SeaEagles v Dogs @ANZ Rd5 Game day thread #GoManly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

pick the Margin

• Manly 1-4

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Manly 5-8

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Manly 9-12

Votes: 31 45.6%
  • Manly 13+

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • Draw

• Dogs 1-6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dogs 7-12

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • dogs 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
20-6, not as good as 20-0 BUT still great....and don't forget we are now 4 from 5...what a great start to 2013.

Could be a GREAT year!!

Gift will slot back in and that right side will become awesome in attack again. Hope he is back before we play Storm. I wish Blair was still at the Storm.

We got hammered in penalties and Dogs were offside a lot and definitely on for the wrestle tonight, our play the ball was slow. They had the rub of the refereeing and we still smashed them

Kiwi Eagle said:
I may be a hard taskmaster but I'm not leaving this game too happy tbh. Some of our options have been crap

That says alot coming from you as you are usually very positive. I do agree some of our options in attack are frustrating but our defense still brings a smile to my face.

mickqld said:
Gift will slot back in and that right side will become awesome in attack again. Hope he is back before we play Storm. I wish Blair was still at the Storm.

If Blair was playing with the Storm then Cherry Evans wouldn't have run 90 metres to score last week :p

torana355 said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
I may be a hard taskmaster but I'm not leaving this game too happy tbh. Some of our options have been crap

That says alot coming from you as you are usually very positive. I do agree some of our options in attack are frustrating but our defense still brings a smile to my face.

I think Cherry is just overdoing some of the fancy stuff at times and it's winding me up a bit lol. Close to the try line something seems to happen to our attack that blunts it

BOZO said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
MWSE said:
As long as we maintain our line speed we should dominate.
I don't understand how anyone could mistake this for a game we should dominate. Definitely the match of the year so far and I'll be rapt even with a 1 point win.
I don't understand how anyone could under estimate what This Manly team is capable of . ????
Sorry, my bad.

Kiwi Eagle said:
The score didn't reflect how dominant Manly was, we dominated all but about 5 minutes.

And you are right – still plenty of room for improvement in attack - but the attitude in defence is great, and that attitude can set up our whole season. It's like our guys really mean it this year (again).

Good win with lots of room for improvement. Penalties and lack of possession in the second half hurt us but the Dogs never once looked in the game.
Maybe they should buy our entire coaching staff and launch a raid on our players. Oh, wait…
Hope the Roosters give them a touch up next week, and I HATE the Roosters.

We still have plenty of room for improvement whereas I think Souths and Melbourne are pretty much showing all they have. A good run with injuries, Gift back, a few more weeks of tweaks and we will be sweet.

That's a sweet victory. Our defence is our rock. Our attack is a work in progress when Glenn comes back we will be the team to beat

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Kiwi Eagle said:
torana355 said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

I think Cherry is just overdoing some of the fancy stuff at times and it's winding me up a bit lol. Close to the try line something seems to happen to our attack that blunts it

I agree DCE he has been solid but not spectacular I think he misses gifty. On the positive foran has been outstanding

Do these idiots commentating not watch the game Ferris came on with his headgear on as usual and in his first hit up it was ripped off him and must have been broken. But we had to listen to 5 minutes of crap about how some players start out wearing headgear but discard it later on in their career and that Jamie has recently got engaged so he may not be wearing it for that reason ffs.

All I can say is keep up the good work @[mickqld] his tips are working great, just a pity he went for Manly V the Titans!!

Kiwi Eagle said:
This is great defence from us, but tbh I'm finding this whole 2nd half a touch boring. Arc me up lads !!

I hope we are bored like this every damn week..LOL :p

Mark from Brisbane said:
All I can say is keep up the good work @[mickqld] his tips are working great, just a pity he went for Manly V the Titans!!

Just doing my best for the cause mate.

Utility Player said:
Do these idiots commentating not watch the game Ferris came on with his headgear on as usual and in his first hit up it was ripped off him and must have been broken. But we had to listen to 5 minutes of crap about how some players start out wearing headgear but discard it later on in their career and that Jamie has recently got engaged so he may not be wearing it for that reason ffs.

Embarrassing lack of attention exhibited by Gus, Rabs and Co., I agree.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8