Should Mat Johns be stood down from the footy show?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fluffy link said:
if it was a team of brett stewy's lining up you may change your mind based on your prevoius posts
Just one B. Stewy will do and mutual consent between two adults, then I'd be screaming to the press that I loved it.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
No, the loss at Indoor Cricket tonight has driven the stake through my heart mate

beng a kiwi i am surprised either team won

Dan link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=180326.msg222834#msg222834 date=1242291621]

No, the loss at Indoor Cricket tonight has driven the stake through my heart mate

beng a kiwi i am surprised either team won
[/quote] The opposition were a team of Indian tourists.

LOL, We are the only mixed side in a Mens Grade, and lost 117-114. Myself and Mel needed 8 to win and couldn't seal the deal, however, I shall blame it on the Yarpie, even though he is our best player

Kiwi Eagle link said:
LOL, We are the only mixed side in a Mens Grade, and lost 117-114. Myself and Mel needed 8 to win and couldn't seal the deal, however, I shall blame it on the Yarpie, even though he is our best player
Sounds like a nail-biter Kiwi, and I think it's a great idea to be in a mixed team with your partners because if you get randy post-match, problem solved.

niccipops link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=180326.msg222843#msg222843 date=1242292421]
Sounds like a nail-biter Kiwi, and I think it's a great idea to be in a mixed team with your partners because if you get randy post-match, problem solved.
[/quote]

being in a mixed oz tag team with my mrs was possibly one of the least good ideas I have had. I'm bossy on the sporting field

niccipops link said:
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=180326.msg222821#msg222821 date=1242290252]
if it was a team of brett stewy's lining up you may change your mind based on your prevoius posts
Just one B. Stewy will do and mutual consent between two adults, then I'd be screaming to the press that I loved it.

[/quote]

well from all accounts no one has said it was not mutual and i think that is something that a lot of people are missing here.

i speak from someone with some very close friends involved in similar acts on either side with variying outsomes from pack rape to bring the next guy on im still keen.

Dan link said:
[quote author=niccipops link=topic=180326.msg222848#msg222848 date=1242293306]
[/quote]

being in a mixed oz tag team with my mrs was possibly one of the least good ideas I have had. I'm bossy on the sporting field
[/quote]

i played a charity soccer match last friday (still sore too) having not played for 11 years.

As a former 13 year fullback i was the bossiest bloke on the field, some things just happen.

PS we raised $11,850 for the local SES so it was a great day

DSM5 link said:
I think that a juicy sex scandal is great for the game Nicci.  Look at the heat it's generated on this site.  People are talking about the League, it's in the news and that's gotta be good for the game.  Rugby League has thrived on scandal.  It's the working man's game and it should remain down there in the mire and ordinariness and squalor where we all spend our time.  Those who wish to clean it up, sanitize it, pull it out of the trough are delusional and just plain wrong.  Look at the roots of the sport.  It's tough, sleazy, hard, sexual, passionate, yet spiritual, skillful and artistic.  Crowds won't be down because of the speed bump that was Mathew Johns.  All this adds colour to our dour lives, and we all love it, and are drawn to it, like moths to a light...Events like this just add glitter, to the days of our lives.            
I can't believe anyone else didn't pick this up. The bit in bold is the very problem = too many people are!!!!

Dan link said:
[quote author=niccipops link=topic=180326.msg222848#msg222848 date=1242293306]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Luckily these girls aren't my Mrs mate, but am considering working my magic on 1 of them :p

Dan link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=180326.msg222791#msg222791 date=1242284680]
Sure, that's what I'm saying.  Johns should go and Brett should stay.  What's your problem?  To play football one doesn't need to be a 'cleanskin', unless one wants to play in England.

To front a TV show? Evidently the owners of the station require that.  Funny isn't it.  Who cares about Johns?  I certainly don't.  I'd like to pork his wife though.  

He was just a footballer when this happened.

And what about say Andrew Okeife

tookey link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180326.msg222769#msg222769 date=1242278815]
Im not trying to have a go at brett but surely you guys can see the hypocrisy. Like it or not Adultery is common place and not really that big-a-deal

So your better half would think that it was not a big deal if you were rooting 19 year old girls every night?    
[/quote]

And what you are saying is that no other personality on television has ever committed adultery?

That's a pretty big call.

Isn't Matthew Newton still on television, after his assault on Brooke Satchwell.

Surely you can not pull the morality card in all this.

His wife and him have obviously dealt with all of this privately and together, she has forgiven him, the police say there is nothing to answer for yet he loses all he has and puts his families well being and security in danger because of a mistake when he was a kid.

Surely you went away with a football team when you were youner, hell even at school, and you can not tell me that you didnt get up to no good, no matter what that may have been
[/quote]

It wasn't a personality who said that adultery is no big deal.  You did. 

He wasn't a kid when he rooted her he was 31 and married.  Surely at 31 he would have enough sense to know better?  He is just like footballers who think that they can do anything and get away with it.  He is now sorry because it has been brought up all over again by the media. 

Doing things at school and with the football team was different because I wasn't married then John's was.  If John's had been 21 then I could understand it. 

Being in the media is like being a politician.  If you have skeletons in your closet they are going to come out sooner or later particularly if you have upset someone. 

John Brogden suffered a similar situation.  John's should just get another job and get on with life.

yeah she played ok, but the problem is I would get into her if she missed a tag or something. I tried encouraging her but she didnt get the iidea of what happens on the field stays on the field

So 10 years younger or not married and its ok

getting a very fine line here.

Anyone who lived with the misses prior to marriage or did anything more than holding hands shout voluntarily take the same fate, quit you hypocrits and show your integrity

Most blokes would be single at 21 and probably not in a serious relationship.  If John's was 21 and single and had a  consensual root with a bird on a football trip then it wouldn't be an issue.

But they way it has been portrayed with this bird and 12 other blokes groping etc then that is not good.  Then again I am sure there are quite a few blokes who have come accross a nymphomaniac in their time.   

Then again Channel 9 and the NRL would have known about the indcident so I don't understand why they are taking issue with John's now just because it has been on 4 corners. 

I suppose at least his wife can be thankful that he wasn't a kiddy fiddler teacher from Knox.

tookey link said:
I suppose at least his wife can be thankful that he wasn't a kiddy fiddler teacher from Knox.

The best point put forward in all of this

if anyone can justify why the extreme disproportinal reporting in these matters is warranted i would love to hear it

All righty rightly or wrongly I'll ask this question?

Why is it so socially unacceptable that a female could willingly participate in group sex?

Females drink to excess
Females have one night stands
Females have glassed other women
Females have violently bullied other females
Females have committed murder

Why is there no responsibility for a females role in this?

Maybe that is why the young lady & 4 Corners, in this Cronulla incident chose that avenue - that there were questions as to consent...as society won't accept a willing participant.. Just a thought?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7