State of Origin 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
NSW were always going to be in trouble playing with 1 DH, Cook should have been in the side, possibly even starting but definitely at 14 if not.

Enough has been said about Teddy’s game, for me his club form has been ordinary, Slatter makes Fidler look like a goose, Slatter picked his side on form, hence Walsh over Ponga, he did the same picking Cotter from nowhere on form last year. It’s fine to spew the pick and stick **** when your winning, Edwards would of done a far better job last night, his the form FB for the blues.

Should be quite a few changes for game 2, could go from a Riff based side to a Vermin based one, Mitchell, Cook, Graham, even Cody, perhaps Koloamatangi and Tatola could be considered.

Think this side would give it a better crack.

1 Edwards
2 Critchon
3 Graham
4 Mitchell
5 To’o
6 Walker
7 Cleary
8 Tatola
9 Api/Cook
10 Hass
11 Martin
12 Critchon
13 Murray

14 Cook/Api
15 Yeo
16 Koloamatangi
17 Not sure, Utiokamanu? a mobile hard working Prop (Junior? TPJ? Or someone else?) stocks are skinny up front.

Would of had Jake for Tatola if he wasn‘t injured and Tatola in 17
good side but wouldnt play Walker. Hynes deserves a shot. Jack De Belin should be in the team.

Brad Fittler is the gift that keeps on giving. Remember this classic, from 2009, when he was coaching the Roosters:

Sydney Roosters coach Brad Fittler has fined himself $10,000 after an embarrassing drunken incident in Townsville early Friday morning.

Fittler admitted to being heavily intoxicated and half naked whilst trying to gain access to the wrong hotel room.

The female occupant of the room called police and they found the Roosters coach outside the room wearing only a pair of shorts.

"I take this opportunity to apologise for my behaviour on Thursday night, I brought embarrassment to the club myself and my family," Fittler told a media conference this afternoon.

"I am disappointed with myself and apologise unreservedly to the occupants of the room who I disturbed early Friday morning."

"My behaviour was unacceptable and I have fined myself $10,000."

Or this one from 2000, when he was the Australian captain and dumped outside the cop shop in Glebe:

He was described by a police source as "the drunkest human being ever". After spending the night on a boat carrying women on a hen's night, "Blind" Freddie found himself - or someone found him - lying on the nature strip outside Glebe police station. Police said he was unable to communicate and they allowed him to remain on the premises for three hours until he was sober enough to supply his home address and be taxied home.

And now his coaching and selections for NSW are also providing comedy gold.

Don't ever change, Freddie.

1. Teddy
2. T'oo
3. Latrell
4. Graham
5. Addo Carr
6. Walker
7. Cleary
8. Haas
9. Api
10. Jurbo
11. Martin
12. Okalatu
13. Murray

14. Paulo
15. Paseka
16. Nikora
17. Cook

If only could add AFB would be a Massive boost imo
Other players who would maybe add some impact are Gutho ad Burton

Just re-watched the game.

Hudson Young to be fired out of a cannon in the general direction of the sun.
We looked a million times better with Martin and Murray onfield.

Teddy has developed Gallen-itis with his ball hoggery.....and at the wrong times.

Carrigan and Cotter were absolutely outstanding for QLD.

Was it just me or was there an amazing amount of one-out charging at the goal-line from the Blues? We should know by now that Qlders will eat that up for weeks on end and actually seem to enjoy it. You have to beat them with ballplay shape and guile and we didn't seem to have much.

I don't expect many changes to the Blues side, although changes would be justified. Turbo can't be selected, outside of about a 2 minute period he was a passenger. Graham must come in if fit, or Latrell if fit. TPJ and Hudson Young are not ready for this and need to be replaced with more experienced heads. A lot more use needs to get made of Hynes, you can't carry a spectator at Origin level.

1. Latrell
2. To'o
3. Graham
4. Turbo
5. Addo-Carr
6. Hynes
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Api
10. Paulo
11. Martin
12. Young
13. Murray
14. Burton
15. TPJ
16. Olkau'atu
17. Klemmer/ Saifiti

DCE was great, I thought it was one of his best origin performances.

NSW were trash, might as well play with 11 men in attack when Frizell doesn't pass it and Tedesco doesn't either. Completely took Tom and To'o out of the game. One of the worst origin performances I've seen from NSW

Olakauatu is a much better player than Hudson Young. It looked like the only thing that Young was picked for was for being a niggler, which is worthless if you can't back it up.

Cleary and Luai did their best to disprove the club combinations theory. Did not gel at all.

It's time Tom is fullback for NSW

Jake was sorely missed

Fitter is a dud coach
You're right about the niggle part of Hudson Young's game, once he earned the ire of the Qld forwards he ran and hid like the grubby little tart that he is, I wouldn't have him within cooee of origin again based on that cowardly display, there's at least half a dozen that should never wear the nsw colours again and add the coach to that list as well

1. Latrell
2. To'o
3. Graham
4. Turbo
5. Addo-Carr
6. Hynes
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Api
10. Paulo
11. Martin
12. Young
13. Murray
14. Burton
15. TPJ
16. Olkau'atu
17. Klemmer/ Saifiti

They won't change it, and probably shouldn't, but Cody Walker is the No 6 in the game, he has no peers.

I like Luai, he is a different style to Cody, but if we want to win game 2 and Latrell is available surely they will consider him.

