Smith defenders

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why do we seem to be foc
How was Smith to know at the time? He is no doctor, did you see him go over to the doctor and clarify anything? Sure he could of been a little more circumspect and found out more, but in the heat of the battle this would of happened countless times. The only difference is that a much worse outcome eventuated with Alex. I beleive that Smith did clap him off when he was stretchered.

What I will say is extremeley disappointing is the fact Smith didnt contact Alex after the game. He will need to deal with that decision.
Smith is an ornament to the game off the field and will go down as the greatest hooker of all time. Time for you all to get over trying to degrade this outstanding individual.

Smith is a good hooker but Max Krilich is still the greatest rake the game has seen, and yes Smith certainly is an ornament of the game, he did come to light during the Storm cheating saga with "oh I didn't know I signed two contracts"

How was Smith to know at the time? He is no doctor, did you see him go over to the doctor and clarify anything? Sure he could of been a little more circumspect and found out more, but in the heat of the battle this would of happened countless times. The only difference is that a much worse outcome eventuated with Alex. I beleive that Smith did clap him off when he was stretchered.

What I will say is extremeley disappointing is the fact Smith didnt contact Alex after the game. He will need to deal with that decision.
Smith is an ornament to the game off the field and will go down as the greatest hooker of all time. Time for you all to get over trying to degrade this outstanding individual.
I was watching the game live with a few mates. It was clear to everyone in my living room within about 20 seconds that this was pretty serious and yet smith still went on with it. Everyone on the field seemed to understand the seriousness of the situation and still he went on with it. His behaviour was utterly disgraceful.

Oh and I am not medically qualified either, but it was still focking obvious.

Yes, yes i am.
It just seems that you think people are only anti Smith now when they always have been and this is just a good opportunity to lay the boot into the dog.

I don't think that. I do think the Smith haters feel justified to lay the boot into the dog because of a story that should have been good but turned nothing more than a grab for ratings and ultimately dollars..

It's cool you have a different opinion, I don't think it's right though

The problem with this opinion & that of others like it is that it automatically assumes that being a good footballer also makes you a decent human being. That is not the case in this instance.
How does my opinion automatically link a good footballer as a decent human being?

How does my opinion automatically link a good footballer as a decent human being?
TC I don't want an argument, but you said:
"people using a tragic situation to fuel the already tribal hatred towards a player to even greater heights bordering on to the point of a pack entertainment mentality, that in itself is pathetic."

Implicit in that statement is that criticism of smith is not based on his human qualities, rather on his footballing allegiance. You can only come to that conclusion if you believe him to be a decent Human being otherwise the criticism leveled against him is valid, regardless of what you suspect may be the motive of the criticiser. You can't read minds and you can't have it both ways.

TC I don't want an argument, but you said:
"people using a tragic situation to fuel the already tribal hatred towards a player to even greater heights bordering on to the point of a pack entertainment mentality, that in itself is pathetic."

Implicit in that statement is that criticism of smith is not based on his human qualities, rather on his footballing allegiance. You can only come to that conclusion if you believe him to be a decent Human being otherwise the criticism leveled against him is valid, regardless of what you suspect may be the motive of the criticiser. You can't read minds and you can't have it both ways.
He is no worse than the average Human Being unless you can prove otherwise.

1) Do I care if he signed two contracts----no----do I care "if for example" the reduced figure is what the ATO receives yes but not enough to not label someone a "decent human being" I would respect them less though.

How many people here in their place of employment or tax circumstances rort the system

2) Grubby on the football field----I'm sure there are many players in the past, present and future who do worse things on the playing field and labelled "white line fever not really in his "make-up" "just his competitive nature"

So other than the above what makes Cameron Smith stand out as not being a "decent human being"?

It's one thing to legally take advantage of loopholes in the tax system to provide maximum benefit to yourself or your business.

It is, however, completely another thing to sign multiple contracts for different amounts, completely against the rules of your employment, and hide them from the governing body. Then deny all knowledge.

Directors of Companies face prosecution if caught keeping two sets of books.

Decent humans do not lie outright and cheat the system.

I couldn't care less about his win at all costs attitude on the field. He is a professional sportsman and he plays to win. Ethics and Sportmanship get left in the dressing rooms with Smith. If he can look at himself in the mirror, after what the Storm have blessed Rugby League with, then good luck to him.

But he is not a human that I can respect

He is no worse than the average Human Being unless you can prove otherwise.

1) Do I care if he signed two contracts----no----do I care "if for example" the reduced figure is what the ATO receives yes but not enough to not label someone a "decent human being" I would respect them less though.

