Snake: The BS on BS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah i feel 2011 dramas all over again. Look we have to i dont like using this word rebuild at some stage we have had a superb era 10 finals in a row 4 gfs 2 titles and who knows where this season leads.
Club legends in choc, gifty, snake, killer, ballin, kingy, matai but maybe it is time to look to the future we don 't wont to get caught with our pants down like 1999.
Maybe it is time to blood new kids, no doubt it will take time. Remember when gifty debuted it will take time . Lets build a new team around foz and dce i have no doubt out wide tom t and gutherson have the goods. We will be back a few years competing at bottom end of eight but it wont take long.
My gut tells me this season is the end of the 2003 to present boys and time for toovey to make his own squad.

Mitch said:
I just saw him on Nine news then. Obviously the reporters asked him about the speculation and he simply said "I'm not going to comment on that, I'm here now".

Not what you would call positive.
and he also said nice try buddy,to the reporter as he walked off so Im told,the leeches will try anything to start trouble

The powers to be have made some great decisions over the years but letting Gift go certainly isn't one of them.
Seriously, blind Freddy could see this happening, can't believe they underestimated the effect it would have on the group.
Very disappointing.

winnyason said:
Yeah i feel 2011 dramas all over again.

Good times ahead then.

The way I remember it, we were celebrating being Premiers once again while the rest of the league community was getting super excited about Manly losing a coach and the prospect that maybe sometime in the next year or 2 Manly might lose a few players and this would maybe mean that Manly might possibly have less chance of being a strong team in 2012, 2013 and 2014...

Seriously even Souffs fans I know had the shameless lack of self awareness to be excited about this - after we just WON ANOTHER GRAND FINAL - and I refused to be less excited about a GF win than other fans were getting about possible future results.

The main thing should be the result THIS YEAR and any thoughts about what might happen in the future are infinitely less important (unless you are in the recruitment and retention team, in which case I trust you to get it sorted).

As Sea Eagles fans I think we are generally less interested in star players from other teams coming off contract than fans of other teams (who seem to be obsessed with the soap opera of it all) and we just want to see our boys go well and hope they sll want to stay.

The fact is the club made an official statement saying that no player will be granted an early release. I can't see the club changing there stance on this anytime soon. All the other talk is pure speculation

I'm looking forward to watching Brett finish his career at Manly.

2004 to 2014 is 11 seasons. We've had the best years of both Brett and Glenn. Be grateful for that time. They could have originally signed with St Merge. Their time with us may be drawing to an end. Nothing lasts forever. We hope Snake will be a one club player, but if not, he still deserves our respect in the same way that Bozo, who finished his career at Rorters, gets our respect.

In short i'm glad he has scored the 144 tries for us - and not some other club !

MPC75 said:
The fact is the club made an official statement saying that no player will be granted an early release. I can't see the club changing there stance on this anytime soon. All the other talk is pure speculation

I'm looking forward to watching Brett finish his career at Manly.

but......why are you letting facts get in the way of members much more accurate innuendo and ranting?

Media can't help themselves.
Brett would be rightly disappointed about his brothers news at this moment, as we all are. Give him some space.
Brett is maroon and white. Common sense will prevail.

The debate should be is Eadie or Stewart, our best ever fullback.
One day the media will grow up (actually I'll take that back)

I hope he gets eight hundred a year and plays the next three years at the dogs. He is in my top five manly players and has done remarkably well to maintain such an outstanding career with injury and the crap that came along in 09. If he had been fit to play after 08 in the World Cup he was the first choice fullback and who knows where he would have gone from there. I don't know who said it but it was someone on this site I am sure - Brett Stewart makes the spectacular look simple whilst Billy Slater makes the simple look spectacular. Grab a good pay day for the next few years mate your service here will never be forgotten.

Top End Eagle said:
I hope he gets eight hundred a year and plays the next three years at the dogs. He is in my top five manly players and has done remarkably well to maintain such an outstanding career with injury and the crap that came along in 09. If he had been fit to play after 08 in the World Cup he was the first choice fullback and who knows where he would have gone from there. I don't know who said it but it was someone on this site I am sure - Brett Stewart makes the spectacular look simple whilst Billy Slater makes the simple look spectacular. Grab a good pay day for the next few years mate your service here will never be forgotten.

That's my quote!

fLIP said:
He can carry on like a child all he likes about his brother,
What on earth?
Seems a few here are overreacting.
Look, I know things look bleak, seeing that we haven't won a comp for 41 years, we are coming last and half our squad just got busted for drug cheating, we've been exposed for massive systematic salary cap rorting and we've had 40 put on us in our last 3 games, but sheesh, get some perspective, there's got to be an upside somewhere.

Have faith in Tooves and Dave Warwick people! These two astute judges know exactly when a player is past his best and cannot contribute to a winning team like they once did in their prime. If Brett does go, a young kid will step up and kill it. If Brett stays, great, he will have a few more years with us then bow out a 1 club champion.

I have the utmost faith in Tooves and Warwick making the right calls regarding our roster. Of course the idea of Snake leaving makes us feel empty and disappointed, but from another perspective Snake's impeccable form cant last forever and its only a matter of 'when'. That said, i hope he realises he wont get the same joy at any other club and stays at Manly.

I think Snake's ties to his brother are admirable. Can you imagine what the poor guy went through with those horrible false allegations? It's every mans worse nightmare to be labelled some of the things Snake was labelled. Family means everything to him because they supported him through such a horrible ordeal. Snake has put his body on the line for the club over 10 seasons now and deserves our respect regardless of what is going on behind the scenes at the club.

What irks me is that Snake had about 2 and a half rubbish years in 09,10 and most of 2011. With all the dramas and the injuries and Manly didnt get rid of him. Even last year he was 1 stride away from doing a hammy and now he has hit a bit of form he is looking for a payday elsewhere?? I reckon the only value we have got out of him since 2008 has been the few games leading up and including the 2011 gf and the same last year. Other than that we have paid overs for him to watch Hoppa and Hiku fill in for him, so i dont feel like we owe him the world.

Snake said:
I think Snake's ties to his brother are admirable. Can you imagine what the poor guy went through with those horrible false allegations? It's every mans worse nightmare to be labelled some of the things Snake was labelled. Family means everything to him because they supported him through such a horrible ordeal. Snake has put his body on the line for the club over 10 seasons now and deserves our respect regardless of what is going on behind the scenes at the club.

You seem to conveniently gloss over the support from the club and fans during that horrible ordeal.

When the Stewarts started out no club wanted them as a package deal, they only wanted Brett. Manly gave them their start and supported them through the tough times including injury and accusations.

I don't know what's going on behind the scenes and I don't know if there is any truth to the rumours, but I do know the ledger between the club and the Stewarts is anything but uneven.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8