• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Parker Scott and Thaiday set up the win in the first half. Qld halves showed skill and control. NSW halves showed ... almost nothing.

Interesting to see if Daley makes any changes for the decider.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Parker Scott and Thaiday set up the win in the first half. Qld halves showed skill and control. NSW halves showed ... almost nothing.

Interesting to see if Daley makes any changes for the decider.

Daley won't change the halves. He should change Merritt though.
Put Tamou back in, NSW will go alright in game three don't write them off just yet.

Kiwi Eagle said:
You guys should be getting pretty excited about the next Olympics, with the way Qld are covering the 10m Usain is no chance of even threatening an all Australia podium in the sprinting events

Lol yep. can't believe how quick they are over the 10 metres.

Kiwi Eagle said:
That's probably the least enjoyable origin I have ever watched. Not coz Qld won either

It was obvious from 1min into the game who was going to win, predicted an early flurry of penalties which didn't disappoint, and then that farce sending the 4 guys to the bin killed any last bit of interest I had.

The only 1 of those 4 that you could make a case for going off was Merrin. Tate did nothing, Hodges threw 2 punches which I'd expect anyone to do in that situation, and Bird came in and grabbed Hodges to stop him throwing any. Farcical that the last 3 can go to the bin when a couple of minutes earlier we see an elbow replayed a few times and only goes on report

Mate you are such a genius I don't know why you bother watching anything.

The Eagle Has Landed said:
dowdz said:
Refs are shocking. NSW look lost in attack. Is Maloney on the filed? Merritt, stay on your wing, or, enjoy your only origin

Mate Maloney has been used as a battering ram everyone has run over the top of him.
Our forwards need to step up as we are being out muscled in every aspect.

My only query with Maloney was in regards to the kicking game. Same with Pearce. Noticed Farah did most of the kicking.

Agreed with the forwards. They got hammered tonight. Its why i thought Daley should have a big bopper on the bench instead of Reynolds.

dowdz said:
The Eagle Has Landed said:
dowdz said:
Refs are shocking. NSW look lost in attack. Is Maloney on the filed? Merritt, stay on your wing, or, enjoy your only origin

Mate Maloney has been used as a battering ram everyone has run over the top of him.
Our forwards need to step up as we are being out muscled in every aspect.

My only query with Maloney was in regards to the kicking game. Same with Pearce. Noticed Farah did most of the kicking.

Agreed with the forwards. They got hammered tonight. Its why i thought Daley should have a big bopper on the bench instead of Reynolds.

Yeah I agree mate Reynolds is a waste on the bench we need another prop.

who loved it when inglis smashed twigg leg reynolds ????

usually he has so much to say , but this time not a word !!!!!

that was worth 10 points at least !!!

Kiwi Eagle said:
That's probably the least enjoyable origin I have ever watched. Not coz Qld won either

It was obvious from 1min into the game who was going to win, predicted an early flurry of penalties which didn't disappoint, and then that farce sending the 4 guys to the bin killed any last bit of interest I had.

The only 1 of those 4 that you could make a case for going off was Merrin. Tate did nothing, Hodges threw 2 punches which I'd expect anyone to do in that situation, and Bird came in and grabbed Hodges to stop him throwing any. Farcical that the last 3 can go to the bin when a couple of minutes earlier we see an elbow replayed a few times and only goes on report

agree pretty much with all of that. I wasn't angry or pissed off at the refs because I knew it was going to happen, Origin has shown a lot of fixing over the last 5 - 10 years to do whats best for the game(ratings).

Despite the refs we were out-enthused, out-kicked, out-played, out-disciplined and out-scored. Well deserved win.

A few good signs in the second half. Game 3 will be a close one.

DCE had a pretty good game too. Looked nervous but certainly not out of place

Lack of possession and fighting wave after wave of penalty provided momentum is hard enough at NRL level let alone at Origin. Refs killed the game in the first 20 minutes.

No point making wholesale changes. This team did the job in game 1. Bring Tamou back and hope that we get some of the 50-50 calls.

All other comments aside those bloody Cane Toads played superbly , they had the home crowd, got the all important first 4 or 5 penalties early in the game and really it was all over after about 15-20 mins.

As much as we ambushed them in game 1 they did the same back to us, so lets give credit where it's due.

Game 3 is on our turf, Hayne will be back, Tamou will get his spot back and Merritt will never ever play another Origin game so all is not lost.

NSW 2-1

Just finished watching the game and was about to rip into merritt when the papers had this line:

The Maroons targeted Merritt by sending plenty of ball down his side of the field, Daley admitting it was his coaching decision for the winger to come off his edge in defence which allowed Darius Boyd plenty of room to move out wide.

So it was our wonderful inciteful coach asking merritt to continuously run in allowing try after try.

