Shaun Lane

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Lane has jumped from 1 basket case club to an even bigger basket case club. Parra will fuk him over like the rest.

Well they're doing incredibly well to top their group considering Argentina so I guess it might be a while till you finally get the chance to watch Manly again :D

On another note, I'm planning a trip to Croatia some time next year! Really excited to go there. Any tips for a first visit?

Split is my favorite town on the Croatian Coast with great restaurants and funky bars. We had a great time there in September last year. Dubrovnik was amazing but was extremely crowded with a number of cruise ships coming in daily. We enjoyed Split more.

We were in the same situation with Sosia Vave a couple of years ago, was playing well for us, good meters up the middle, Parra offered him a $hitload more than us and hasn't been sighted since.
Moral of the story is, you pay a player what he's worth to you at the time and if someone wants to pay more, then so be it
Convenient excuse every time a player leaves us it's because another club is paying overs when the truth is players can't wait to leave us we are a rabble at the moment. The truth is no one is desperate or even keen to join us we are hanging around looking for the scraps of the nrl and esl.

Convenient excuse every time a player leaves us it's because another club is paying overs when the truth is players can't wait to leave us we are a rabble at the moment. The truth is no one is desperate or even keen to join us we are hanging around looking for the scraps of the nrl and esl.

Can you give me a list of all the players that have left over the past 5 years ... that we wanted to keep ....

.. could you also put an asterisk next to those that left for less than we offered ....

... thanks

Well they're doing incredibly well to top their group considering Argentina so I guess it might be a while till you finally get the chance to watch Manly again :D

On another note, I'm planning a trip to Croatia some time next year! Really excited to go there. Any tips for a first visit?
Was over there six months ago, really enjoyed Zagreb and Split, and not expensive or crowded as Dubrovnik, also Kotor in Montenegro is really worth seeing and not too expensive

Agree .... outstanding coaching and man management from Baz to bring him on over the past 18months ...

Agree.
Lane has really come on.
Ball handling and energy has improved out of sight.
His biggest improvement has been increased involvement playing in the middle. Credit where it's due to Barrett.

Agree.
Lane has really come on.
Ball handling and energy has improved out of sight.
His biggest improvement has been increased involvement playing in the middle. Credit where it's due to Barrett.

Agree .... I confess to being one that thought he was a lost cause ..... will be interesting to see if he continues to grow at Cumberland ..

UMMM, you think his improvement had something to do with him fishing out a new contract rather than the work of the supercoach?

I'm happy to give credit where it's due.
Lane has improved markedly under Barrett.

Let's not forget that he was fishing for new contracts at the Warriors and Doggies playing from reserve grade and going backwards.

There is no question he has improved, and I dont believe the contract has anything to do with it.

I'm happy to give credit where it's due.
Lane has improved markedly under Barrett.

Let's not forget that he was fishing for new contracts at the Warriors and Doggies playing from reserve grade and going backwards.

There is no question he has improved, and I dont believe the contract has anything to do with it.
Prop is a position where Lane's deficiencies are covered up in a way. A lot of his handling errors came from a half hitting the edge forward instead of bypassing him as a decoy. At prop, he gets a soft pass from dummy half and has nowhere else to run but straight. In defence, the key thing for an edge forward is their decision making on which player to mark. At prop, just tackle anything that comes to you.

We were in the same situation with Sosia Vave a couple of years ago, was playing well for us, good meters up the middle, Parra offered him a $hitload more than us and hasn't been sighted since.
Moral of the story is, you pay a player what he's worth to you at the time and if someone wants to pay more, then so be it

Maybe he should have asked vave how well that's going - not. Looks like vave will be dumped by parra pretty soon

It amazing how much the effort increased in the last year of their contract. Big incentive and it paid off. Well done Lane.

Can you give me a list of all the players that have left over the past 5 years ... that we wanted to keep ....

.. could you also put an asterisk next to those that left for less than we offered ....

... thanks

Why would I bother? apparently every player that leaves we don't want or others are paying overs for. Two players who will be leaving seasons end are Api and Marty forget the denials both are leaving.

Why would I bother? apparently every player that leaves we don't want or others are paying overs for. Two players who will be leaving seasons end are Api and Marty forget the denials both are leaving.
Where did you hear this and are you 100% sure ?

Dalmatia n split are must visits

I'm more than happy to continue hijacking this thread so:
If you have the time Bosnia and Herzegovina is well worth a visit for something different - Sarajevo, Mostar and the Kravica Waterfall would probably be on the top of the list for a couple of days.
As for Croatia, there are also some great national parks - Biokovo was one of my highlights and was almost deserted when we went in May a few years ago.

I'm more than happy to continue hijacking this thread so:
If you have the time Bosnia and Herzegovina is well worth a visit for something different - Sarajevo, Mostar and the Kravica Waterfall would probably be on the top of the list for a couple of days.
As for Croatia, there are also some great national parks - Biokovo was one of my highlights and was almost deserted when we went in May a few years ago.
Would definitely want to do a trip around most of the Balkan countries when I do go. Thanks for all the great tips :) We love exploring national parks so will definitely take your advice.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10