Stay home

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

manly al

First Grader
This is what I thought you were getting at ,Dion confused me when he somewhat agreed with you and then made opposite statements.
Unfortunately you are correct ,Contrary to all the New age "freedom warriors"out there ,Govts need to rule with a iron fist to get on top of this.
where are you based Ribbiea , Vancouver ? or there abouts . how is it going there ? Maybe a good time to have some down time or leisure time on Victoria island while the virus still poses a threat . Or would it be even safer there ?

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
where are you based Ribbiea , Vancouver ? or there abouts . how is it going there ? Maybe a good time to have some down time or leisure time on Victoria island while the virus still poses a threat . Or would it be even safer there ?

NON ESSENTIAL TRAVEL ONLY!

Stay away from the Island, Robbie or I'll get my fam to hunt you!

"Vancouver Island"

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
I'm over on the other side of BC ,Golden to be precise .We are a border town (about 45 mins from Lake Louise)
We have Alberta to our East ,which was averaging 1500 new cases a day (with no border closures)
And I think here in BC we are at about the 600 a day rate.
We also have no quarantine hotels ,so I dare say ,tourists arriving are not doing any.
Our small town here in the mountains has a pop of 3500 ,and has been lucky so far .
But ,with the winter starting and a ski hill (kicking horse) on our doorstep ,the Albertan tourists are starting to turn up in droves.

rmd

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
A couple were flying from Florida to Los Angeles last week when the elderly husband had a cardiac arrest and died during the flight. The wife admitted later that her husband had tested positive for COVID two days prior to the flight and was still suffering symptoms when he boarded the flight.

As my friends living in the USA always tell me...”Almost 50% of our population is nuts however neither 50% can agree which 50% is nuts.”

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Yes, I think the government have over reacted in many ways to the virus, mainly due to the unknowns (I.e will the vaccine be effective due to mutations/ similar to the seasonal flu) that it has and how highly the government has placed it above all other factors the country has to stay afloat, my thought is the current band aid on the world economics will only last so long and Australia will not come out of this very well.

The link below will give an understanding of other illnesses with higher mortality rates, you can filter it by country etc.

Let me guess I need to do my “research”

Throw in brexit and how they have handled COVID I think we better placed than the UK

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Just an FYI for Sydneysiders - I think the 15 new cases is a bit misleading. I got the close contact text Saturday arvo and went and got tested at Mona Vale hospital. They are WAY behind on results. No one from that night seems to have theirs (me included), some people from Friday are just getting theirs. They you'd have all yesterday

So I'd imagine from all the people that got texts from the close contact venues Saturday afternoon there should be a few more positives in that Mona Vale group.

manly al

First Grader
I'm over on the other side of BC ,Golden to be precise .We are a border town (about 45 mins from Lake Louise)
We have Alberta to our East ,which was averaging 1500 new cases a day (with no border closures)
And I think here in BC we are at about the 600 a day rate.
We also have no quarantine hotels ,so I dare say ,tourists arriving are not doing any.
Our small town here in the mountains has a pop of 3500 ,and has been lucky so far .
But ,with the winter starting and a ski hill (kicking horse) on our doorstep ,the Albertan tourists are starting to turn up in droves.
Good scenery around Lake Louise . Gee, did not realize that the covid spread was quite serious in that part of Canada . Stay safe ,

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Well put!!

It is horrible what is happening as of now with the EU considering banning road rail and sea on top of the already flights banned from the UK due to the new mutation of the virus. With Europe now over 500,000 lives lost the new mutation is not good news.

Many lives lost is not good and I have had reservations on the way the Australian government have handled the virus situation.
The UK has about 2 1/2 times Australia’s population but has recorded approximately 75 times as many deaths.

So yes, you are right to have reservations about Australia’s pathetic efforts vis-a-vis the UK.

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just an FYI for Sydneysiders - I think the 15 new cases is a bit misleading. I got the close contact text Saturday arvo and went and got tested at Mona Vale hospital. They are WAY behind on results. No one from that night seems to have theirs (me included), some people from Friday are just getting theirs. They you'd have all yesterday

So I'd imagine from all the people that got texts from the close contact venues Saturday afternoon there should be a few more positives in that Mona Vale group.
my current wife queued up for 4.5 hours on Friday in the heat and waited till today and then called to follow up and after 90 mins trying to speak to some one was told they had lost her f^%$ng test

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member

I wonder about the reporting too. I found out today about a cafe owner in Paddo having it but the whole narrative seems to insist it’s all on the Nthn Beaches.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
my current wife queued up for 4.5 hours on Friday in the heat and waited till today and then called to follow up and after 90 mins trying to speak to some one was told they had lost her f^%$ng test
Yeah it's pretty rubbish. My wife works at Nth Beaches hospital and can't work until I get my results so this taking ages means they're short staffed.

If I don't get my results tomorrow I'm going again somewhere else

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I just had my test done - luckily not too big a queue so not too much hanging around.

Now waiting for my result.

~Opens the envelope, unfolds the paper, and it reads~

"You're a dickhead!"

ah hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I'm sorry, I'm sure you're not, I just wanted to use that old joke and you seem like you can handle it.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Yeah it's pretty rubbish. My wife works at Nth Beaches hospital and can't work until I get my results so this taking ages means they're short staffed.

If I don't get my results tomorrow I'm going again somewhere else
You have to stay isolated until you receive your results. You will still have to await results of any further testing anyway.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16