Staying The Prince of Brookvale

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
KOMORI said:
Great news if true!!

*waits for Rambofan to confirm......

Deciding whether to believe the DT or Rambofan is like deciding whether to sleep with Amanda Vandstone or Susan Boyle...

Matabele said:
I think we need to come up with a term for the new site phenomenon. Any news article critical of Manly is false, any news article that is positive is patently true.

Any ideas?
Well we all ready have a pseudonym for cocky know it all wanker - Matabele ;)

the mauler said:
OneEyedEagle said:
I think Brett to the Rorters was all a smoke screen, I stated before if DCE signed then the rest would follow particularly if the club obtained more 3rd party payments to ease salary cap pressure.

The only concern I have is Foran and T-Rex but more so Foran. The Rorters are desperate to sign him or so I have been told by a mate linked to the rorters.

There is nothing we can do and we just have to have faith in what our club management can do in keeping this playing group together and the players themselves wanting to stay together.

Personally I just hope they stay Sea Eagles for life, the best club in the NRL.

The other news I was given is Brian Smith may not be at the Rorters next year. You’re not hearing about in the media but a few players have been disgruntled as are some board members in the treatment of some players by Smith
The Rooters have got Maloney next year, why would they want Foran???

It's what I have been told and don't forget Maloney can play halfback. I'm not making claims to believe what I have stated but I do know it has come from a credible source. Making a big play for someone doesn't mean they will get their man, Rorters have wanted Foran now for some time even before he signed with us and that has never changed.

There is nothing that you or I can do in keeping players, we just have to trust what our clubs CEO and board can do in terms of player retention and thus far I have been impressed and positive of what has been occurring, all credit to them for getting their **** together.

OneEyedEagle said:
the mauler said:
OneEyedEagle said:
I think Brett to the Rorters was all a smoke screen, I stated before if DCE signed then the rest would follow particularly if the club obtained more 3rd party payments to ease salary cap pressure.

The only concern I have is Foran and T-Rex but more so Foran. The Rorters are desperate to sign him or so I have been told by a mate linked to the rorters.

There is nothing we can do and we just have to have faith in what our club management can do in keeping this playing group together and the players themselves wanting to stay together.

The other news I was given is Brian Smith may not be at the Rorters next year. You’re not hearing about in the media but a few players have been disgruntled as are some board members in the treatment of some players by Smith
The Rooters have got Maloney next year, why would they want Foran???

It's what I have been told and don't forget Maloney can play halfback. I'm not making claims to believe what I have stated but I do know it has come from a credible source. Making a big play for someone doesn't mean they will get their man, Rorters have wanted Foran now for some time even before he signed with us and that has never changed.

There is nothing that you or I can do in keeping players, we just have to trust what our clubs CEO and board can do in terms of player retention and thus far I have been impressed and positive of what has been occurring, all credit to them for getting their s**t together.

They have Mitch Pearce as well

I'm concerned about the dogs they have $$$ and haven't announced a signing of note yet.

I also think souths and the titans will chance foz

OneEyedEagle said:

The other news I was given is Brian Smith may not be at the Rorters next year. You’re not hearing about in the media but a few players have been disgruntled as are some board members in the treatment of some players by Smith.

As I stated in another thread yesterday, Brett and Foz wont be leaving Manly.

EagleRock40 said:
OneEyedEagle said:

The other news I was given is Brian Smith may not be at the Rorters next year. You’re not hearing about in the media but a few players have been disgruntled as are some board members in the treatment of some players by Smith.

As I stated in another thread yesterday, Brett and Foz wont be leaving Manly.
U better be right :)

Matabele said:
I think we need to come up with a term for the new site phenomenon. Any news article critical of Manly is false, any news article that is positive is patently true.

Any ideas?

Schizfrueisiming

Well it seems the doomsday theory my not come about. The telegraph are simply all over the place. The place in particular rothfield wants us to fail. Snake has been linked to dogs, roosters, dragons now it seems he will remain an eagle.
Look I cannot see why the roosters would go after foz with pearce to partner Maloney. To me it seems foz and snake will stay. I really think trex is the drama given hindy retiring and other departures they will offer him I believe stupid money around 550 to 600 we won't keep him.
Matai has been rumored for a while he has been superb for our club I was there debuted vs the storm for a kid that flew off his own back from qld cup for a trial we will miss him.
The other being allowed to negotiate with other clubs I don't really hope not matty ballin maybe rosey. We need to improve things on the field.

On a personal note lost my nan to a short battle with Parkinson this week does not seem fair you get to 80 and this happens if any one ever wants to make a donation it has to be to the Parkinson disease association.

Jatz Crackers said:
Matabele said:

Any ideas?

Schizfrueisiming

Its no different to some posters only believing the articles that Reilly was undermining the board or visa versa last year and goes back many many more years, in fact i think it may even be in the terms and conditions that you must do this.

So im going with Silvertailschizoposting

Wasn't it only last year that most of us ( me included ) thought that T-Rex wasn't up to it. Since he's "hardened up" he's had a few suspensions, it'll be interesting to see how he comes back after this one.
Will he still be able to command the type of money everyone's talking about?
I'm not a fan of alll this talk of which players to let go but if he's the sacrificial lamb, then so be it if it means we keep Matty B, Foz, Matai, Snake etc.

Cambo said:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/parramatta-eels-in-bonding-session-after-loss-to-penrith-panthers/story-e6frexnr-1226313862337

DRAW a fat line through rumours linking Brett Stewart to the Roosters next year.

It. Will. Not. Happen.

The Bondi club is committed to a youth recruitment policy. Stewart's age (27) - and knee injuries - have ruled him out. The star fullback is now more likely to stay at Manly, albeit not on the $600,000-a-year deal that was originally discussed.

Struggling under intense cap pressure, the Sea Eagles have worked hard to find new third-party backers that will enable them to keep more stars than first thought.

Good news

Is indeed GREAT news just funny how the same journos can right a story linking players leaving and you and others rip into them now he rights something with no quotes from anyone yet you choice to believe it. Me thinks you have blinkers on

Well it looks as though we will be keeping Brett and losing Rambofan....I wonder what club he's off to ?

winnyason said:
Well it seems the doomsday theory my not come about. The telegraph are simply all over the place. The place in particular rothfield wants us to fail. Snake has been linked to dogs, roosters, dragons now it seems he will remain an eagle.
Look I cannot see why the roosters would go after foz with pearce to partner Maloney. To me it seems foz and snake will stay. I really think trex is the drama given hindy retiring and other departures they will offer him I believe stupid money around 550 to 600 we won't keep him.
Matai has been rumored for a while he has been superb for our club I was there debuted vs the storm for a kid that flew off his own back from qld cup for a trial we will miss him.
The other being allowed to negotiate with other clubs I don't really hope not matty ballin maybe rosey. We need to improve things on the field.

On a personal note lost my nan to a short battle with Parkinson this week does not seem fair you get to 80 and this happens if any one ever wants to make a donation it has to be to the Parkinson disease association.

Sorry for your loss.
Hang tough.

i have summoned my inner Rambo.. i have a really bad feeling about Brett leaving. Look at the facts.

Brett signed with the Dogs.... No he didnt.
Brett signed with the Dragons..... No he didnt.
Brett signed with the Roosters..... No he didnt.

Now he is signing with the Eagles. If history counts for anything, we have lost the battle to sign the prince.....
What a sad day

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4