SOO, Jake, DCE, general discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It will be interesting to see how DCE performs as Munster was the more dominant in the other games.

Hope he steps up... and if so it will do his confidence the world of good & will hopefully continue into the NRL

Latest team news

Queensland

The QRL announced on Saturday morning that PCR swabs have confirmed both Cameron Munster and Murray Taulagi have COVID-19 and will miss Wednesday's Origin decider. The pair had earlier returned positive Rapid Antigen Tests on Friday and been isolated from the rest of the squad. Broncos Winger Corey Oates and Cowboys playmaker Tom Dearden will both come into the Maroons 17, with the final line-up still to be confirmed.

Big shoes to fill with Munster out. Who will Queensland turn to for the player that whines and cries all game and kicks and knees opponents with impunity?

Big shoes to fill with Munster out. Who will Queensland turn to for the player that whines and cries all game and kicks and knees opponents with impunity?
The resilient Maroon spirit is not filled by the size of any shoes feathered friend

But only by the size of the spirited Maroon Queenslander heart that wears the proud Maroon jersey

The Queensland Cauldron is waiting for the sacrificial lambs

May God have mercy on The NSW Blue sheep to the Slaughter

See the source image

Can you believe that the Sydney Morning Herald missed the story about Munster and the other SOO bloke getting covid and needing to be replaced for Wednesday night's decider? This 'morning' newspaper has a deadline of around 7pm the previous evening, which also explains why its cricket scoreboard had Australia at 2-173 when it finished at 5-298 (at 9.30pm EST). It's so sad such a distinguished newspaper (I used to work for its former sister paper) is so far behind in news gathering.
My wife insists on buying it on a Saturday solely for the quiz in the Good Weekend. At $4.60 it is robbery, but you know about "happy wife . . .
People complain about the Telecrap but it has the resources to function as a morning newspaper should.

People complain about the Telecrap but it has the resources to function as a morning newspaper should.
I detest Rupert Murdoch and all he stands for, and the Telegraph has his grubby fingerprints all over it. But there's no denying that the Telegraph knows its audience and it performs the traditional functions of a newspaper much better than the Herald does. The Herald is pretty much a glorified extension of the Channel Nine publicity department these days, poorly resourced and poorly put together. The Fairfax glory days are long gone.

Munster's absence will put the pressure and spotlight on DCE. If Hunt and DCE don't work together the Maroons will get pumped.
Munster has carried that side for the last 3 series. DCE and Dearden are behind the 8 ball. Big chance for DCE to prove he can deliver in a marquee game without someone to hold his hand.

Munster has carried that side for the last 3 series. DCE and Dearden are behind the 8 ball. Big chance for DCE to prove he can deliver in a marquee game without someone to hold his hand.
Let us not Discredit the Great DCE for his own contribution as captain and leader of the Maroon series wins .

DCE has always risen above adversity and proved his critics wrong
and this is another opportunity to show his greatness

favicon

So when the Blues do the same job, as in Perth, to the moroons at scumcorp , will DCE finally be seen as the most over rated player of all time ? Or will he escape the media examination that Des's lack of success in recent years has escaped.

They died when they scraped my old alma mater, The Sun.
Just reading yours and @Ron E. Gibbs talk about newspapers past and present. Took me way back to when I was a paper-boy. I loved that job. Loved the smell of newly printed newspapers and on Wednesday/Thursdays the magazines (womans day, new idea, womans weekly and of course my favourite Rugby League Week).
I stuck with it, even when I had another casual job at KFC.
The best part was the relationships I built up over the years with my customers. Just the look on their faces when they heard my whistle and they’d come running/shuffling out like it was Christmas Day. And for some of the oldies, I realised sadly that me bringing their paper or mag was indeed the highlight of their day. Many a time I would be last one back to the newsagent, and the owner would be pissed off because he knew I’d been jabbering. It came to a head one day, and he said if you want to talk to Mr or Mrs So and so, do it on your time. So I did as often as I could.
Some of them who were crossword/puzzle junkies would show me a completed massive crossword they’d completed in the cpl hours since I’d delivered it.
Those memories are of a much simpler time in life.I miss those times.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8