Sea Eagles v Eels @ Fort Brookie GameDay chat thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Some of you are need to relax

An easy win (one where we did not have to play for the second half) with 3 injuries...so one bench player..

Job done

Ralphie said:
So we have been beaten 18-6 in the 2nd half by the team that will get the spoon this year, minus their star player in Hayne............ Wow!!!!!!!

And our side minus a winger and fullback with 4 forwards on the bench and a lot of guys playing out of position to cover those spots

Attitude wasn't great but hardly surprising that the game changed the second all those reshuffles happened

lsz said:
Some of you are need to relax

An easy win (one where we did not have to play for the second half) with 3 injuries...so one bench player..

Job done

Wrong, that was disgraceful. It reminded me of our fades in 2009.

For and against (or lack of it) plus losses to Parra, Penriff & GC will cost us a top 4 spot. FFS add 6 competition points and we are on top alone.

A nice easy win, lost the 2nd half but got the 2 points..all good.
Hope Snake isn't too bad as he didn't look to happy.

lloydy said:

I think he looked annoyed because he wanted to play on

Ceagle said:
lloydy said:

I think he looked annoyed because he wanted to play on

Hope that was it, but I think he knew he had a decent injury.

Stewart's injury could be up in the air, with his knees it means his hammies could take a while to recover ! Whare to cover fullback next weekend, hopefully Jorge and joe are right, did someone mention that Matai was injured too ?

Just back from watching both full grades win. What a day out ! The term "owned" came to mind. I kept thinking, are we about to retire yet another NRL coach?

Make no mistakes, Manly clocked off at 1/2 time. That's the ONLY reason The Eels scored a few.

Man, I hope Brett is ok, and his being taken off was precautionary.

Great crowd, great atmosphere. Pies were hot, and the drinks were cold !!! You beauty !!

All the tries bar one came through Williams and Buhrers side. If we kept our players on the field this 2nd half fade would not have happened. In saying that some of the errors and defensive misses were poor. Tooves will rip them a new one.

We could see him from the crowd. He was, well, not happy !! Hahahahaha...
Teams clock off. I'm fine with it.

Got to shake hands with DCE, Ballin, Rosey (told Ballin I loved him !!)

I'll do a full NYC breakdown for everyone later tonight

Garts said:
All the tries bar one came through Williams and Buhrers side. If we kept our players on the field this 2nd half fade would not have happened. In saying that some of the errors and defensive misses were poor. Tooves will rip them a new one.

Exactly

And even though Wolfman had 4 on the board, it was the left hand side where most of the initial damage was being done, and we lost that completely straight after our final try

Kiwi Eagle said:
Garts said:

Exactly

And even though Wolfman had 4 on the board, it was the left hand side where most of the initial damage was being done, and we lost that completely straight after our final try

Not only did we lose the side that was creating a number of attacking opportunities we then had Williams and Buhrer trying to defend in positions they do not play in. I would have thought Wolf at FB would have been less distributive. Either way we still won.

Very impressive first half, our right side lethal even without Gift. Great comeback by the Wolfman. All props were outstanding, and ZERO missed tackles.
No excuses for the 2nd half, it was diabolical. They through the game plan out the window, missed tackles and threw stupid passes. I hope Tooves rips into them this week, because our for and against should have been muich better than +16 after our first 40 minutes.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8