Snake wants 2.4 mil from Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lester 12 said:
As a long time fan I'm so incensed with this lack of loyalty from this guy we have stood by thick and thin. Don't get me wrong he has been GREAT for the club but the club has been very loyal to him with his injuries and other trouble which I have no doubt cost the club in sponsor dollars. Brent Read the Australian journo confirmed it on sportsline, this has the capacity to derail our season and he should be sent back 2 nsw cup, I wait for all the excuses now about legal fees and such and I hope he blows his knee out on friday night and never laces on a boot again. I hope his grub of a brother clears out 2 and we can start again without Wollongong grubs
You should be ashamed of yourself mate what a disgraceful post.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/nrl/dragons-in-hunt-to-sign-brett-stewart/story-fn7sfxe7-1226293990612

It seems to make sense if letting Snake go will allow us to keep our other stars like Foran and DCE. Im starting to think it is true tbh. :(

Lester 12 said:
As a long time fan I'm so incensed with this lack of loyalty from this guy we have stood by thick and thin. Don't get me wrong he has been GREAT for the club but the club has been very loyal to him with his injuries and other trouble which I have no doubt cost the club in sponsor dollars. Brent Read the Australian journo confirmed it on sportsline, this has the capacity to derail our season and he should be sent back 2 nsw cup, I wait for all the excuses now about legal fees and such and I hope he blows his knee out on friday night and never laces on a boot again. I hope his grub of a brother clears out 2 and we can start again without Wollongong grubs
What a great first post Lester. Really look forward to your input over the next 10 years.
What we need is more 'genuine fans' like uncle Lester.

winnyason said:
We should be able to keep all three, release kite and matai

Perhaps but im sure 2V will make the right decision if there are other options to keep all 3, though all reports are saying he has already signed with the Goons. I guess we will find out soon enough.

torana355 said:
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/nrl/dragons-in-hunt-to-sign-brett-stewart/story-fn7sfxe7-1226293990612

It seems to make sense if letting Snake go will allow us to keep our other stars like Foran and DCE. Im starting to think it is true tbh. :(
Oh the ****en irony the scumbag who wrote that article is one of the main reasons Brett struggles to get the endorsements the other superstars of the game get.

http://www.news.com.au/news/league-star-too-drunk-to-recall-anything/story-fna7dq6e-1111119083465

The lies in that article and the way c&&ts like that mono browed freak massoud, the bitter **** kent and the drink driver herself bourbon Becky is why we are losing this kid.

He has to go to the highest bidder because the bastards made impossible
For him to make money outside the game.

Don't blame Brett
Don't blame the club
It was these immoral scumbags at the telegraph that have created this.

Cambo said:
torana355 said:

Don't blame Brett
Don't blame the club

Im not blaming anyone im just sad as there may be truth to Brett leaving and infact truth to what you just said. The only positive if he does go is we were going to need a new fullback in the next 4 years either way but DCE and Foran are young and must stay. I really hope its BS.

A few clubs in the SL will be looking for a fb within a year as well.
Warrington and Leeds being the most obvious candidates.

Is it head over heart for club 28 next season http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-facing-brett-stewart-sacrifice-to-keep-star-halves-together/story-fnca0von-1226294052462

torana355 said:
Cambo said:
torana355 said:

Don't blame Brett
Don't blame the club

Im not blaming anyone im just sad as there may be truth to Brett leaving and infact truth to what you just said. The only positive if he does go is we were going to need a new fullback in the next 4 years either way but DCE and Foran are young and must stay. I really hope its BS.
I wasnt having a got at you buddy I only quoted ure post because of the link to Josh Monobrows article.

manlywarringah said:
I'm sure Brett and Glenn's 10 years are up at the end of 2012.

Isn't there a salary cap exemption for them both?

I think it used to be around $100,000.

Anyone know?:-/

it's 100k for the club, not each person. I think King and Choc also get their 10 years next year...........assuming they count the Northern Eagles as the same club (which they don't for Beaver and his games played for 1 club)

Is Moltzen a realistic target if Brett leaves? Because I'm pretty sure that he is off contract for next season.

mmmdl said:
manlywarringah said:
I'm sure Brett and Glenn's 10 years are up at the end of 2012.

Isn't there a salary cap exemption for them both?

I think it used to be around $100,000.

Anyone know?:-/

it's 100k for the club, not each person. I think King and Choc also get their 10 years next year...........assuming they count the Northern Eagles as the same club (which they don't for Beaver and his games played for 1 club)
I was under the impression it was 8 years

I could be pissing in the wind here, but on the assumption that we will also likely lose Gifty the following year, should the club consider a one year offer to Snake (at a lower amount that we may be able to accommodate under the cap) and then let them both go with our blessings in 2014. This is all based on the premise that the brothers have reportedly said that they never want to play against each other.

Could we get away with giving him say 400k for two seasons?
Blood the young bloke(one in the 18s, Tafua will be a centre/winger) in the 20s this year, then a full season in the 20s straight into 1sts by the time Snake's ready to go

Lester 12 said:
Looks like Reggie12 is back with a brand new name. Great finish by the Wabbits last weekend Reg.

Earnie the Eagle said:
Moops said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
StuBoot said:
Weidler said it so I'll take it with a grain of salt but seeing as it's up for discussion I'll put in my two cents worth.
If the "TV deal" goes though then 600K a season will be the norm so probs there.
He's 27 with effectively two years off in that time, look at Mini he's still firing after all his problems so draw a line through that.
Experienced fullbacks are gold.

You make a good point Stu, there are not a lot of great experienced fullbacks around, who would Manly get to replace him?

I think that there is a glut of young fullbacks available. Just off the top of my head: Kyle Stanley, and Gutherson is gonna be good!

I said there are not a lot of GREAT fullbacks around, nothing about young or other fullbacks.

There DO seem to be a glut of VERY GOOD fullbacks around though in my opinion. Slater, Stewart, Bowen, Hayne, Coote, Gordon, Locke, Boyd, Stanley...

IF Snake goes no bitterness here.
For mine he has given his all since day 1 at the Seaeagles & has not snuck around with false promises & underhanded dealings.
Possably in my top 5 Manly players of all time but NO individual - coach or player is bigger than this football club.
In 3 years time we may have the next big thing in the 1 jersey & provided these young halves are still at Brookie we will remain competitive over the next decade.
Time to just enjoy 2012 - plenty done their best to destroy the celebrations of 2011 so lets just focus on the positives happening this season.....:)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8