[Resurrected] Show Hasler respect, Arko tells Manly fans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I remember after the GF last year at Brookie oval before the boys went onto the leagues club and des was walking around smiling and shaking everyones hand and cheering with us. Everyone was chanting we love you des, dont go.

Two days later he is gone. The fact is that he stood there and shook our hands and played on like everything was fine. Des was deceitful and dragged the club down when it was at its peak. Even if you still respect his achievements for the club, you have to begrudge his classless actions in leaving.

Poor form Des. You sullied and tarnished all the good memories you made at this club.

lovefooty said:
PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Lovefooty no need to mention the word greeks just call him peter peters,20% of manly supporters are of greek descent.

Sorry, If I was a Greek I would take offence at him (peters )being one as well.
I will just call him Zorba.

I think u may be both wrong , he is Cypriot .

Phantar said:
Greenberg's right though, Hasler didn't want to go. Hasler wouldn't have negotiated for weeks/months with the Bulldogs, if his preference wasn't really to stay at Manly.

Did Hasler have only a few days or months remaining on his contract? Errrr no he had 18 months!!! If he wanted to stay he would have put off negotiations until 2012.

We will take Arko's sentiments on board as much as the Son of Sam did when he promised Arko not to poach any Manly Players:cool:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/haslers-poaching-promise-put-to-test/story-fnca0von-1226337476154

Does anyone else notice how precious these ex Employees of Manly get when none of them actually pay to attend the Games that we the Fans do:dodgy:

B2B in 2012 is all that matters :p

I disagree with Arko on this occassion but his motive might be to protect Manly and the fans from more media bagging. If people act like absolute feral dickheads this would certainly create negative press. On the other hand emphatic booing and sarcastic posters are well deserved.
Des gave us two premierships but he ruined one of them.
As for Greendick and his Des didn't want to leave Manly rubbish - punch yourself in your smug face Todd.

The most sensible thing I have read coming out of Belmore is this quote from James Graham:-

"I'm not too sure (if Manly fans hate Hasler). They're entitled to their opinions. I'm not privy to all the facts, so who am I to talk about it?"

Hasler would have be VERY naive as a coach to think that signing with the Bulldogs 18 months prior to his departure, would not have made his position very toxic at Manly.

Yeah, fans will give the dog the same respect he gave to his loyal supporters, which was ZERO.

He ain't gonna get any respect from me and from tens of thousands of Sea Eagles supporters. "F Him" and his little dog wagon he rolled in on.

I truly believe the following strategy would be the most amazing and effective one in terms of how to deal with Des on Friday...

1. Absolute respect for the years of service he has given the club. In practical terms, polite genuine applause when and if his name is formally announced at any time at the ground.

2. Zero reaction to whatever actions Des has done that people feel aggrieved by. This means no booing, no signs that denigrate or put Des down, etc...

Now, I say this not because I think Des is some God, or that I think any Manly fan is wrong to feel hurt and angry over some of Des' decisions and behavior. I say this because the above will ensure Des and the doggies have zero energy to motivate and feed off. It will cut out Des' tactic of using such anger and hatred to build a siege mentality and get his doggies fired up.

Furthermore, it just shows class and integrity, which I would love this great club to be reknown and admired for. At the end of the day, Des needs to live with his own actions and decisions. Getting angry with him just causes harm to ourselves (in a very real physiological sense). I'm somewhat an idealist but I would love to see it let go... leave people to live with their own stuff and get on with cheering our great team, focusing on all the positive things we are.

Let's not be the naive shallow mob of Julius Caesar, like putty in the hands of Mark Anthony...

GO MANLY!

HK_Eagle said:
I truly believe the following strategy would be the most amazing and effective one in terms of how to deal with Des on Friday...

1. Absolute respect for the years of service he has given the club. In practical terms, polite genuine applause when and if his name is formally announced at any time at the ground.

2. Zero reaction to whatever actions Des has done that people feel aggrieved by. This means no booing, no signs that denigrate or put Des down, etc...

Now, I say this not because I think Des is some God, or that I think any Manly fan is wrong to feel hurt and angry over some of Des' decisions and behavior. I say this because the above will ensure Des and the doggies have zero energy to motivate and feed off. It will cut out Des' tactic of using such anger and hatred to build a siege mentality and get his doggies fired up.

Furthermore, it just shows class and integrity, which I would love this great club to be reknown and admired for. At the end of the day, Des needs to live with his own actions and decisions. Getting angry with him just causes harm to ourselves (in a very real physiological sense). I'm somewhat an idealist but I would love to see it let go... leave people to live with their own stuff and get on with cheering our great team, focusing on all the positive things we are.

Let's not be the naive shallow mob of Julius Caesar, like putty in the hands of Mark Anthony...

GO MANLY!

To hell with that.

Cameron said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
f**k off Greenburg you grub

You nailed it my kiwi brother

Greenberg is a filthy grub. This world would be a significantly better place of Greenberg wasn't here.

no it wouldnt dont forget your still playing with a des made team see how well your coach will go when he has to rebuild ,got a few spoons coming your way

Ditto my Pontian cousin! Ok, blame us for the European economic crisis but please don't hate us because of zorba!

And by the way, piss off back to the kennell top dog and associates. You can discuss your plethora of spoons over there. And by the way, you havn't won anything yet!

true mate, just a bit of a fun before the game not going out of my way to offend but ill be back if we lose to cop it, its only fair

The Greek fool zorba as said on the sportal podcast that anyone who boos des is an idiot.

He reckons des had no choice in leaving.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6