SOO, Jake, DCE, general discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good night feathered friends

I am off to bed counting Blue Slaughtered Sheep

Sweet Dreams

1654696185708.png

Fittler has problems for the next game and may make changes like A.Crichton or Koloamatangi for Sims and S. Crichton for Staggs. It would have been better to start with Paulo rather than RCG. Murray will start next game. Yeo & Cleary didn't play to their usual standard. This year the Blues have less attacking strike, so Cleary's kicking game has become more important. Fittler got it right with the selection of Wighton who had a huge game.

Dear our wonderful captain, Mr. D. Cherry-Evans......

That way you defended tonight for Queensland in Origin 1 where you stayed in the line and didn't rush out?? That was beautiful. Please bring it back with you to Manly.

Regards

Manly fans.

^ It was like muster took over the rushing up role.

Well.... unsurprisingly 1-0 qld

Also I'm guessing (unsurprisingly) most will be complaining about the nsw disallowed try, the dce scrum try, and the last play hold up.

I'm not sure if nsw underestimated slater as a coach. I wouldn't think so as he was (a big fat jerk) quite meticulous in everything he did.

nsw don't seem to be able to adapt to a different game plan if "A" doesn't work. They got a bit desperate at the end throwing the ball around.

But (and without watching it 40 times) it was like someone convinced cleary the field was 20 metres shorter than standard.

His first half kicking was terrible. Always handing the ball back to qld on the 20...or even 30 metre line.

Anyway...

go Manly!

^ It was like muster took over the rushing up role.

Well.... unsurprisingly 1-0 qld

Also I'm guessing (unsurprisingly) most will be complaining about the nsw disallowed try, the dce scrum try, and the last play hold up.

I'm not sure if nsw underestimated slater as a coach. I wouldn't think so as he was (a big fat jerk) quite meticulous in everything he did.

nsw don't seem to be able to adapt to a different game plan if "A" doesn't work. They got a bit desperate at the end throwing the ball around.

But (and without watching it 40 times) it was like someone convinced cleary the field was 20 metres shorter than standard.

His first half kicking was terrible. Always handing the ball back to qld on the 20...or even 30 metre line.

Anyway...

go Manly!
Cleary looked off his game, needed to run the ball more as a surprise tactic. Came to life in the last 10min, NSW got nothing out of their centres. NSW can do a whole lot better, to only lose by 6 will give Fittler something to work with in 3 weeks time.

Putting pressure on Cleary really threw his kicking game off. Instead of running onto the ball to kick he was on the back foot and his kicks were average at best.

Cleary looked off his game, needed to run the ball more as a surprise tactic. Came to life in the last 10min, NSW got nothing out of their centres. NSW can do a whole lot better, to only lose by 6 will give Fittler something to work with in 3 weeks time.

Agree... thought cleary was off from the get go last night (ordinary kicking game, caught on last tackle before kick required numerous times).... disappointing after how he performed Ly

What......Jack Wighton was our best player. Didn't think he should have been picked at centre, however his carries and try was our best efforts.
I know who they'll look to to tighten the ruck though. Gee it looked loose when Grant came on. JAKE.

Agree... thought cleary was off from the get go last night (ordinary kicking game, caught on last tackle before kick required numerous times).... disappointing after how he performed Ly
He's a smart guy, he needed to run a lot more with the ball on the 5th. His kicks were all diffused easily, gotta change things up when getting the same result. We let Qld of the hook in this aspect of the game, wont happen next time.

What......Jack Wighton was our best player. Didn't think he should have been picked at centre, however his carries and try was our best efforts.
I know who they'll look to to tighten the ruck though. Gee it looked loose when Grant came on. JAKE.
Give you that on Wighton, but after that try our backs were pretty dormant in attack for the rest of the game.

Shocked myself a little last night. Started watching the game and found myself wanting Queensland to win. Thought about it and figured it was a real disdain for Fittler not staying loyal to Jake and JAC and also a real dislike of the Penrith players. The more I watched the more I was scooped up in the QLD heart, never say die, battle against the odds attitude.
Where is Budgewoi?
That's in Queensland!
Origin has never meant much to me compared to club footy but this is the first time I've crossed the border. Didn't feel too bad!

Listening to The Big Sports Breakfast this morning, both Laurie Daley and Blocker Roach said it was a mistake not having Jake Trbojevic there. The ruck was very loose defensively, and they said even if he doesn't provide as much in attack, you know he would have held the middle far better than it was held last night.

A lot of noise on Cleary’s game, (and it was average or below his standard) a couple of things, Yeo brained himself first tackle of the match and was in obvious trouble, he went missing for a while, spilled the pill, he never really recovered, both our halves missed his game badly, but credit to the Qld defence, it was the kick pressure they put on Cleary all night that shut his kicking game down, that had Slatter all over it.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Cotter played 80mins, made 51 tackles and wasn't flashy, held the middle together...but we dropped our player that does that.🤦‍♂️🤔
Exactly right. Cotter made his tackles, held up that ruck defensively.

Ironic, that most were happy to have Jake left out of their NSW side until they realise that we need someone there that is able to focus specifically on tightening up the middle in defense.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8