State of Origin 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Surely this is tedescos last origin series… the guy dead set cost us the game.. we were all over the qlders for 80% of the match, and absolutely squandered 10 scoring opportunities… the one where addo carr was screaming for the ball on the 2 on 1 overlap and teddy went himself is unforgivable.. the guy literally had 2 of the nrls best attacking players in turbo and the fox standing around doing sweet FA for most of the attacking raids because the guy refused to pass to either of them constantly

NSW spine was not creative with all the ball they had .QLD with a few passes wide causes NSW plenty of problems .NSW forwards were better than QLD's but the creativity needed was not there .
If the 6 and 7 were swapped NSW would have won by 20+.

The game has well and trully ended but the endless and useless NSW excuses continue to no avail

The NSW Blues Creativity Capitulated by the Relentless , Resilient and Courageous Queensland Defence

They won't change it, and probably shouldn't, but Cody Walker is the No 6 in the game, he has no peers.

I like Luai, he is a different style to Cody, but if we want to win game 2 and Latrell is available surely they will consider him.

Campbell Graham will come in too, either for JAC or Tom.

The game has well and trully ended but the endless and useless NSW excuses continue to no avail

The NSW Blues Creativity Capitulated by the Relentless , Resilient and Courageous Queensland Defence
Talking about who played poorly is not excuses, give it a rest.

Got to stop picking too many penrith players who are not adapting to origin.

1. Teddy (last year unless finds form next year)
2. T'oo
3. Trell
4. Graham / Turbo (pending fitness)
5. fox
6. Hynes
7. Cleary
8. Haas
9. Api
10. Jurbo
11. Martin
12. Murray
13. Yeo

14. Cook (need that punch)
15. Paulo
16. Frizell
17. De Belin

This team has halves cover with Api able to play in the halves if needed as well as outside backs cover with Frizell / Murray able to go to centre if needed .

Must get Hynes in there to take some organising pressure off Cleary and straighten / simplify the attack

Talking about who played poorly is not excuses, give it a rest.
Give your excuses a rest feathered friend

As for your excuse that the Blues played poorly
The Blues played only as well as the Great Queenslanders allowed them too !

Not sure how Cleary gets by and the focus seems to be on Luai? Felt like it was close to his best game and one of the worst by Cleary
Fair comment. I think we have seen Cleary do it at the highest level for a few years now. So Luai making way for Hynes is less risk and overall impact. It's also the most likely long term combo.
But you are right, Cleary didn't play well at all

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
Cleary goes missing in Origin. Luai far better last night.

Teddy was woeful. Shocking defence that lead to 2 tries. Failure to pass the ball on 2 occasions with an overlap that would have lead to tries. He's done. Edwards a far better option. At this point, I'd even take Queen Gutho.

Hynes not used effectively enough. He either needs to start, or not play. Burton a much better option at 14.

Addo-Carr and Turbo got zero ball because the Penrith idiots just wanted to play amongst themselves. Turbo had to go looking for the ball.

Yeo ineffective. Murray to start.

Hudson Young $hit and won't be back. Ola probably should be considered.

Most importantly, Freddy to go and Brandy off the board of selectors. No wonder 7 Penrith players get picked with that fukhead on the panel.

Martin a standout! NSW MoM for me.

Cleary goes missing in Origin. Luai far better last night.

Teddy was woeful. Shocking defence that lead to 2 tries. Failure to pass the ball on 2 occasions with an overlap that would have lead to tries. He's done. Edwards a far better option. At this point, I'd even take Queen Gutho.

Hynes not used effectively enough. He either needs to start, or not play. Burton a much better option at 14.

Addo-Carr and Turbo got zero ball because the Penrith idiots just wanted to play amongst themselves. Turbo had to go looking for the ball.

Yeo ineffective. Murray to start.

Hudson Young $hit and won't be back. Ola probably should be considered.

Most importantly, Freddy to go and Brandy off the board of selectors. No wonder 7 Penrith players get picked with that fukhead on the panel.

Martin a standout! NSW MoM for me.
Not sure about the Nico selection when they had no plans to get him in the game

Api was epic but why we did not go for a 2 hooker play I will never know

NSW were always going to be in trouble playing with 1 DH, Cook should have been in the side, possibly even starting but definitely at 14 if not.

Enough has been said about Teddy’s game, for me his club form has been ordinary, Slatter makes Fidler look like a goose, Slatter picked his side on form, hence Walsh over Ponga, he did the same picking Cotter from nowhere on form last year. It’s fine to spew the pick and stick **** when your winning, Edwards would of done a far better job last night, his the form FB for the blues.

Should be quite a few changes for game 2, could go from a Riff based side to a Vermin based one, Mitchell, Cook, Graham, even Cody, perhaps Koloamatangi and Tatola could be considered.

Think this side would give it a better crack.

1 Edwards
2 Critchon
3 Graham
4 Mitchell
5 To’o
6 Walker
7 Cleary
8 Tatola
9 Api/Cook
10 Hass
11 Martin
12 Critchon
13 Murray

14 Cook/Api
15 Yeo
16 Koloamatangi
17 Not sure, Utiokamanu? a mobile hard working Prop (Junior? TPJ? Or someone else?) stocks are skinny up front.

Would of had Jake for Tatola if he wasn‘t injured and Tatola in 17

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4