Post-Game Discussion Sharks v Manly [Round 21, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sharks
Vs
Sea Eagles
26 PointsBet Stadium
23 Jul 2023 16:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

I'll take a deflating win over a deflating loss any day of the week. And really, given we lost three middle forwards and played without much luck or possession in the second half, it wasn't even truly deflating. The Warriors and Cowboys also let good leads slip this weekend (not as good as ours, but still) after fatigue set in and the momentum went against them. In the end, we got the result we deserved.

I'll take a deflating win over a deflating loss any day of the week. And really, given we lost three middle forwards and played without much luck or possession in the second half, it wasn't even truly deflating. The Warriors and Cowboys also let good leads slip this weekend (not as good as ours, but still) after fatigue set in and the momentum went against them. In the end, we got the result we deserved.
Agree. Letting leads slip, the Cranberry Raiders do it all the time.

Seibold....
Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor
That movie never gets old. Oh yes, we can laugh about it now. :eek: :sick:

Now I understand why Boldy picked six props in the 17 . . . three of them were going to be injured.
Lodge was outstanding and Al was having a good match prior to the injury. Bad luck for Tent who has been very good this season.
Surely everyone can see that Jurbo is a prop. He is a one-trick pony: the best tackler in the business. But he never beats a player and dies with the ball far too often. Is it a tactic to use him as the fourth tackle option? It seems to me he just kills the attack. I love him dearly as a player, but lets just use him for what he is good at, tackling.

Fitzgibbon said in the presser the refs decisions were against them haha. That'll do me ! He reckons he'll be following it up with the NRL this week.
Yeah, I dropped an expletive and the coffee I was having when I watched it, hit my computer screen. Seriously, what a goose.

From nrl.com........

Manly are set to be without props Taniela Paseka and Josh Aloiai for an extended period after the pair suffered injuries in their side's 30-26 victory against the Sharks on Sunday.

Paseka was taken from the field in the fourth minute with a suspected Grade 3 MCL injury after his right leg was twisted in a tackle involving Cronulla forwards Dale Finucane and Toby Rudolf.

Aloiai was taken from the field in the 62nd minute after his shoulder had dislocated on several occasions during the match.

"I think Taniela has done an MCL, obviously he needs a scan but they feel like it's a Grade 3 so that's going to be significant," Seibold said following the match.

"And Josh's shoulder has been a little bit of an issue for him this year and it came out times during the game and obviously we took him out the game the third time he came out.

"So I think we'll lose those two guys for a significant amount of time."

From nrl.com........

Manly are set to be without props Taniela Paseka and Josh Aloiai for an extended period after the pair suffered injuries in their side's 30-26 victory against the Sharks on Sunday.

Paseka was taken from the field in the fourth minute with a suspected Grade 3 MCL injury after his right leg was twisted in a tackle involving Cronulla forwards Dale Finucane and Toby Rudolf.

Aloiai was taken from the field in the 62nd minute after his shoulder had dislocated on several occasions during the match.

"I think Taniela has done an MCL, obviously he needs a scan but they feel like it's a Grade 3 so that's going to be significant," Seibold said following the match.

"And Josh's shoulder has been a little bit of an issue for him this year and it came out times during the game and obviously we took him out the game the third time he came out.

"So I think we'll lose those two guys for a significant amount of time."

That’s good re Paseka that was an ugly tackle. I thought it was going to be significantly worse.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8