SKY SPORTS RADIO WITH ZORBA

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Indian said:
Geez you sound like a happy little fellow - I think you have missed the point in pretty much each instance. But I reckon you probably hear that a lot right ??

Read your post - doesn't it sound like the usual I'm not racist but!!!!!

If you have an opinion then state it and we'll all listen. Sniping from the "50 meter line" at one side generally means you are the one with an agenda.

The most heartening thing I heard this morning was Zorba, when asked which players he thought may go, particularly of the ones with a get-out clause, saying he didn't think any of them will as they have such a close bond on and off the field. I thought Zorba answered very candidly but we shall see how close they are.

Beware of Greeks bearing Gifts :p

New Independent Board is what is needed. Not people with axes to grind.
The ticket should be what they can do for Manly and not what scores that they could settle with their votes IMO.

Food for thought for everyone: If Zorba's ticket were to win the FC seats on the board that would give the Penn faction 5 votes to 2. Would that be all we need to stabilise the club? Or does the structure of the Sea Eagles Board need to change?

I think that's the thing the people who are anti zorba needs to realize that he is tight with the playing group so it should mend relations between board and players. The other thing Is he is close with the penns this bringing unity to the board.

The other thing to keep in mind is that if the football club board is outed bob Reilly may still be on the board because he could replace Peter spray as the lc representative.

Jono said:
Food for thought for everyone: If Zorba's ticket were to win the FC seats on the board that would give the Penn faction 5 votes to 2. Would that be all we need to stabilise the club? Or does the structure of the Sea Eagles Board need to change?
6-1 Jono if Penn and quantum are on the same page

If Zorba is prepared to run for the board this will go along way for me being happy with him again.

To be honest i dont see how the club can survive without him being on the board and the Penns having a majority vote.

Its funny how the constitution was put in place with a heavy vote from the football club because we were worried that the owners would try to move the club to central coast, we didnt realise those same idiots who claim to represent the fans wishes and work on our behalf are actually doing anything but. After calming down on this incident i will be happy if Zorba gets a place on the board and obtains the majority vote for the penns etc. I also hope Des is going without taking all the staff with him, I hope most of them are on seperate contracts with us that arent in sync with Des. Toovey takes over. Then i will feel better. But if Des takes everyone and the board stays the same, i think penn will do a runner and we will be a pile of ****.

This is the part that is annoying to me. I respect the Penns and Qantum - they are the ones footing the bills. If they could come out with a clear statement of what would be a good solution for them to get the club functioning then I would definitely listen and vote accordingly.

If we are paid members of Manly like i have been for the past 3 seasons does that mean i can vote in regards to footy club or is that a different membership like the leagues club?????

While I think a change I'm board will be too late too keep DES it would go along way to helping us keep him in 2012 and go back 2 back

conanu said:
If we are paid members of Manly like i have been for the past 3 seasons does that mean i can vote in regards to footy club or is that a different membership like the leagues club?????

Unfortunately you have to be a member of the Football Club. This is separate to the Leagues Club and the Sea Eagles. Membership to the games is membership to the Sea Eagles, not the Football Club.

Geez, if Dean Ritchie says it, them it must be done. Joke. Zorba does not have my support. He's to old, to aligned and to into mischief making to be constructive. Give him a job as player liason or something. He walked away from the launch by his own admission and left the players to wander away by themselves. Irresponsible from an official of the club.

The irony of this is people who want Reilly outed because 3 votes is too many want Zorba in which gives 4 votes to the Penns.

Please run a rebel ticket but not one that is aligned to any of the other existing partners or who knows what will happen.

Fluffy said:
The irony of this is people who want Reilly outed because 3 votes is too many want Zorba in which gives 4 votes to the Penns.

Please run a rebel ticket but not one that is aligned to any of the other existing partners or who knows what will happen.
No prob with that at all Penn has put more money than footy club or leagues club.

Fluffy said:

Thats the way I am thinking Fluffy, I'm not aligned to either faction but understand that their differences have caused the damage.

For the love of the club and colours they both need to walk away.

And for the record seeing the Penn faction having control wouldn't be good for the club either. Both Penn and Zorba should have been in Des ear and telling him to stick around (maybve they did maybe they didn't - this we will nover know).

Jono do you know how long you need to have been a member of the football club before you can vote? I did the upgrade with my 2011 seaeagles membership to be a football club member as well. I did this about 12 months ago. If you or someone else could help with this question, it would be great .

I think it's only 12months that's what an email with the consititution vidmar sent me in 09 said.

Constitution changed afaik mate. I'd check on it but it Has changed a few times recently

Ha ha ha what a difference a few weeks make,most of you were asking the question what's a dinasour like him doing at the club & that he should go.

Bloody hypocrites some of you people are on here.

It's 3 years as of 31st December 2009. Anyone that signed up after 31st December 2007 has to wait 3 years to vote.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2