread. The goons didn't look likely after they took the 2 points early, six tackles to go, ten metres out. wtf? The Goons, a team with no confidence.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8