Campbell Graham will come in too, either for JAC or Tom.
I don't think Cody has the temperament for origin, he fires up too easily and loses control of his thinking, you need a cool head in the origin cauldron

They won't change it, and probably shouldn't, but Cody Walker is the No 6 in the game, he has no peers.

I like Luai, he is a different style to Cody, but if we want to win game 2 and Latrell is available surely they will consider him.

Campbell Graham will come in too, either for JAC or Tom.
It’s bizarre how underrated Walker is…

I have him as the best attacking footballer in the game, bar none. That’s hard for me to say because I can’t stand him but he is exceptional. He might not be the complete player in certain aspects of the game but for out and out point scoring potential, there isn’t even anyone else in the conversation.

You're right about the niggle part of Hudson Young's game, once he earned the ire of the Qld forwards he ran and hid like the grubby little tart that he is, I wouldn't have him within cooee of origin again based on that cowardly display, there's at least half a dozen that should never wear the nsw colours again and add the coach to that list as well

Koolamatungi is the man for the job imo.

I might of said Haumole a month ago but he is playing injured and that's no good for origin.

What do you guys think about Fittler as the Sea Eagles next coach?

Asking for a friend.
kGCuRgmbnO9EI.gif

Last night it was very noticeable that the Blues scrum base trio only had eyes for their Panthers team mates when attacking in the Qld 20.

Cleary, Luai and Yeo went left, left and left last night. The only times when NSW had the ball that Frizell, Turbo and Addo-Carr got any real ball was in their own quarter when they were doing early tackle hit ups. But when attacking the Qld line, pretty much all the ball went left to Martin, Crichton and To'o.

Now granted, NSW did score twice that way through Martin and Crichton. But it became rather predictable for the Qld defence that when they were in their own 20, the ball was gonna go to their right.

For mine, this is how I think NSW should line up for Game 2, but I know this will be nowhere near the team that runs out......

FB - Dylan Edwards
WG - Josh Addo-Carr
CE - Latrell Mitchell
CE - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Brian To'o
FE - Cody Walker
HB - Nathan Cleary (c)
PR - Tevita Pangai Jr.
HK - Api Koroisau
PR - Payne Haas
SR - Tyson Frizell
SR - Liam Martin
LK - Cam Murray

Bench - Nicho Hynes, Isaah Yeo, Junior Paulo, Jacob Saifiti

Tedesco is out of form. Well, its more like a form slump than being out of form, kinda like Turbo had before the Canberra game. Sure Teddy ran a lot last night (217 forward plus about 200 sideways), and he is the team captain, but he really did SFA with the ball. No line breaks, no line break assists, no try assists. And to be out jumped by a prop when the game is on the line?? Lindsey Collins won't let him forget about that one at Chooks training.....For mine Dylan Edwards has more than earned his chance.

But, it won't happen. No way Tedesco gets dropped. Only injury or suspension would prevent him being the Blues captain and fullback for this entire series.

I know Crichton scored last night, but he'd be back to being 18th man. Bringing in Latrell Mitchell is a no brainer. Turbo was tough to keep in because he didn't play well last night. But maybe with a different halves combo, the Blues right edge can see some attacking ball and that's where Tom usually shines. Which means I would dump Luai and bring in Cody Walker (yes, ahead of Hynes. Nicho is more versitile. Kinda the Des Hasler of his time. Can play just about anywhere). That way they can have Walker running the left, where Latrell is, and Cleary mostly concentrating on the right (he plays a lot to the right at Penrith so it wouldn't be foreign to him) where he's got attacking weapons in Turbo and Fox (or Crichton if Turbo is out) who were badly underutilised last night.

For mine, this is how I think NSW should line up for Game 2, but I know this will be nowhere near the team that runs out......

FB - Dylan Edwards
WG - Josh Addo-Carr
CE - Latrell Mitchell
CE - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Brian To'o
FE - Cody Walker
HB - Nathan Cleary (c)
PR - Tevita Pangai Jr.
HK - Api Koroisau
PR - Payne Haas
SR - Tyson Frizell
SR - Liam Martin
LK - Cam Murray

Bench - Nicho Hynes, Isaah Yeo, Junior Paulo, Jacob Saifiti

Tedesco is out of form. Well, its more like a form slump than being out of form, kinda like Turbo had before the Canberra game. Sure Teddy ran a lot last night (217 forward plus about 200 sideways), and he is the team captain, but he really did SFA with the ball. No line breaks, no line break assists, no try assists. And to be out jumped by a prop when the game is on the line?? Lindsey Collins won't let him forget about that one at Chooks training.....For mine Dylan Edwards has more than earned his chance.

But, it won't happen. No way Tedesco gets dropped. Only injury or suspension would prevent him being the Blues captain and fullback for this entire series.

I know Crichton scored last night, but he'd be back to being 18th man. Bringing in Latrell Mitchell is a no brainer. Turbo was tough to keep in because he didn't play well last night. But maybe with a different halves combo, the Blues right edge can see some attacking ball and that's where Tom usually shines. Which means I would dump Luai and bring in Cody Walker (yes, ahead of Hynes. Nicho is more versitile. Kinda the Des Hasler of his time. Can play just about anywhere). That way they can have Walker running the left, where Latrell is, and Cleary mostly concentrating on the right (he plays a lot to the right at Penrith so it wouldn't be foreign to him) where he's got attacking weapons in Turbo and Fox (or Crichton if Turbo is out) who were badly underutilised last night.

What do you guys think about Fittler as the Sea Eagles next coach?

Asking for a friend.
Business as usual I'd say Bob, lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4