Post-Game Discussion Sharks v Manly [Round 21, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sharks
Vs
Sea Eagles
26 PointsBet Stadium
23 Jul 2023 16:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

The south's loss earlier on the year is proving costly right now.

Yep probably a few games short.
Yes those three points wasted vs Oldcastle and the Nuff-Nuffs have had a huge impact.

Throw in the Oldy Titians, Narks and Stockpersons at Brookvale. Three other games we could and should have won.

Last edited:
Agreed.

I was surprised there was no 'wishbone tackle' call on Tent's injury (as I was with Jake head hit as he stayed down and the bunker looked at it).

Fitzgibbon can go blow a sparkplug if he wants a please explain from the refs.

He sprayed his team about their lack of defence last week, and so the fact they were caught offside many times was no real surprise (and bad coaching).

Also there was a penalty in the second half where the player 'oregon' (really parents???) was not square and the ref screamed his lungs out 3+ times telling him he was not square, yet what happens....

Oregon goes in and makes the tackle...penalty Broncos Manly.

So it's an easy one for Annesley to defend - fitzy, your players were terribly undisciplined.
I understand Oregon’s parents, Dakota and Washington, are also the proud parents of Idaho, Montana and Wyoming.

They were tossing up some other western US state names when they named Oregon. Utah they considered too short, Nevada is a gambling Mecca (big no-no) and they couldn’t spell California.

So Oregon, who is a big chunk of timber, it is.

I understand Oregon’s parents, Dakota and Washington, are also the proud parents of Idaho, Montana and Wyoming.

They were tossing up some other western US state names when they named Oregon. Utah they considered too short, Nevada is a gambling Mecca (big no-no) and they couldn’t spell California.

I just spent 20 mins looking for the pic of the town of "Boring" Oregon that I took, but couldn't find it. Too much effort for a slight chuckle...

They settled on Oregon after considering Pine and Cedar. Personally I think they should have gone with Walnut.

Good to see glamour boy Hynes spit the dummy when he wasnt the focus of attention and things didnt go his way. He should have a case to answer also

Yeah fox were also riding the sharks home. Cooper Cronk was right behind them.
It was horrible commentating I was watching Fox and Cronk was so biassed and riding the sharks and his mate Fitzgibbon home, then I turned to nine and Gus was cheering the Sharks so I turned the volume off and switched back to Fox
Unbiassed commentating what a joke - its the same every week

It was horrible commentating I was watching Fox and Cronk was so biassed and riding the sharks and his mate Fitzgibbon home, then I turned to nine and Gus was cheering the Sharks so I turned the volume off and switched back to Fox
Unbiassed commentating what a joke - its the same every week
It gets very boring, and we are rarely ( if ever ) on the other side of that.

Well done to all the Silvertails too last night.

There was one poster who came in here abusing people (name calling etc), and when no-one bit, they re-upped another two times, and not a single person engaged them.

That's how you delete and manage the toxicity. Big up guys.

Well back on here dealing with personal stuff. Gez Lodge seems a good get. Dce best footy I seen since days of 11 to 14.
Koula needs to feed ball to Saab. Josh Schuster seems to not have defence sorted for 6 and I have doubts as backrower next year

Good to see Koula on the score sheet a couple of times, quality player that needs to get some more opportunities with the ball. Stats suggest Olakau’atu was pretty strong inside him too

Will have a look at some highlights later on

Good to see Koula on the score sheet a couple of times, quality player that needs to get some more opportunities with the ball. Stats suggest Olakau’atu was pretty strong inside him too

Will have a look at some highlights later on
Great game from all the boys to hang in there the way they did. Tolu should have bagged a couple more trys. One where he got deliberately tripped by hynes and the other one when he should have got the ball from Haumoli with both tolu and saab completely unmarked on the outside. The sharks with the amount of ball they got would have piled on similar points on any side yesterday. We did well to hold them out.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8