Season Over For Gifty

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He's lived up to his nickname and been a true Gift for Manly.
Sad :(.
Best of luck Glenn. You deserve it.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/08/28/surgery_sidelines_stewart_for_season.html

Bugger

One of our greats for sure shame he didn't make 200 games?

I wonder if Souffs are a bit concerned that they might have got a croc due to injury luckily Glen signed on early in the season, he value would have halved by now.

Is there a chance Souths will renege on the deal? I think there is a get out clause for the new club after getting a medical clearance before a contract starts.

Sad ending for a legend.
He'll be very well remembered.
Will go down with Brett as a special part of our history.

Here's to the players doing it for Gifty and Kingy in 2014.

And to the rest of the players continuing the tradition.

conanu said:
Is it horrible to hope that Gift won't be able to play again. And the insurance company pays out the final couple of years of his Souths contract. And he never pulls on a Souths jersey and becomes a 1 club player. So he is forced to retire as a one club legend and the boys wont be so annoyed because he wont have to leave we can give him a coaching role so he is still part of the system. I would love him to be the new runner!

....if he can run!

Nice sentiments though conanu and all good in theory.

Terrible news. Hopefully he is up to attending and is given the opportunity to stand out in the middle with Kingy at the end of the game for a proper farewell. Nothing will beat the atmosphere of Brookie in Beavers last game but this might go close.

Sad way to end his playing career here. I think we'll miss his experience and toughness in the finals, but perhaps it was a already bit too late for him to come back in and get up to speed (would have been great to have him in the 17 though).

Thanks Glenn for the gift of your blend of consistent solidness, a bit of 'don't argue' when required, deft ball play and the occasional freakish individual play-- (so your brother didn't monopolise that). Hope you play **** at Souths but make heaps of money :)
... but worried you might be the last piece of their puzzle next year.

Well one way of looking at Gift's departure from Manly is that at least his last game that he played in wasn't a loss so with that 54 to 18 round 8 kick-ass win over Canberra, in my eyes, he bows out as a winner.

HillbillyThumbsUp.gif

voicefromthehill said:
Article in today's telegraph has Toovey saying he is hopeful that Glenn will return next week? Confused I am

I find that that will be impossible to happen considering he supposedly only had ankle surgery on Thursday according to a quote in an article on the Manly Daily website on Thursday that Brett was supposed to have said.

Jethro said:
voicefromthehill said:
Article in today's telegraph has Toovey saying he is hopeful that Glenn will return next week? Confused I am

I find that that will be impossible to happen considering he supposedly only had ankle surgery on Thursday according to a quote in an article on the Manly Daily website on Thursday that Brett was supposed to have said.

He won't be back, he has had his knee cleaned out as well, getting any nicks and tucks done any makeovers, hair extensions etc for his new start next season. He is a top guy and a very humble person and I wish nothing but the best

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4