SOO, Jake, DCE, general discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well, the two games he was captain for us, we flogged the opposition. DCE comes back, and our game management ****s us up and costs us the very next game.
No doubt we were good in those games V teams out of the top 8 but that is not really our problem is it?

You reckon they risk playing an under done Latrell after last nights empahatic NSW performance?
Nope, Latrell will need game time, from memory he has needed a few games under his legs when returning from injury in the past.
I can‘t see Burton being dropped after last night either and his kicking game is just too valuable, I also can’t see how you don’t bring Wighton back after game one, it’s Critter who misses out for mine.

Last edited:
Froggy is no where near the very effective tackler he is as a 9 as when he is a bit wider of the ruck and previously in a 6 role . Would have to be one of the most respected 9 "s going around now , not elite level but just so dogged and relentless . Covering up in back play , chasing kicks through the line intently , ball distribution and of course defence at a really good level now . Been a quite versatile player in past times , recall him having brief stints at full back , centre and in the halves but 9 is his most advantageous position for Manly now and with or with out Fainu in the future

Interesting listening to the Bloke in a Bar Origin Review and when talking about Jake, they essentially said that Manly have to look at the way they use him.

Denan Kemp said that in reality, Jake is forced to do the **** work cleaning up the ruck, making 50 tackles each week etc because he’s the only bloke that can do that well in our side, instead of dropping that tackle count and having greater focus on his running game.

He actually can be a faster style middle forward when allowed. He showed last night he can get some decent leg speed and always finds his front for an extremely quick play the ball.

Des has to look at how Jake’s used because Origin showed he’s a thoroughbred when played correctly, but we’re using him like a draft horse.

You reckon they risk playing an under done Latrell after last nights empahatic NSW performance?
No way Burton is losing his spot. His boot alone has him entrenched. Mud gutz will need a month of full time football to be anywhere close to match fit. I can’t see Fittler messing with that lineup too much (at all). Maybe give Api an extra 10 to even out the two nines?

Nope, Latrell will need game time, from memory he has needed a few games under his legs when returning from injury in the past.
I can‘t see Burton being dropped after last night either and his kicking game is just too valuable, I also can’t see how you don’t bring Wighton back after game one, it’s Critter who misses out for mine.
I should read the whole thread before commenting. Ditto from me.

No way Burton is losing his spot. His boot alone has him entrenched. Mud gutz will need a month of full time football to be anywhere close to match fit. I can’t see Fittler messing with that lineup too much (at all). Maybe give Api an extra 10 to even out the two nines?
I'm a Qlder, so I'm not eligible, but thanks for putting my name forward. But I'd need a lot more than a months footy to be even a quarter fit.

More so than Jake playing the prop role, I think he needs a 65-70 min game to bring out the beast in him. We know constantly playing 80 min sets in fatigue when he does all those little things around the ruck.

Maybe he wouldn’t be penalised as much??

Last edited:
Eat **** BOZO.

You other QLD fans are alright.
It is always an honour to be singled out as I see I am making an impact in your life feathered friend .

Here you are Celebrating in False pretences thinking NSW have won the series

The NSW Blue Sheep to the Slaughter are now making their way
To the Gallows of the Queensland Boarder to be Slaughtered once again !!!

I Pitty you Pittwater
Because all of us Queenslanders will be having the last laugh
and singing the the series winning song

We'll be singing
When we're winning
We'll be singing
When were winning

QLD gets knocked down
But they always get up again
You're never going to keep us down

QLD gets knocked down

QLD gets knocked down

See the source image

Last edited:
When was the last time DCE jammed properly on the ball player? He got to Cleary late and didnt smother the ball, created an opening for NSW to score early in the match.

The number on Jakes back isnt the issue, he will be playing middle either way and he technically shifts to prop when Walker comes on anyway.

The two things Des needs to mix up

1. Drop Jakes minutes slightly, 65-70min

2.Jake works well as the link man but Dessie has it the wrong way round IMO when it is pass first, run second. Jake should be run first then look to mix it up with some passing

Also Croker to the halves is a terrible idea IMO.

One good game changes minds quickly
That is on the proviso that Fainu is back and playing to his best. Otherwise yes it is a bad idea.

Croker is a half trying to play hooker so I don't understand why it is a terrible idea.

That is on the proviso that Fainu is back and playing to his best. Otherwise yes it is a bad idea.

Croker is a half trying to play hooker so I don't understand why it is a terrible idea.
Because he is a better first grade hooker than he has ever been a first grade half.

Croker wouldn't start in the halves at any NRL team......maybe Newcastle next to Milf

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7