Someone said something re Hastings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
If you read some of his tweets He does come across as a try hard. I guess the same can be said of some of my posts. But hey I don't give a sh-it I'm not vying for the 5 /8 position.

According to this article Hastings will probably play second half of the Roosters trial..he's still in contention and has had his best pre season. Put on 4kg and wakes up early . He sounds very keen.
Thanks @Spartan Eagle - this article is an interesting insight into how Hastings has turned over a new leaf. It sounds like he's matured and hopefully he'll cement a 1st grade spot in 2018, be it 5/8 or utility.

It sounds like he's matured and hopefully he'll cement a 1st grade spot in 2018, be it 5/8 or utility.
Thanks @Spartan Eagle - this article is an interesting insight into how Hastings has turned over a new leaf. It sounds like he's matured and hopefully he'll cement a 1st grade spot in 2018, be it 5/8 or utility.

I wouldn't get too attached to him if I were you ALinda, if greenturd approves Carney then Hastings is as good as gone.

If you read some of his tweets He does come across as a try hard. I guess the same can be said of some of my posts. But hey I don't give a sh-it I'm not vying for the 5 /8 position.
I must admit that previously I had not made the connection between dubbing yourself ‘Spartan Eagle’ and potentially being a ‘try hard’.

But now all bets are off.:)

Has it struck anyone that Baz has been sheltering Jacko and putting all on the attention on Croker? He didn’t even name Hastings in the side for the Roosters trial but it seems he will play (and damn right he should).

I don't think he will play the first grade trial tonight, he had his opportunity last week and this week is croker, and this article is from hastings perspective not from a coach or a sports reporter!

I don't think he has a great relationship with the senior players in the team and will be playing reserve grade to prove his attitude is better. Actions speak louder then words in this case

I’d like to see Hastings given the utility bench spot instead of brown - there’s more upside to him. But only if he is making the effort. That first article was a bit wanky with him claiming it was tough being in the headlines - there weren’t that many headlines about him and if that was what he perceived as pressure then god help him when he IS under scrutiny. Just keep getting up early and putting in - walk the walk.

@Spartan Eagle

Jackson Hastings is scratching around for some boots.

“I haven’t got a pair of boots at the moment — I have given them away to kids who are less fortunate than me who can’t play footy or come from families that can’t afford them,” the Manly half tells The Weekend Australian.

“I like doing little things like that. I suppose people see me in the field and take me on how I approach playing footy. I am very competitive, wear my heart on my sleeve, and it probably shows some bad traits at times with the way I handle myself in situations.

“Off-field, I am completely different and pretty approachable.”

Hastings would love people to know the real him. Not the bloke they see who occasionally loses his cool, not just with the opposition but also with his teammates.

Not the bloke they hear about, who apparently grates to such an extent that he was squeezed out of the Sydney Roosters and has struggled to fit in at Manly.

He insists the real Jackson Hastings is completely different, just a normal bloke with a few rough edges that he is working on smoothing out.

“It’s just funny,” Hastings said.

“Someone said something one day and the same story gets written a different way. It has never really fazed me. It affects people around me more than me. My little sister has started high school now. There is always a smart arse that will say something to them.

“When it starts affecting your family and people you care about, that’s when you start taking it to heart a bit.”

Hastings has a year remaining on his contract at Manly and opportunity is knocking. Blake Green’s decision to depart for the New Zealand Warriors has created some uncertainty in the Sea Eagles halves, although Lachlan Croker is likely to get first shot at partnering Daly Cherry-Evans when Manly open their season against Newcastle in a fortnight.

Hastings is waiting for an opportunity, at the same time working off the field to ensure his career reaches the giddy heights many tipped when he joined the Roosters in 2014, having spurned offers from St George Illawarra, North Queensland and Newcastle.

He has started seeing someone about controlling his emotions, a move he hopes can help him on and off the field. “There is a lot of deep-seeded stuff you guys and people in the public wouldn’t know about,” he said.

“Don’t get me wrong — I haven’t had it worse than a lot of people. I am actually seeing someone now that is really good and he has helped me out a lot. Hopefully his off-field stuff will help with on-field. Without going into too much detail, it is just about controlling my emotions better. Everyone is wired different and reacts different to different situations.

“I suppose instead of always just jumping to conclusions and thinking the worst, maybe taking a step back and thinking about it in a different way. Instead of just acting on the situation, just thinking about how I can act.

“This bloke has helped me take it in, realise where I am, realise who I am around and what I can and can’t say. That will help me on the field, but it will also help me with that perception off the field, which is something I really want to get rid of.”

@Spartan Eagle

“I haven’t got a pair of boots at the moment — I have given them away to kids who are less fortunate than me who can’t play footy or come from families that can’t afford them,” the Manly half tells The Weekend Australian.

“I like doing little things like that. I suppose people see me in the field and take me on how I approach playing footy. I am very competitive, wear my heart on my sleeve, and it probably shows some bad traits at times with the way I handle myself in situations.

“Off-field, I am completely different and pretty approachable.”

Hastings would love people to know the real him. Not the bloke they see who occasionally loses his cool, not just with the opposition but also with his teammates.

Not the bloke they hear about, who apparently grates to such an extent that he was squeezed out of the Sydney Roosters and has struggled to fit in at Manly.

He insists the real Jackson Hastings is completely different, just a normal bloke with a few rough edges that he is working on smoothing out.

“It’s just funny,” Hastings said.

“Someone said something one day and the same story gets written a different way. It has never really fazed me. It affects people around me more than me. My little sister has started high school now. There is always a smart arse that will say something to them.

“When it starts affecting your family and people you care about, that’s when you start taking it to heart a bit.”

Hastings has a year remaining on his contract at Manly and opportunity is knocking. Blake Green’s decision to depart for the New Zealand Warriors has created some uncertainty in the Sea Eagles halves, although Lachlan Croker is likely to get first shot at partnering Daly Cherry-Evans when Manly open their season against Newcastle in a fortnight.

Hastings is waiting for an opportunity, at the same time working off the field to ensure his career reaches the giddy heights many tipped when he joined the Roosters in 2014, having spurned offers from St George Illawarra, North Queensland and Newcastle.

He has started seeing someone about controlling his emotions, a move he hopes can help him on and off the field. “There is a lot of deep-seeded stuff you guys and people in the public wouldn’t know about,” he said.

“Don’t get me wrong — I haven’t had it worse than a lot of people. I am actually seeing someone now that is really good and he has helped me out a lot. Hopefully his off-field stuff will help with on-field. Without going into too much detail, it is just about controlling my emotions better. Everyone is wired different and reacts different to different situations.

“I suppose instead of always just jumping to conclusions and thinking the worst, maybe taking a step back and thinking about it in a different way. Instead of just acting on the situation, just thinking about how I can act.

“This bloke has helped me take it in, realise where I am, realise who I am around and what I can and can’t say. That will help me on the field, but it will also help me with that perception off the field, which is something I really want to get rid of.”
Thanks for posting. Really mature of him to acknowledge and take ownership of his issues and also doing something about it. Hope things turn around for him. Could be the key to unlocking his potential.

@Spartan Eagle

.”

I have found my old ones ... I am happy to lend them to him ....

old-football-boots.jpg

Has it struck anyone that Baz has been sheltering Jacko and putting all on the attention on Croker? He didn’t even name Hastings in the side for the Roosters trial but it seems he will play (and damn right he should).
Considered it? Sure. But then add that Cullen was preferred over Jacko at the backend of last year. That Croker out performed everyone in the long distance stuff pre-season. I just favour that Croker is in front by a nose right now. It's a long season.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10