Seems the "cleanout" is broader than we think: Now the Angels?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not sure, but do the Angels actually take funding from the club? If not, what harm are they doing? Aren't they just promoting (hate the term) the brand. I am starting to have visions of Scott Penn stroking a white cat (ala Austin Powers movie) as he makes these decisions.

Not sure, but do the Angels actually take funding from the club? If not, what harm are they doing? Aren't they just promoting (hate the term) the brand. I am starting to have visions of Scott Penn stroking a white cat (ala Austin Powers movie) as he makes these decisions.
No they don't and the Sea Birds are also self funded.

The Angels had the temerity to take up seats in our empty stadium.

the penn company are only interested in what they can get out of the club not what the club can get from them.12 months time they will sell the club out and sell to their own development company to build town houses/units on the property and want the team to play out of one of the major stadiums no brooky as that is too costly to renovate so will take the leagues option of the stadiums, council is also in on this act so they can lease to other sports. not too bad eh council gets to make profits out of a bequest that brooky be open to the public for most of the year as park space the poor bugger who bequested this would be rolling in his grave as for me after this stupid year and sacking of a club legend I have had enough. I was their first aid /docs assistant from 1966 to 1973 and this great club was part of my life,and the players and staff bled maroon & white, one of our players ,alec tennant had a problem with taking the ball with a finger, he had it removed in the off season and came back and played like the champion he was, other players of the time like fred and nick yakitch often played with injuries that players of today would be out for weeks,all these players gave more than any of these players today and they also had full time jobs to hold down, our great leaders ken arthurson, doug daley etc were the greatest of their time but knew how to handle people, that's why we were so good, and brought players to the club that wanted to play for us. As or the nrl what a bunch of soft cocks they take over the debts of the gold coast and allow them to try and sign dce luckily he woke up and backflipped the nrl will help these useless clubs instead of taking their licences off them or relocate them to another state to make this a game played in every state. mr smith is only interested in what he can get out of league and nothing else. I am sorry about this rave but after 60 years following this great team and 52 years as a member of the leagues club I think I can spit one last time as from now on I will be handing in my membership, and my hard earned will not be going to the penn pockets , I will still cheer on our team until the very end, which as stated I believe will not be too far off, max delmage thanks for what you did to keep us afloat but to the penn clan I hope a thousand birds **** on your heads and makes life hard and dirty remember you arsehole karma is bitch and she will get you.
MANLY FOREVER SIGNING OFF FOR GOOD
Zambuck

@zambuck sorry to hear that you are so disenfranchised, especially given your close ties to the club. I'm hoping that there is some silver lining to the current cloud. Have faith mate, Manly have a history of coming back from adversity.

I am sorry about this rave but after 60 years following this great team and 52 years as a member of the leagues club
After seeing C & C's post I went back and read yours zambuck, you are entitled to a one giant-paragraph rant.
You yourself are part of Sea Eagle history so I salute you. Now we need the wisdom of your experience more than ever!

What's going on?

Not even the Eagles Angels are safe:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...iders-parting-with-manly-20150730-ginrao.html

I hate it when corporates come in to "shake things up" and change everything.

They are killing Manly's culture.

I think Joe Kelly is an NRL plant to dismantle the Manly culture leaving an empty generic franchise for the NRL to move wherever they want. Sure looks that way.

NYEagle
Joe Kelly is puppet to the Penn's. He does as they say, but is made to be the bad guy

This may sound like a bit of a conspiracy theory, but I'm going to ask the question anyway.

There is a school of thought going around that Zorba seems to be on a campaign to get rid of those who didn't support him when he got the sack for his "good sort" comment a few years ago. Tooves is gone, or going, as we know, and given what he got the sack for I don't think the Angels supported him either.

Coincidence? I hope that's all it is because if its not.......

This may sound like a bit of a conspiracy theory, but I'm going to ask the question anyway.

There is a school of thought going around that Zorba seems to be on a campaign to get rid of those who didn't support him when he got the sack for his "good sort" comment a few years ago. Tooves is gone, or going, as we know, and given what he got the sack for I don't think the Angels supported him either.

Coincidence? I hope that's all it is because if its not.......
lol seriously. does anyone really think Zorba wields that kind of power.

l;ets just call it for what it is. This is faction clearing at all levels and driving bottom line business decisions.
No conspiracies no BS.

This article is actually just complete muck-racking

What I find so ironic and actually so tragic is that we all bemoan the media doing what they do to, yet we lap it up and only further fuel and validate the media doing this.

I wish we could just enjoy watching football again

lol seriously. does anyone really think Zorba wields that kind of power.

l;ets just call it for what it is. This is faction clearing at all levels and driving bottom line business decisions.
No conspiracies no BS.

This article is actually just complete muck-racking

What I find so ironic and actually so tragic is that we all bemoan the media doing what they do to, yet we lap it up and only further fuel and validate the media doing this.

I wish we could just enjoy watching football again
He must have some kind of power to still be there. He's the most incompetent piece of waffle the Greek's have ever produced.

The Manly Warringah Liquid Papers. We'll have no personality soon if they keep driving all of them out !!!

He must have some kind of power to still be there. He's the most incompetent piece of waffle the Greek's have ever produced.
Interesting logic but also a flawed one really.

People love a villain though.

I've never really liked zorba from my experiences with him but to lay so much blame at his feet is wrong.

Maybe distance gives clarity but this seems all a little far fetched and my eyes see it far differently as I can view it without emotion

I've never really liked zorba from my experiences with him but to lay so much blame at his feet is wrong.

Maybe distance gives clarity but this seems all a little far fetched and my eyes see it far differently as I can view it without emotion
Sorry Dan, I know you've suggested your comments go over people's heads but in this case, it's the reverse. I was simply referring to the fact that his marital relationship to the Penns must ensure he has a job because he is clearly an incompetent dinosaur. Nothing more in that particular post.

The Angels do not take funding from the Club. They do not get paid - in the past they had their own sponsors. They bought money into the Club.

OK so here is a fair question - the article itself refers to things they did 10+ years ago, but as a group - what have they actually done recently?
They haven't done anything recently as they haven't been contacted by the club since Dec last year. They are regrouping and considering other charity options.

Ok @Dan, IF it's a flawed view how do you read it??

They haven't done anything recently as they haven't been contacted by the club since Dec last year. They are regrouping and considering other charity options.
From the other thread and reading Zorba's column they're finished and will be replaced by the Golden Eagles.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6