So ....7 rounds where are we?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We have alot more talent than last year.
Defence wise just soft. I can see around 10 wins may just miss 8.
Plenty of holes in our roster not sure when will be able to fill. In great need of a good 2nd rower.
Our 6 and 9 not long term
Api - plays with great heart, cant pass to save himself. strongest part of his game running from dummy half non existant last 2 games. Defense wise makes alot of tackles but misses alot.
Blake green - not all he cracked up to be defence horrid. A short term gap.
Hastings is long term 6.

We have alot more talent than last year.
Defence wise just soft. I can see around 10 wins may just miss 8.
Plenty of holes in our roster not sure when will be able to fill. In great need of a good 2nd rower.
Our 6 and 9 not long term
Api - plays with great heart, cant pass to save himself. strongest part of his game running from dummy half non existant last 2 games. Defense wise makes alot of tackles but misses alot.
Blake green - not all he cracked up to be defence horrid. A short term gap.
Hastings is long term 6.

I think last year and this is about trying to pick up a few good players cheaply, discarding those that don't work and entering the market big time in 2018 with an increased cap ( yes I know that affects all sides) and the additional cap space after the eventual retirement of Stewart / Matai.

It's still too early in the season to confirm who of the " newbies" will be here in 2018, although I think Kelly / Uate are already safe.

Kelly is a future superstar, a lot to learn but will get better.

And despite dire expectations you just cannot say that Aku has been bad , in fact he's been close to our best week in and week out.

The obvious ones are as safe as Fort Knox, but if you look at our 25 more than half " might" not be around next year.

To me it's still work in progress!

I think last year and this is about trying to pick up a few good players cheaply, discarding those that don't work and entering the market big time in 2018 with an increased cap ( yes I know that affects all sides) and the additional cap space after the eventual retirement of Stewart / Matai.

It's still too early in the season to confirm who of the " newbies" will be here in 2018, although I think Kelly / Uate are already safe.

And despite dire expectations you just cannot say that Aku has been bad , in fact he's been close to our best week in and week out.

The obvious ones are as safe as Fort Knox, but if you look at our 25 more than half " might" not be around next year.

Agree there some good some bad. I hope recruitment learns from mistakes of lewis brown and nate myles contract length

Missed out on Cleary, Hasler never coming back so if " sacking Barrett" is the only way ahead who is the " heir apparent"?

I'm still of the belief that we are in year 2 of a 5 year plan, some of this years Crew will make the cut but some won't.

Not forgetting that unlike any of the other sides we have a 1.4 million penalty on our salary cap, it's a bit like the NRL giving us a -8 point start to the year.

I'm sure Mr Fluffy would be very worried about the bottom line but I'm not sure " sacking the coach" ( with 18 months to pay him out) is going to fix that.
Mark don't forget last year was a complete disaster and we were one of the best 5 or so clubs financially, one of the best from Sydney. So say what you want about "Fluffy" but all things considered they run one of the tightest ships around. This certainly isn't Parra. It's just a matter of getting a consistent product on the field but they probably realise it's also too soon to expect that considering all the turnover along with the team we've assembled.

Based on the performances of the other sides, we are bottom four. We are poorly coached and our squad is littered with over rated and under performing players.
Then go away & support another team if all you can do is bag our coach & players.......posts like yours have become boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Review. (or get a grip)

We have lost to the teams currently 1st and 2nd. (No discredit there)

We have beaten the teams currently 4th, 7th and 8th. (Kudos there)

We have lost to the teams currently 10th and 13th. (not so good)

Tipped 6th to 10th, starting to think 7th or 8th.

Siro Green Brown Lane Myles won't and shouldn't make it. Jury deciding on Cullen Hastings Perrett Lawrence Lussick AFB Winter Taufua Taupau Api Walker Kelly. Staying Turbo x2, DCE (but seriously overpayed),

Next week

Tom Uate Walker Wright Kelly Cullen DCE Jake Winter Lane Taufua Hastings Lussick.

Bench AFB Perrett Api Lawrence
Never happen but should.

Siro Green Brown Lane Myles won't and shouldn't make it. Jury deciding on Cullen Hastings Perrett Lawrence Lussick AFB Winter Taufua Taupau Api Walker Kelly. Staying Turbo x2, DCE (but seriously overpayed),

Next week

Tom Uate Walker Wright Kelly Cullen DCE Jake Winter Lane Taufua Hastings Lussick.

Bench AFB Perrett Api Lawrence
Never happen but should.
Fair summation.

Siro has talent but seems lazy at times, perhaps that can be coached out.

Greens there for 2018, so we have to adapt ( maybe protect him in defence like the Storm did).

The others I'd agree with.

Drop Sironen and Frankenstein, put in Lussick and Lord Perret and we might have a team that can run 8th.

NYEagle
With respect i dont get any of the minor Perret hype here at all. He got nowhere at the Dogs and i watched him with interest yesterday.. he should be charging from the fence onto the pill and using his size to his advantage.. yet all i saw was Tuivasa Shek shimmies and bs before he half wound up and got crunched. He was meant to be our impact line bender..i think the rumours are true...another built like Tarzan plays like Jane myth sadly

Sorry but anyone who is naming Lane in our team has obviously not been watching him in reserves or earlier. He is slow lazy and can't tackle. Worse than anything we have.
If you want to go about naming reserves Billy Bainbridge or Jamil are lightyears ahead of him. When available I'd be picking those 2 ahead of Siro and Winterstein

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7