Slaters latest kick.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How many weeks will Slater get?

• 0 weeks

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • 1 week

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • 2 weeks

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • 3 weeks plus

Votes: 17 29.8%

• Total voters
Slater will get a week because he took the early plea last week. He shouldn't get anything because he was going for the ball and Klemmer ran into his foot.

Jono said:
Slater will get a week because he took the early plea last week. He shouldn't get anything because he was going for the ball and Klemmer ran into his foot.

Case was dropped Jono: nothing wrong with it apparently!

Monday at the NRL Judiciary.......

Slater kicks guy in face.

Q: Is slater an nrl 'superstar'?
A: Yes

Outcome: Zero weeks.

The fact that Melbourne got a penalty after he kicked some dog in the face tells us all we need to know.

As I've said in another thread, and I am sure by many on here....he does this deliberately time and time again. It is a dangerous grubby tactic that the nrl refuse to act on.

I would love one of our guys to go in under his leg and drive him up and into the ground.

Look at this crap below today. Seems to be arguing that a fullback should not even have to face the threat of a near tackler. Der? Isn't that the defence's role? To try and make the catcher feel the threat so he fumbles?

Which brings us to Billy Slater's boot, which had everyone in a lather following Thursday night's match against the Bulldogs, during which the Melbourne fullback was penalised and placed on report for an alleged kick. It was another potentially dangerous situation, but there's a difference. Had Bulldogs front-rower David Klemmer not attempted a tackle on Slater, neither player would have been placed in a dangerous position. Slater should be warned about stretching his leg out so dramatically as he leaps in future, and he should attempt to change his technique - which was probably honed because of the prospect of being tackled while in the air - but it was still instinctive, and understandable. A player was about to attack him when he was vulnerable, and, with his hands holding the football - assuming it was deliberate (and that is by no means certain) he thrust out the only defence available. Those who have criticised Slater might try having their legs taken from under them while a few feet in the air before doing so again.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/panel-in-a-bind-as-hit-highlights-grey-areas-20130324-2go1v.html#ixzz2OUdXcyiX

So instinctive and understandable? Never saw Graham Eadie ever resort to leading with his boot while taking a catch. All those fullbacks over all those decades of league who were allowed to be tackled in the air & this is the first one to try to protect himself with studs up & the NRL & many media jocks have let it pass as natural and understandable?

I thought Bellamys display towards the media after the game was typically him. Reminded me of his "no fault: rants at the time of the storms salary cap rorting & contractual dishonesty.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8