Shane "Jye Mullane" Neumann

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: Shane "Jye Mullane" Neumann

I don't think we should place all the blame on the new kid. Sure he made some mistakes but so did others. It's a team game and our whole team is sucking at the moment. That said I'd rather see our real wingers back.

niccipops link said:
I don't think we should place all the blame on the new kid. Sure he made some mistakes but so did others. It's a team game and our whole team is sucking at the moment. That said I'd rather see our real wingers back.

Sure but he put us under pressure with repeat sets he only had to catch the ball from a simple chip twice but stuffed it which lead to Penrith getting repeat sets which lead to tries

Exactly Dan.

No one is questioning whether he was played out of position it was stuff that whether he was playing wing or centre was just damn stupid.

He had a shocker but I have more of an issue with the more experienced players who were doing dumb stuff.  Kite being caught with the ball on the last, L'Estrange making a bust then chucking the ball to no one on the inside to name a couple.  We had more than enough opportunities to make up for Neumann's costly errors, we just went onto to make even more farking errors. 

I agree Garts, Neumann can't be blamed for the thrown chances of winning.  Even Robbo, who should know better, threw a wild speculator that ended in the hands of Penriff, as did Kite and LeSnack.  The team is playing very ordinary football at the moment and when it comes together we'll string some wins.  Neumann is the whipping boy this week for the loss but I blame Orford.  He's the captain, the leader, the playmaker, the talker, the organizer, but he's doing none of these things.  Just look at the other halves in the comp being paid peanuts and tell me Orfords earning his 400K.  No he's not.  And Hasler putting Robbo at fullback when the team's crying out for a quality winger.  Just dumb arse stuff from the coach. 

Howie Matthews I believe Clon

Heard his name mentioned a bit a few years back over here, but he disappeared off the radar until I saw him named in the Coast side

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Howie Matthews I believe Clon

Heard his name mentioned a bit a few years back over here, but he disappeared off the radar until I saw him named in the Coast side

He has looked okay with the ball in the 2 games I have seen him play but his defence is crook -  the other day when they were trailing by 4 with 10 mins to go Josh Maguire from Norths broke thru and  Matthews ran away from him to his supporting player -  Maguire didn't even shape to pass - it looked terrible. -

I'll be in a pub somewhere in Tasmania this weekend to watch this game. Douggie, if you hear yelling mate in Melbourne - it's me !

DSM5 link said:
I agree Garts, Neumann can't be blamed for the thrown chances of winning.  Even Robbo, who should know better, threw a wild speculator that ended in the hands of Penriff, as did Kite and LeSnack.  The team is playing very ordinary football at the moment and when it comes together we'll string some wins.  Neumann is the whipping boy this week for the loss but I blame Orford.  He's the captain, the leader, the playmaker, the talker, the organizer, but he's doing none of these things. 

I didn't see the game, so am trying to get an angle on wtf happened from the forum. Mostly alot of scapegoating of neumann, till these posts. even when they have a shocker outside backs shouldn't lose you games really. halves yes, but mostly they are creatures of how the pigs are going.

so, can anyone say how did the illustrious eagles pack play? any signs of the power + skill + pack commitment from last year? Anyone stand up and get stuck in? Any signs of a turnaround where it really counts?

Ian Martin tragic link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=179895.msg216477#msg216477 date=1238483822]
I agree Garts, Neumann can't be blamed for the thrown chances of winning.  Even Robbo, who should know better, threw a wild speculator that ended in the hands of Penriff, as did Kite and LeSnack.  The team is playing very ordinary football at the moment and when it comes together we'll string some wins.  Neumann is the whipping boy this week for the loss but I blame Orford.  He's the captain, the leader, the playmaker, the talker, the organizer, but he's doing none of these things. 

I didn't see the game, so am trying to get an angle on wtf happened from the forum. Mostly alot of scapegoating of neumann, till these posts. even when they have a shocker outside backs shouldn't lose you games really. halves yes, but mostly they are creatures of how the pigs are going.

so, can anyone say how did the illustrious eagles pack play? any signs of the power + skill + pack commitment from last year? Anyone stand up and get stuck in? Any signs of a turnaround where it really counts?
[/quote]

First half we were looking pretty solid and were busting them down the right hand side, then they got a roll on in attack as happens with 2 refs.
Neumann dropped a few absolute sitters of catches and we only just got away with them not scoring, but they had 6 repeat sets on our line before half time, we went in up 6 - 0

At half time it started raining, the same sort of rain as in the Bulldogs game.

I dont think we completed a set in the second half. They again got repeat sets on our line due to neuman dropping balls that a 10 year old could catch.

We got some rough calls that lead to repeat sets that also lead to a try
their second try was ridiculously soft defense on the line.

We scored a good try through Bailey in the second on the right hand side, but failed to convert

It was some of the worst handling I have ever seen, i doubt our completions would have been as high as 60%

IMT, Cuthbo looked interesting when he came on, no silly offloads.  Kite's playing poorly and Ted Bear is just doing it for five minutes.  Choc ran well but he and Princess gave a couple of the usual dumb penalties.  Glenn Stewart and Hall ran strongly and made metres but no backup runners. Hall dropped a couple of balls as he usually does.  Not much go forward, rather the sideways thing and, wtf, passing between front rowers standing still?.  There's some improvement on the prior games but not enough to get excited about.  To much stupid play, not enough direction from Orful and dumb penalties.  Killing anything really.  We'll certainly miss Jamie as he's the best thing on ground.  Our outside backs weren't good.  Bani seems to lack speed and doesn't anticipate much.  Robbo is lost at fullback (duh, he's a winger) and Neumann seems to have got up the nose of other posters.  I don't personally blame him.  It's a team malaise and Orful isn't doing it.  

Thanks for the analysis folks.
I'm reading a lack of teamwork and overall focus/confidence across the comments. excuse my ignorance, but who is princess?

Princess is King, who was actually hitting bloody hard the other night

While we are on King, he was named on the news tonight as the culprit who has Steve Price talking like Gary Larson, and having to withdraw from this weekends match because he had trouble breathing in last weekends game. Accidental knee to the throat while Price was tackling him

Best thing Kingy has done in a while

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8