Shaun Lane

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Lane knocking back our offer is a BIG F U to Barrett and his cronies.
Its a big statement, and we should be very worried about attracting real talent to the club.

The Parra offer is rumoured to be TWICE the $'s. If it is I don't begrudge him his choice at all mate. Another rumour is he is on Hastings side in that mess, if so then fair enough he goes, for both parties.

We've been fleeced!!!!

b41000293d8c7d955d67c3ba56e191f2.png

Lane has the opportunity to go out a winner and really use this next couple of months or so to prove he is no flash in the pan and that he is one of the most improved forwards over the last 24 months. If he continues to give his all and doesnt drop his intencity, by all means he should be in our 17 every week till seasons end.

I would give him the next two games to prove that his heart is still with Manly this year. If he fails to deliver i would make him play 80 mins per week for Blacktown for the rest of the year.

Don't tell me @Woodsie has jumped ship too

Not in our lifetime ....... I am sorry, but the numb-nutted, white-anting, rumour spreading punchies wearing the "I believe every bad thing said about Manly, and even make up nonsensical Shiite myself" T-shirts will have to put up with me ..... #foreveraseagull ...

PSS ... I have decided to employ a hyphen in numb-nutted to further challenge the IQ of the baggers ......

Not in our lifetime ....... I am sorry, but the numb-nutted, white-anting, rumour spreading punchies wearing the "I believe every bad thing said about Manly, and even make up nonsensical Shiite myself" T-shirts will have to put up with me ..... #foreveraseagull ...

PSS ... I have decided to employ a hyphen in numb-nutted to further challenge the IQ of the baggers ......
Agree with you there. While I can't blame others for criticising the team and the staff for their performances over the last few weeks, the "I can't watch this team anymore" bs along with the constant bagging of Baz and specific players at the club is getting a little stale.

Shaun Lane has officially gone to the eels they offered almost double us...Our club is a basket case.

So we will keep injury prone Sironen and lose a player on the rise who is injury free.

Great Club i follow.

Not to worry, he is a plodder who offers nothing according to some on here.

In reality he is going well but would not pay too much for him.

Siro is a tough one, when on the field we win far more than we lose.

Laugh all you like the sad point is lane has been one player who has improved.
He was off contract so that's no surprise. Vave was great before signing for big dollars at Parra. If he goes on to be great good luck to him but I wouldn't expect it just because he's improved...

Agree with you there. While I can't blame others for criticising the team and the staff for their performances over the last few weeks, the "I can't watch this team anymore" bs along with the constant bagging of Baz and specific players at the club is getting a little stale.
Not bagging Baz or players but personally, I can't watch this team so long as Croatia is still in the World Cup. Once every 4 years my wog blood comes to the surface and it's hard to focus on anything else! Hopefully Manly notch a few wins in the mean time so I can return to this place and it's not just non stop whinging (more like the usual 95% @;))

Not bagging Baz or players but personally, I can't watch this team so long as Croatia is still in the World Cup. Once every 4 years my wog blood comes to the surface and it's hard to focus on anything else!

I thought you were Scott Penn?

Croatia, loved visiting there, want to go back soon. BUT... I was going for Iceland. Tiny Iceland punching above their weight.

sigh

Loved Iceland too.

I thought you were Scott Penn?

Croatia, loved visiting there, want to go back soon. BUT... I was going for Iceland. Tiny Iceland punching above their weight.

sigh

Loved Iceland too.
I like Iceland too. I quite like Hafþór Björnsson and their ability to produce cartoonishly massive units.

Don't forget though - Croatia is only like 4m - both countries are doing very well considering their populations. Croatia's midfield is a thing of beauty...

Not bagging Baz or players but personally, I can't watch this team so long as Croatia is still in the World Cup. Once every 4 years my wog blood comes to the surface and it's hard to focus on anything else! Hopefully Manly notch a few wins in the mean time so I can return to this place and it's not just non stop whinging (more like the usual 95% @;))
Well they're doing incredibly well to top their group considering Argentina so I guess it might be a while till you finally get the chance to watch Manly again :D

On another note, I'm planning a trip to Croatia some time next year! Really excited to go there. Any tips for a first visit?

Laugh all you like the sad point is lane has been one player who has improved.
We were in the same situation with Sosia Vave a couple of years ago, was playing well for us, good meters up the middle, Parra offered him a $hitload more than us and hasn't been sighted since.
Moral of the story is, you pay a player what he's worth to you at the time and if someone wants to pay more, then so be it

Well they're doing incredibly well to top their group considering Argentina so I guess it might be a while till you finally get the chance to watch Manly again :D

On another note, I'm planning a trip to Croatia some time next year! Really excited to go there. Any tips for a first visit?
I haven't been since I was 6, which was 35 years ago. Like I said, I only care about the place once every 4 years!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10