State of Origin Game III (2017)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Ok I quite like Boyd Cordner.........but do we need the lovefest at the end of the game? Saying what a legend thurston is? Saying to cooper Cronk about his future? Really. I like some dignity, but I don't need him acting like these guys are his best mates.

About the only player in line to replace Pearce is Cleary. Nine did well to in the PR stakes to make something out of nothing Qld were ordained to win.

Most of the forwards seemed to do well and i thought ferguson, dugan, morris and tedesco were strong. Not sold on Hayne more from a defensive sense...maloney not that bad, no idea for a 7. Also they need a way to get Tom T in there

Ferguson gets caught out of position in defence a fair bit, Hayne is lazy in defence as well. Would get rid of both of them in a heartbeat. There's a position for Tom in there easily if you stop picking favourites. Josh Mansour should be one of the wingers as well.

Ferguson gets caught out of position in defence a fair bit, Hayne is lazy in defence as well. Would get rid of both of them in a heartbeat. There's a position for Tom in there easily if you stop picking favourites. Josh Mansour should be one of the wingers as well.

Fair enough but it is not like Ferguson lost us the games (even though I was waiting for a mistake all the time)

My issue with Hayne is that I can see the threat he has with the ball but he is just weak defensively

Look I get your point I just think there was not that much in the series as a whole (which is the frustrating part) and there are not a heap of options.

I mean is reynolds or keary any better than pearce?

I thought Keary was having a sook about wanting to be a Queenslander? Did that ever get sorted out?

Some maybe's out of this (maybe because it remains to be seen if anything does change).....

• Mitchell Pearce's last Origin?
  • Jarryd Hayne's last Origin?
  • No more experimenting with fullbacks as centres
  • Daley gone?

Fair enough but it is not like Ferguson lost us the games (even though I was waiting for a mistake all the time)

My issue with Hayne is that I can see the threat he has with the ball but he is just weak defensively

The threat he has with the ball is also undermined by the fact he's a glory hound, he won't pass the ball to a player in a better position to score. Got no time for that overrated diva at all.

Hayne and Turbo on the wings. Walker centre. Those are the ones id make as a minimum. But no guarantees that would get us the win as qld are quality in key positions. We need to produce a dominant half. Perace is still our best unfortunately.

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz
Okay for those posting "f off" the team post up your lineup that you think would win?

For mind there are changes you could make however nothing wholesale - and they got bloody close in game 2. Fact is the qld team has unbelievable quality in key positions
1 Turbo
2 Mansour
3 Walker
4 L Mitchell
5 Hayne
6 Austin
7 Cleary
8 Vaughn
9 Api
10 Klemmer
11 Cordner
12 Crichton
13 Jake

14 Bird
15 Campbell Gillard
16 R James
17 Fisher Harris

Last edited:
Peats is okay but compare him to the influence Smith had in the first 60? As for the halves I do not have the answer but it says something when QLD have what
JT (now gone)
Cronk
Milford
Hunt
Munster
DCE
All of who would walk into the NSW team. Not forgetting 9's like friend

Yeah, but what 9 in the whole competition is allowed to a) throw forward passes, b) use elbows knees and forearms in tackles, c) tell the officials how his team wants the game refereed, thanks very much, the way Scam Smith is?

That's one position where you've just gotta suck it up and accept you can't match like for like at the moment. Not til that cheating dual-contract bastard retires, at least.

Look I get your point I just think there was not that much in the series as a whole (which is the frustrating part) and there are not a heap of options.

I mean is reynolds or keary any better than pearce?

What about Chad Townsend? He hasn't had a go yet

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8