Something little - That's Big !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Eels are one of the teams that a lot of the time do a super quick roll ball without getting to their feet to play the ball properly. The referees always let it go, even though the Eels are getting a super quick play the ball advantage from it.

Moses also when kicking jumps in the air, in hope of getting a penalty for being tackled dangerously in the air. He can just as easily do the kick without jumping, or by standing deeper. But at least once every game the referees gift the Eels a penalty for it.

And i've lost count of how many times a game that Gutho forms a t-shape while he cries to the referee asking for a Eels penalty for who knows what.

images

Moses also when kicking jumps in the air, in hope of getting a penalty for being tackled dangerously in the air. He can just as easily do the kick without jumping, or by standing deeper. But at least once every game the referees gift the Eels a penalty for it.

He did it again last night and got 2 crucial points that ultimately won Eels the game. Odd that he was well enough to stay on the field and take the penalty goal attempt.

He did it again last night and got 2 crucial points that ultimately won Eels the game. Odd that he was well enough to stay on the field and take the penalty goal attempt.
If you mean the tackle by Leota it was clearly late and correctly penalised. You don't have to cause an injury to get penalised for a late tackle.

If you mean the tackle by Leota it was clearly late and correctly penalised. You don't have to cause an injury to get penalised for a late tackle.
Agreed. Just saying Moses doesn't need to jump in the air so high when he kicks. He only does it to feed getting these types of penalties from lazy defenders. The Leota tackle wouldn't have been a penalty if its was on DCE who doesn't doesn't do the ballerina leap that Moses does.

Agreed. Just saying Moses doesn't need to jump in the air so high when he kicks. He only does it to feed getting these types of penalties from lazy defenders. The Leota tackle wouldn't have been a penalty if its was on DCE who doesn't doesn't do the ballerina leap that Moses does.
Maybe jumping helps, he does have a pretty big boot?

Maybe jumping helps, he does have a pretty big boot?
Nah. He has just as a big a boot without the added fairy jump flourish he does.

Its the same as why fullbacks and wingers all now jump to catch the ball when they don't need to.

The NRL added rules to protect players in the air. Now all the fullbacks, wingers & kickers are jumping in the air far far more often then before the NRL introduced the rules changes. They are all just milking it to draw penalties.

Okay, but answer me this please.
So if we agree that Leota was late how come the refs don't penalise a player that pressures the kicker but then after the kick has gone just give them a "cuddle" and hold them?
No intent to hurt, effectively preventing the kicker from chasing his own kick/put players onside but it's really a "soft" tackle is it not?
So therefore late, happens heaps of times every game.

So if we agree that Leota was late how come the refs don't penalise a player that pressures the kicker but then after the kick has gone just give them a "cuddle" and hold them?
No intent to hurt, effectively preventing the kicker from chasing his own kick/put players onside but it's really a "soft" tackle is it not?
Season 3 Yes GIF by The Office

yeah it was very dumb by Leota, it was late and a nothing, he and his team would have been better off ironing him out

There are no rules against jumping when you kick or catch, it's gamesmanship just like Moses shifting in the defensive line to make decoy runners hit his outside shoulder. I agree it's not in the spirit of the game but I prefer black and white rules as opposed to the **** show that would ensue if they muddied the waters with trying to read minds and rule on intentions.

Eels are one of the teams that a lot of the time do a super quick roll ball without getting to their feet to play the ball properly. The referees always let it go, even though the Eels are getting a super quick play the ball advantage from it.

And i've lost count of how many times a game that Gutho forms a t-shape while he cries to the referee asking for a Eels penalty for who knows what.

images
The arms out whinge to the ref is my pet hate & Gutho is king of that, BUT to be fair Garrick & Parker do it EVERY game also, which is a bad look for Manly.

The arms out whinge to the ref is my pet hate & Gutho is king of that, BUT to be fair Garrick & Parker do it EVERY game also, which is a bad look for Manly.
It's part of the game now. The ref is so busy trying to keep an eye on 42 different things at one time the players feel like they have to draw his attention where they want it. It's a bad look but I don't blame the players at all.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6