Sea Eagles v Eels @ Fort Brookie GameDay chat thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Losing both your winger and fullback can throw a game-plan out guys. Buhrer played left wing for the first time - EVER. Tony Williams is still getting match fit.

Come on guys, we put 40 on The Eels. Job was over at 1/2 time.

What about Wolfman - OUTSTANDING.

Buhrer may be class as a utility player, but he is no winger. I think Tooves will rethink his options if one of our wingers gets hurt again.

60-0 would have been nice but I'll take 40-24 and easing up down the straight. We always had them covered. But let's face it, Parra are very, very ordinary.

It's an eighty minute game. We had the chance to go for the jugular and blew it. Tooves looked pissed off and rightfully so, we had a big chance to improve our for and against. Big wake up call.

Ralphie. Man you are one negative bloke! This side is nothing like the one that attempted to the one that failed B2b IN 2009. We are coming FOURTH after an absolute injury riddled season and were up 40 nil until injuries in key backline positions forcing 2 forwards to play in the backline and a big centre to play fullback. Parra then played hot potatoe football and jagged a few tries. Providing we beat the Knights next week, we will be perfectly placed for the Dogs and a charge at B2B.

No excuses Ryan, Buhrer may not be a winger but he should know when cover defence is coming across that he needs to come infield or find the grass. On 2 occasions he kept running straight and got bundled into touch. Even if we didnt score any points in the 2nd half, the job should have been to keep Parra to 0, all about pride in our defence and the tryline.

Also had to deal with Des leaving and a constant wave of speculation and attack on the club both from the inside and externally. Very good season thus far!

EagleRock40 said:
No excuses Ryan, Buhrer may not be a winger but he should know when cover defence is coming across that he needs to come infield or find the grass. On 2 occasions he kept running straight and got bundled into touch. Even if we didnt score any points in the 2nd half, the job should have been to keep Parra to 0, all about pride in our defence and the tryline.

How many times do you think Matai has practiced at fullback ? And Buhrer on the wing with Tony beside him ? Defensive cohesion will always suffer in these sort of situations

2 unplanned interchanges in the backs also means forwards playing more minutes than accustomed too

All that adds up to what we saw in the final 15mins. Not great but understandable

Kevinward777 said:
Ralphie. Man you are one negative bloke! This side is nothing like the one that attempted to the one that failed B2b IN 2009. We are coming FOURTH after an absolute injury riddled season and were up 40 nil until injuries in key backline positions forcing 2 forwards to play in the backline and a big centre to play fullback. Parra then played hot potatoe football and jagged a few tries. Providing we beat the Knights next week, we will be perfectly placed for the Dogs and a charge at B2B.

We will more than likely be 5th after tomorrow night and as Gould said in commentary, with the top 4 being so tight, for and against is crucial. The boys blew it today, 2V knew it and hopefully he unloaded on them after the game.

Ryan said:
(told Ballin I loved him !!)
Well done Ryan for being a passionate (or drunk) fan. I've never had the pleasure of telling a Manly player I loved him.
Anyway, even though we didn't win by 60 as most would have liked, we still won. All is good.

Kiwi Eagle said:
EagleRock40 said:

How many times do you think Matai has practiced at fullback ? And Buhrer on the wing with Tony beside him ? Defensive cohesion will always suffer in these sort of situations

2 unplanned interchanges in the backs also means forwards playing more minutes than accustomed too

All that adds up to what we saw in the final 15mins. Not great but understandable

I thought Matai actually did a reasonable job at fullback. Buhrer has been very solid when filling in at centre and also maybe once or twice on the wing before. It's still no excuse for a genuine top 4 team to make 30 missed tackles and 9 incomplete sets in the 2nd half.

Matai did cover a lot of ground at fb, I thought he went ok. That said I'd have left the centres and moved Wolf because Lyon and Steve could organise the fill in wingers in defense.

:dodgy: My missus did it again. I'm sure that she is Manly's bad luck (or at least when I'm watching the game). Manly were leading 40 nil and then she comes home from work and the opposition score 24 unanswered points. :-/

niccipops said:
Ryan said:
(told Ballin I loved him !!)
Well done Ryan for being a passionate (or drunk) fan. I've never had the pleasure of telling a Manly player I loved him.
Anyway, even though we didn't win by 60 as most would have liked, we still won. All is good.
Classic menage a trois. Wonder if Matt realised what he'd let himself in for before he re-signed!

Matai went ok at fullback don't get me wrong, but be can't organize the defense from there like Stewart does, and the centre/wing partnership is a crucial one in defense and they had no experience in it

I think where we clocked off mentally would be the guys knowing the game was in the bag, seeing 3 of the side go off injured and slip into the mentality of looking after themselves for next week

F**k knuckle Dogs fan doing laps of Brookie Oval today waving a Canterbury flag & wearing a white mask over his face.

What possesses scum like this to go to opponents ground when their team is not playing other than to incite hatred?!?!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8