How many people here in their place of employment or tax circumstances rort the system

2) Grubby on the football field----I'm sure there are many players in the past, present and future who do worse things on the playing field and labelled "white line fever not really in his "make-up" "just his competitive nature"

So other than the above what makes Cameron Smith stand out as not being a "decent human being"?
Apart from some personal experience of his character, which I won't go into, there is more than enough evidence in the public domain to form a clear picture of his character. That's not what is in question here, you were the one who said we were judging him on the colour of his jersey, if you take a while to consider this persons actions both on and off the field it's not hard to develop a picture of his character, which led to his behaviour on the night of the incident.

I have no interest in smearing his character. His actions on and off the field are there for all to see. I take exception to the way he behaved on that night and I take exception to my opinion being belittled to that of tribalism.

I consider Ennis and Josh Reynolds two of the grubbiest players in the game. However, off the field they appear to be very decent blokes. On the flip side, and in the interest of balance, some of the NRL's best and fairest could in fact be the biggest pricks in the world off the field. Unless we know them personally, how can we honestly judge them?

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/201...ds-announced-as-camp-quality-ambassadors.html

I don't like Cam for personal reasons. Can't stand the bloke, but that doesn't mean he's a bad person. It just means I don't like him. I'm not sure we should judge blokes and slam them in public based on the role they play for their team on the field and the actions they take when doing their job, (to get the best results for their team under any and all circumstances). More importantly, we shouldn't develop opinions on players based on what the media tells us. The two contract saga is by the by now. He and all the others have paid for that already. If I can forgive Danny Wicks for his past, and I guess I have, I can sure forget about the 2 contracts saga.

I feel deep sorrow for Alex and his family, but the road ahead for him does have its positives. Imagine how the family of James Ackerman feel. I'm sure we are all aware of his story, but here's a link for those that may not be.

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2015/06/22/qld-rugby-player-dies-in-hospital.html

My opinion, and mine alone is, tragedies occur in all sports and league is not immune to them. The feud, as one sided as it seems to be, between Smith and Mckinnon is not worth the effort it requires and Alex should be putting his energies into more positive areas of his life. 60 minutes should feel ashamed to stoop so low for ratings.

No apology necessary.

What this thread shows is people using a tragic situation to fuel the already tribal hatred towards a player to even greater heights bordering on to the point of a pack entertainment mentality, that in itself is pathetic.[/
Apart from some personal experience of his character, which I won't go into, there is more than enough evidence in the public domain to form a clear picture of his character. That's not what is in question here, you were the one who said we were judging him on the colour of his jersey, if you take a while to consider this persons actions both on and off the field it's not hard to develop a picture of his character, which led to his behaviour on the night of the incident.

I have no interest in smearing his character. His actions on and off the field are there for all to see. I take exception to the way he behaved on that night and I take exception to my opinion being belittled to that of tribalism.

Just do what I do and read all TC's posts in a robot voice. They make more sense that way.

I consider Ennis and Josh Reynolds two of the grubbiest players in the game. However, off the field they appear to be very decent blokes. On the flip side, and in the interest of balance, some of the NRL's best and fairest could in fact be the biggest pricks in the world off the field. Unless we know them personally, how can we honestly judge them?

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/201...ds-announced-as-camp-quality-ambassadors.html

I don't like Cam for personal reasons. Can't stand the bloke, but that doesn't mean he's a bad person. It just means I don't like him. I'm not sure we should judge blokes and slam them in public based on the role they play for their team on the field and the actions they take when doing their job, (to get the best results for their team under any and all circumstances). More importantly, we shouldn't develop opinions on players based on what the media tells us. The two contract saga is by the by now. He and all the others have paid for that already. If I can forgive Danny Wicks for his past, and I guess I have, I can sure forget about the 2 contracts saga.

I feel deep sorrow for Alex and his family, but the road ahead for him does have its positives. Imagine how the family of James Ackerman feel. I'm sure we are all aware of his story, but here's a link for those that may not be.

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2015/06/22/qld-rugby-player-dies-in-hospital.html

My opinion, and mine alone is, tragedies occur in all sports and league is not immune to them. The feud, as one sided as it seems to be, between Smith and Mckinnon is not worth the effort it requires and Alex should be putting his energies into more positive areas of his life. 60 minutes should feel ashamed to stoop so low for ratings.

I can forgive Wicks because he admitted his crime and served his time.

Smith and Co. still feel like they were hard done by and consider the stripped premierships as NRL heavy handedness.
They destroyed the comp for more than 3 years, FFS.
They all still play on the one team. That's very unlikely to happen without their cheating.
Their cheating still has advantages for Melbourne to this day.

I consider signing more than one contract on par with drug cheating and if I was running the game anyone found to have signed more than one would have been banned for life.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6