Sore losers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kiwi Eagle said:
Orford always copped a lot of crap over his goal kicking but he was always inbetween 75-80% just like Lyon is these days

Lyon is below 67% this year.

Won't take too much to lift that back up to his usual level I'd say, 5/5 in our 30-0 win Monday night will take him up above 70 :)

RLW has him 23/34

Hopefully we see a lot of attempts from him this weekend anyway, need to see some good tries !!

susan said:
I believe Ray Stehr was the youngest first grader of his generation after being born a cripple, played numerous tests for his country and made the Easts side of the century before joining the war effort.

And a keyboard loser who has never bruised a grape dishonours him by taking his name as a moniker. Shame on you!

Thanks Susan, got it.

Real deal?

Nope. Bum Stehr.

MissKate said:
taking the 2 is not such a great option right now with Jamie's kicking being a tad shaky

There was at least one easy 2 point option on offer the other night that they didn't take. Take the two, get the ball back and maybe score some more points. Works for me.:)

goal kicking cost us the game against rooters.

if Jamie slots the relatively easy conversion that he missed, we would have taken the penalty goal for JWHs send off which was within kicking distance, this would have atleast made it 8-8 im sure we would have been the more composed side if this had happened and gone on to win with maybe a field goal.

a simple conversion attempt can have a massive affect.

EagleHaus said:

definitely , agree... especially in a game with hype and went things are not going your way .. 2 points in a game is 2 points...

doesnt mean you will win the game but it can help..

- titans game , we scored more tries but lost to penalty goals and conversions

There was also an easy 2 points we took at the stgi games and missed from right in front - that was my point

EagleHaus said:

if Jamie slots the relatively easy conversion that he missed, we would have taken the penalty goal for JWHs send off which was within kicking distance, this would have atleast made it 8-8 im sure we would have been the more composed side if this had happened and gone on to win with maybe a field goal.

I'd say the Jennings intercept cost us the game. If the Chooks didn't have those 6 points they wouldn't have taken either of the penalty goals later in the match. They didn't score another try until the last minute.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
EagleHaus said:

I'd say the Jennings intercept cost us the game. If the Chooks didn't have those 6 points they wouldn't have taken either of the penalty goals later in the match. They didn't score another try until the last minute.

granted their tries were lucky, but thats out of our control.. S**t Happens! BUT goal kicking is in our control.. my point being despite some lucky bounces going their way we could have easily set up for the win with 10mins left and opposition down to 12 men. More emphasis needs to be placed on goal kicking especially in such tight games where scoring is at a premium.

Lesson to be learnt.

EagleHaus said:

"a simple conversion attempt can have a massive affect." - Absolutely it can, my emotions went through the roof.

A simple conversion attempt can also have a massive effect.

Technical Coach said:
We don't have forwards in the "attacking" sense that are punching holes through the middle, using footwork to get in between defenders, or busting over the tryline in the redzone that can take pressure off the halves when they are struggling to create holes with ballplay or creativity.

The one advantage Souths,Roosters,Dogs have is even when the halves and outside backs are not having success they can punch through the line for hard earned direct simple tries, we lack that type of presence that can just bust over the tryline.

Seems TC may have a case here. So far this year we have scored 33 tries.....26 by backs and 7 by forwards.

Would these stats be mirrored by Souths, Rooters, Scum and Dogs ? I would say so, but it would be interesting if we were unusually lopsided in this department.

I'll get back to you shortly.

I would not be looking at stats to justify the statement it's more the presence of such players to hold the inside defence tight and worried about their overall strength and when they score.

Souths have the right type of size and mobility all over the park even players like Inglis can run a hard bulldozing line to the tryline when all else is failing.

Manly for years over relied on finessing ourselves through a defensive line to score hardly scoring anything up the middle or creating anything of substance up the middle to help make more space on the edges.

Most teams attack in somewhat the same ways based around Melb and Manly for the last 7yrs so this will lead to defences being harder to crack especially out wide due to most teams running the same plays.

If all things are equal the only differentiating point in many instances is strength and busting the line to score, speed alone is not enough if the defence is not stretched.

Ray Stehr said:
The Roosters outclassed you last night, deal with it. And those of you who still don't rate us will find out the hard way in a few weeks, our record so far at the SFS in 160 for and 16 against in 5 games. The only reason you were only beaten by 12 last night is because we bombed two certain tries to Cordner and Kenny Dowell through a final dropped pass.

I have always liked the eastern suburbs of Sydney, filled with Kiwis and people who participate in a happy little parade every year, they sip on their lattes, swim in freezing water filled with ice and generally add something to our society..nice people, passionate footy supporters, but I don't include you in that group Ray, you lack class, style and finesse when you come to an opposition team's forum and carry on like an ilk.

...and btw hello everyone, I am Jezza, son of Earnie.

Earnie the Eagle said:
Ray Stehr said:
The Roosters outclassed you last night, deal with it. And those of you who still don't rate us will find out the hard way in a few weeks, our record so far at the SFS in 160 for and 16 against in 5 games. The only reason you were only beaten by 12 last night is because we bombed two certain tries to Cordner and Kenny Dowell through a final dropped pass.

I have always liked the eastern suburbs of Sydney, filled with Kiwis and people who participate in a happy little parade every year, they sip on their lattes, swim in freezing water filled with ice and generally add something to our society..nice people, passionate footy supporters, but I don't include you in that group Ray, you lack class, style and finesse when come to an opposition team's forum and carry on like an ilk.

...and btw hello everyone, I am Jezza, son of Earnie.

Any son of Earnie's......is always welcome here. Keep the moniker alive.

Ray Stehr said:

G'day Ray...Sorry about tonight mate, we softened em up for you on monday but it still wasn't enough hey. Never mind, a week is a long time in footy.

Hello ? Ray ? Anyone seen Ray ?

Just another Rooters supporter going off half "cocked".....:D

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4