Shaun Lane

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Lane is average at best. Few good games, then a bunch of garbage games full of his favourite tackling style called "the half arsed shirt grab"

Nothing against the kid, but eels got 2 spoons in a row by using this exact tactic, paying well above overs for a very average player...
Good luck Mr lane

To be fair, Parra have twice as much to spend as we do.
The cap and then the bag.

If his career follows the same trajectory as the previous defectors, Foz and Bochoc, he's in for are bright future.

Parra.........ending careers since 1986.
unfortunately Gutho has gone alright there ... he deserves to wear the maroon & white again...@:cool:

I think the whole point is that his total is way way way overs...
Regardless of what's on the cap or not, all of the allowances could be given to other players if they weren't given to DCE.
His $1.3m price tag (made up of all components) is the worst long term deal the club has ever put together and attributes too much money of the clubs cap position to any one player let alone an underperforming one.

I hope they have learnt from their mistakes...
A team can only have one marquee player mate. It cant go to anyone ekse.

Has anyone seen much of Tom Amone? He looks like he has been one our best at Blacktown the past few weeks and could be a possible replacement for Lane (if he has not already signed elsewhere)

Once Shaun Lane leaves, then and only then James Hassen can fill his spot in the Manly pack.....
So favoured long time whipping boy and Irish International James Hasson to replace the Exit Lane now if we can just coax Chris Bailey out of retirement to take over from Hodgko our slide will be complete

2019....Parra have Tim Mannah, Junior Paulo, Kane Evans, Daniel Alvaro, Shaun Lane, Ma'u Manu, Tepai Moeroa, Nathan Brown, Beau Scott (?), Brad Takairangi, Tony Williams. And Taupau if the rumors are true and become a reality.
Off contract 2018....David Gower, Siosaia Vave, Peni Terepo & Suaia Matagi

Why would Manly do a straight swap between a front row and a 5/8 when we're losing 'big men' by the day. No Lussick, no Lane, Lloyd could be going. Manly need to swap Martin (if it has to come to that) with another forward. Suaia Matagi and Peni Terepo would be best out of the 'off contract' bunch....two for one I say.

It seems that Lane is mates with Jacko Hastings. He, Jetski, and Lussick 'like' just about every social media post from The Exile Within. I wonder if the playing group really is divided and the club has decided to cut out the whole of Team Hastings?

Let's not forget that the interchange is possibly going to lower to 6. If that is the case, then we need to plan for forwards that can play big metres.

Lane had potential, but not paying parra money for him.

He has effectively taken a compensation deal to see out his career, as he wont have a playing career after they finish with him.

It seems that Lane is mates with Jacko Hastings. He, Jetski, and Lussick 'like' just about every social media post from The Exile Within. I wonder if the playing group really is divided and the club has decided to cut out the whole of Team Hastings?
If that's the case then Lane should exit pre June 30.:cool:

He may want to clarify his professional goals as well or he'll be a nomad like Finch :nod:

If Parra want to flick Norman, why don't they take Jacko :rolleyes:

Lane is average at best. Few good games, then a bunch of garbage games full of his favourite tackling style called "the half arsed shirt grab"

Nothing against the kid, but eels got 2 spoons in a row by using this exact tactic, paying well above overs for a very average player...
Good luck Mr lane
Must say im not overly concerned about his departure . More concerned who we are bringing in next season.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10