That b/s usually gets coached out of kids by age 10 I thought. What a total f -up.

Jennings is year after year overhyped like creagh was. All I hear is about his blinding pace blah blah yet he can't make a line break if it was made out of toilet paper. 4 tries in 9 games. What a d_wad of a selection he is.

In the first 20 mins, sets were 13 (qld) to 2 (nsw)

It must be so nice to have a get out of gaol free card if you're a game 1 losing Qld side.

Amazingly, after everyone in the galaxy said how Qld were going to burst out of the gates in game 2....nsw still all stood around looking like stunned moose at a grizzly bear bachelor party.

And well done maloney you twat for stripping a ball, first set, tackle 4. Is there any bigger time (tackle 5 maybe) we needed to not give away penalties??

And fmd....farrah continuously kicking from dummy half?

This was a total garbage fire of a nsw game. What absolutely terrible tactics by Daley.

nsw preparations weren't the best but at least having the third game in sydney means if nsw forget their collective hearts again, it wont be far for their mummy's to go and get them.

Their stupid needs to be cattle prodded out of them.

edit: well done qld, better team on the night.

Kiwi Eagle said:
panash said:
Did you miss the swinging arm ???face to face ???? You are very blind & biased
Kiwi Eagle said:
panash said:
Nsw follow the leader.
Another cheap shot !!!

Forward on a back !!!

Grubs

Totally agree, fists face to face are so much cheaper than elbows

Gallen and Myles weren't standing face to face ?

I understand Myles isn't the prettiest looking fella, but it is still his face

Gallen and Myles in game one was fine. Gallen came in with a swinging arm previous and Myles pulled him up on it. Myles should have been expecting a whack just because he grabbed Gallen and tried the tough guy talk. He didn't expect it, should have, and suffered the consequences.

Merrin last night was a dog in the extreme. Gallen gets pushed over and he lines Tate up. Piss weak example of picking what you think is an easy target. The funny thing was the little effect it had on Tate. Sure it opened him up, but it hardly stunned him. I'd almost say toe to toe with no one else running in, Tate would have broken away and came back to hammer Merrin with a flurry of combinations.

globaleagle said:
The Maroons targeted Merritt by sending plenty of ball down his side of the field, Daley admitting it was his coaching decision for the winger to come off his edge in defence which allowed Darius Boyd plenty of room to move out wide.

So it was our wonderful inciteful coach asking merritt to continuously run in allowing try after try.

That b/s usually gets coached out of kids by age 10 I thought. What a total f -up.

Not sure if Daley was just sticking up for Merritt and his stupity to take the heat off him or one of the worst defensive tactics of all time.

Even an u/10 kid would have worked out after the first try to stay out and not rush in. If it was the coaches tactic you would have to ask why the message didn't go out to Merritt to scrap that idea.

globaleagle said:
Just finished watching the game and was about to rip into merritt when the papers had this line:

Jennings is year after year overhyped like creagh was. All I hear is about his blinding pace blah blah yet he can't make a line break if it was made out of toilet paper. 4 tries in 9 games. What a d_wad of a selection he is.

It must be so nice to have a get out of gaol free card if you're a game 1 losing Qld side.

Amazingly, after everyone in the galaxy said how Qld were going to burst out of the gates in game 2....nsw still all stood around looking like stunned moose at a grizzly bear bachelor party.

And well done maloney you twat for stripping a ball, first set, tackle 4. Is there any bigger time (tackle 5 maybe) we needed to not give away penalties??

This was a total garbage fire of a nsw game. What absolutely terrible tactics by Daley.

nsw preparations weren't the best but at least having the third game in sydney means if nsw forget their collective hearts again, it wont be far for their mummy's to go and get them.

A true origin player would have seen that was not working after the first time he tried it, and certainly after the first try, they would have then disregarded the coaches call here and started playing a more sensible defensive game.

A decent coach would not have come up with that decision in the first place but would have made the call to change tactic once he saw that was not working

Dan said:
globaleagle said:

A true origin player would have seen that was not working after the first time he tried it, and certainly after the first try, they would have then disregarded the coaches call here and started playing a more sensible defensive game.

A decent coach would not have come up with that decision in the first place but would have made the call to change tactic once he saw that was not working

So very true Dan. The game is simple at any level. Mark your man, have faith in your inside defender and be smart enough to see for yourself if the plan is working or not. If it's not, change it. Why weren't the trainers screaming in his face to stay on his man???

Pearso said:
globaleagle said:

Not sure if Daley was just sticking up for Merritt and his stupity to take the heat off him or one of the worst defensive tactics of all time.

Even an u/10 kid would have worked out after the first try to stay out and not rush in. If it was the coaches tactic you would have to ask why the message didn't go out to Merritt to scrap that idea.

There's a lot of things I'd like to ask!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4