Should Mat Johns be stood down from the footy show?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ssar link said:
Geez, what a storm in a teacup.

As long as it was all consentual, respectful, safe & enjoyable for all parties (which is entirely likely in this case, at least during the early stages of the encounter) it's something that the majority of humans dream about and would love to do, at least in some form.

Millions of girls are so scantily-clad, done up, and flashing their eyelids at the opposite sex all 'round the world every day a lot of guys will simply be taking the bait / giving them the attention they seem to be after.

Sounds like she was up for it, she knew the implications.
Deal with it, and brag to your girlfriends about it forever.
But no, let's hype up the media & whinge.

You dream have having sex with a 19 year old, while your team-mates are watching, probably doing things with their own bodies around you?

I wonder how clean everyone else backgrounds are, whilst they gallop around the show ring on their high horses.

I can categorically state I've never rooted a girl oblivious to 12 of my mates jerking off around me. 

Matabele link said:
I can categorically state I've never rooted a girl oblivious to 12 of my mates jerking off around me. 

I didnt mean this specific example, and we dont know the exact circumstances.

What I find interesting is Johns' assertion in the interview on ACA that he did not know the fellows were in the room.

Yet he is also on record as apologising to the girl for the mates in the room. 

Oops.

from news.com:

MATTHEW Johns' glamorous career is officially in tatters after the NRL last night sacked him as the face of their membership drive for 2010.

Can't be bothered posting the rest of the article.

You know what just hit me - this all happened in the lead up to heritage round... CELEBRATE THE PAST!!

:-\

Matabele link said:

Only because you had finished the business before they had time to undo their flys.   ;D

John's cheated on his wife so he gets what he deserves.  It is a pity his brother got off scott free because everyone in newcastle knew what he was doing.  His club knew and therefore the NRL would have know as well.

Gallop kept it quiet and other players have seen this as the green light.  As usual Gallop is responsible for this mess and he should resign.

NRL Player defends Mathew Johns

http://livenews.com.au/feature/nrl-player-defends-matthew-johns-group-sex/2009/5/14/206499

Perhaps this "Chris" should not have said so much...

I just find it funny how many people defended Brett for something that he has been charged and is going to court for, yet this we all find reprehensible and want Matty Johns blood.

Hypocritical much?

Dan link said:
I just find it funny how many people defended Brett for something that he has been charged and is going to court for, yet this we all find reprehensible and want Matty Johns blood.

Hypocritical much?

The difference is that brett didn't do anything and has been charged based solely on the girls statement whereas John's has admitted commiting adultery and therefore deserves everything he gets. 

If he committed adultery in Dubai he would have been executed 7 years ago.

tookey link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180326.msg222755#msg222755 date=1242274492]

Hypocritical much?

The difference is that brett didn't do anything and has been charged based solely on the girls statement whereas John's has admitted commiting adultery and therefore deserves everything he gets. 

[/quote]

Precisely.  He was also quick to judge and pronounce on other players deeds when he had this skeleton in his own closet and his brother was a druggie.  That's why I've taken such great delight in seeing him levelled.  People in glass houses ......

Im not trying to have a go at brett but surely you guys can see the hypocrisy. Like it or not Adultery is common place and not really that big-a-deal

Dan's point is correct

People are on here deploring the 1 sided, Media hatchett job that Stewart was subjected too, but are cheering on exactly the same actions that are being applied to Johns now

Lets say Brett gets found not guilty, in 5 years time the ABC secure this girl to do a tell all show about the dirty deeds of Brett Stewart, will you all be so happy then ?

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Dan's point in correct

People are on here deploring the 1 sided, Media hatchett job that Stewart was subjected too, but are cheering on exactly the same actions that are being applied to Johns now

Lets say Brett gets found not guilty, in 5 years time the ABC secure this girl to do a tell all show about the dirty deeds of Brett Stewart, will you all be so happy then ?

it's an uncomfortable feeling agreeing isnt it :)

haha

But exactly right. In the one hand we hate the media for what they have done to brett but as soon as its someone else we are queuing up to put Johns down.

Fair go guys.

Exactly Kiwi.

At the end of the day, Johns case didn't warrant being charged or arrested.

All that we can have ago at is his morality, which is just as much a whole social issue and not just one confined to the Sharks or NRL. It happed 7 years ago, and four corners have just gone on a fishing expedition. They could easily do an expose on violence in the NRL next week, and bring up cases of Matai and Watmough...

Also, if I hear one more person that says imagine it is your daughter or sister, I will give them a good slapping.

Dan link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=180326.msg222770#msg222770 date=1242278999]
Dan's point in correct

it's an uncomfortable feeling agreeing isnt it :)

haha

But exactly right. In the one hand we hate the media for what they have done to brett but as soon as its someone else we are queuing up to put Johns down.

Fair go guys.
[/quote]

LOL, we have agreed many times, just not much lately

Imagine it's your sister or daughter Cliffy.  Mathew John's wife is very attractive so just why the idiot would want to go spoil that just points to where his intelligence is.  It's all in his dick.  

DSM5 link said:
Imagine it's your sister or daughter Cliffy.  Mathew John's wife is very attractive so just why the idiot would want to go spoil that just points to where his intelligence is.  It's all in his dick.  

My sister or daughter would, not in lightyears, go back to a room to have sex with a 30 year plus Johns, Firman etc.

Don't forget, Four Corners went to her, not the other way around. If they didn't go digging, none of this would be known.

Pity you don't keep your views similar to Stewarts situation. If he gets off, do you want him sacked for thinking with his dick?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4