Silvertails 2014 website Survey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan said:
Technical Coach said:
Done but don't trust Apps in general so avoid using them.

Wait like apps on your phone? You don't trust them?
hmm this one will be developed by a 3rd party for a fee and will require me to have license for the Play and iTunes stores

Apps and privacy don't exist.

Yes any Apps on phones, tablets and in a different form Adware/Shareware programs on computers.

Technical Coach said:
Dan said:
Technical Coach said:

hmm this one will be developed by a 3rd party for a fee and will require me to have license for the Play and iTunes stores

Yes any Apps on phones, tablets and in a different form Adware/Shareware programs on computers.

Interesting, the perception of privacy is different to information actually gathered. In fact the app I am looking at will have to ask for permissions that seem odd, but the only information gathered is usage, nothing else. But fair enough each to their own I guess

Done too except I have no idea on the price of apps so I left that question's answer blank. :s

Dan said:
Technical Coach said:
Dan said:
Technical Coach said:

Interesting, the perception of privacy is different to information actually gathered. In fact the app I am looking at will have to ask for permissions that seem odd, but the only information gathered is usage, nothing else. But fair enough each to their own I guess

They all ask for permissions knowing the user will say yes otherwise they can't use the App as intended.

Just the same as people never reading the small print, I'm so surprised people are so willing to give away privacy all for a little convenience and fun.

They all just track "Usage" and to offer a more "Tailored" personal experience but people under-estimate the power of Metadata.

Getting off track just a personal gripe I have and why I will never use facebook or social media.

Each to their own....

All done and thanks very much Dan. All your efforts in maintaining the Silvertails are much appreciated.

Technical Coach said:
Dan said:
Technical Coach said:
Dan said:
Technical Coach said:

They all ask for permissions knowing the user will say yes otherwise they can't use the App as intended.

Just the same as people never reading the small print, I'm so surprised people are so willing to give away privacy all for a little convenience and fun.

They all just track "Usage" and to offer a more "Tailored" personal experience but people under-estimate the power of Metadata.

Getting off track just a personal gripe I have and why I will never use facebook or social media.

Each to their own....

Is that you George Brandis?

Love this site and willing to pay to use it.

On a lighter note, how secure is our metadata? ASIO may be interested in tracking my true hatred of the vermin, Shame Hayne and the NRL administration.

Dan, will you need to hand over records of our metadata? Is metadata the same thing as entering the IP address into any browser to check on my league hatred?

If my hatred is deemed to be security issue, will I lose my passport next time I take an overseas holiday?

Do I need to take care with what I post after the vermin win on Sunday?

Hey Dan,

One thing I forgot to add as a suggestion would be a contract thread (or sticky) where all the confirmed contract info could be held i.e. We all know next year there will be plenty of threads along the lines off "how long have signed up Tom T?" etc

No rumours just the confirmed signings

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4