Shaun Lane

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Shaun Lane has officially gone to the eels they offered almost double us...Our club is a basket case.

So we will keep injury prone Sironen and lose a player on the rise who is injury free.

Great Club i follow.
Disappointing news , far from a world beater but seemed to be developing into a good fit for Manly with his versatile role in the forwards . Not a Prop but maybe young Olka the back rower from the 20 "s last season can over come his present season ending injury and come into contention as a i st grade prospect next season .As for Siro "s future value to Manly , can only hope for the best i guess .

Because there half back is not on 1.2 million.........DCE needs to take a 300-400k pay cut.

Tough times.
But Chez has 400k TPA and now Eels have Moses on 700k, Lane and Marty on more than we had, so the total of the 3 positions would be equal in Cap Terms :cool:

On top of that, Junior Paulo on 3 million for 4 years :wondering:

Shaun Lane leaves Manly to join Parramatta Eels

Manly’s woes continue with talented forward Shaun Lane signing to join the Eels in 2019.

The 23-year-old Lane has been among the Sea Eagles’ most consistent performers this season, playing every game for the club.

Lane has enjoyed the best season of his career but is off contract and Manly couldn’t match the deal that the Eels offered.

The move will see lanky back-rower Lane playing for his fourth club in five years.

With their salary cap problems, they are unlikely to be able to sign any ‘name’ players to replace the departing stars.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/06/22...ns-with-parramatta-eels-from-manly-sea-eagles

Lane finds a round a bout on two way street, does a 'u' turn and exits Manly's place and heads to Parra's boulevard of broken dreams.

That's all the news we have at the crescent time.

Can’t blame Lane for leaving for twice the money. Although he is taking a huge risk going to Parra based on what has happened in the past.

Great to see once again, we get a members insider to give us an idea about this before it's everywhere else. Lack of communication is second to none.

Great to see once again, we get a members insider to give us an idea about this before it's everywhere else. Lack of communication is second to none.

Mate to be fair if he has signed for Parramatta, why would Manly be announcing his departure before the club he has signed for (In this case Parra), given he is off contract rather than being released?

If we had released him absolutely, the club should communicate that, but we haven't - he's simply off contract and has signed elsewhere.

You can bag the club for many things but I think this is a long bow to draw.

Mate to be fair if he has signed for Parramatta, why would Manly be announcing his departure before the club he has signed for (In this case Parra), given he is off contract rather than being released?

You can bag the club for many things but I think this is a long bow to draw.

Warning! Warning! ..... someone is being sensible ...... Warning! Warning!

I think the whole point is that his total is way way way overs...
Regardless of what's on the cap or not, all of the allowances could be given to other players if they weren't given to DCE.
His $1.3m price tag (made up of all components) is the worst long term deal the club has ever put together and attributes too much money of the clubs cap position to any one player let alone an underperforming one.

I hope they have learnt from their mistakes...
I reckon the deal they gave Mr Plod was the worst.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10