Stewart and Foran re-signed?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
gut feeling he will sign , to many saying so , could be a rush of players now signing up , the blokes must all want to stay together , but i've been wrong before and will be again

wizball1973 said:
IF this is true I will be paying Mr. Invisible a visit to rub his pooch ass in it.
and I would care why? Your past few weeks performances with Foran playing have shown nothing.

Time will tell if it's a lull or not, but that said once he is signed there is no longer pressure to perform is there?

I.E He should be playing BETTER now as he's playing for a contract. The fact he's playing poorly of late gives only blimmers of what he may do once signed up longterm.

MrInvisible said:
wizball1973 said:
IF this is true I will be paying Mr. Invisible a visit to rub his pooch ass in it.
and I would care why? Your past few weeks performances with Foran playing have shown nothing.

Time will tell if it's a lull or not, but that said once he is signed there is no longer pressure to perform is there?

I.E He should be playing BETTER now as he's playing for a contract. The fact he's playing poorly of late gives only blimmers of what he may do once signed up longterm.

Foran has been playing injured for the last few weeks you numptie. He has still been playing very well considering, better then that hack you guys have playing at 6 anyway lol.

MrInvisible said:
wizball1973 said:

Why are you here?

U mad that Foran is staying at Manly? Making excuses how Foran hasn't been performing as well lately (been playing injured and has had Matai and T-Rex out so left with no options) To make your self feel better that the Dogs are stuck with mediocre halves?

lol, back to the dog house, you still have your precious Des. Go have another wank over him.

MrInvisible said:
wizball1973 said:

You will care because ever since De$picable left you have been fapping yourself senseless at the possibility of having Foz in your team of mutts. That, Dog supporter, is why.

In round 8 you will see the difference between premiership winning halves and your two gimps.

I better run back to the club and return the pens i took from their TAB.

Btw my tomato sauce told me they are here to stay

From today's SMH:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/signature-moment-foran-close-to-agreeing-on-a-new-manly-deal-20120404-1wd97.html

Clearly outlines why the Club has been quiet on the issue to date.

MrInvisible said:
wizball1973 said:

Manly need to adopt mr invisibles way of thinking. Signing contracts is going to make Foran a lesser player. I suggest we sign Foran to 7 day contracts to keep him motivated. Brilliant idea Mr Invisible. This is also in the best interest of the telegraph, keeping the contract talk in the headlines.

We all know that Foran has just been lucky to date and his performances are a fluke. He has only been good for 2.5years and a handful of internationals....,
Much prefer Barbas record of 8 good games in his career

Besides I heard that the only reason manly are retaining Foran is because the dogs don't want him..... :p

MrInvisible said:
wizball1973 said:

Not sure Des would agree with your assessment Mr Invisible....but to each their own.
I think you'll find we're a pretty happy bunch over here, hope you can say the same for your club...see ya:D

MrInvisible said:
wizball1973 said:

I have to ask - what is a blimmer or blimmers? I like to learn something new every day and this may just be it.

Once you've got Blimmers they're hard to get rid of. Similar to hemorrhoids and as with hemorrhoids the only treatment is wire brush and Dettol.

voicefromthehill said:
Moondog said:
Once you've got Blimmers they're hard to get rid of. Similar to hemorrhoids and as with hemorrhoids the only treatment is wire brush and Dettol.

And you get them on your rimmer?

bahahaha..classic

*shakes head and laughs*
Damn typos!

In all honesty though, Manly brought him up through the ranks (like DCE) and gave him a chance at first grade, regardless of the coach they deserve to keep him.

IF the Bulldogs did sign him, obviously I'm not going to bag the signing, but I'd be a little disappointed that again we had to purchase from elsewhere instead of trusting our talent in house.

Sure we may not have a star halves combination now, but it takes time.

I'm happy to let our coaching staff work with what we have in NRL and our juniors and go from there.

Manly have been lucky to have DCE/Foran playing together and playing well, not all clubs have that connection in their halves *cough* Parramatta *cough*.

wizball1973 said:
In round 8 you will see the difference between premiership winning halves and your two gimps.
Pray tell, what happens if we actually beat you guys in Round 8? I mean convincingly beat you? You're talking like it's a foregone conclusion that you've already won??

With losses to Cronulla and Parramatta already, both our sides have a hell of a lot of work before we can take out the Storm anyway!

MrInvisible said:
*shakes head and laughs*
Damn typos!

In all honesty though, Manly brought him up through the ranks (like DCE) and gave him a chance at first grade, regardless of the coach they deserve to keep him.

IF the Bulldogs did sign him, obviously I'm not going to bag the signing, but I'd be a little disappointed that again we had to purchase from elsewhere instead of trusting our talent in house.

Sure we may not have a star halves combination now, but it takes time.

I'm happy to let our coaching staff work with what we have in NRL and our juniors and go from there.

Manly have been lucky to have DCE/Foran playing together and playing well, not all clubs have that connection in their halves *cough* Parramatta *cough*.

wizball1973 said:
Pray tell, what happens if we actually beat you guys in Round 8? I mean convincingly beat you? You're talking like it's a foregone conclusion that you've already won??

With losses to Cronulla and Parramatta already, both our sides have a hell of a lot of work before we can take out the Storm anyway!

I think the problem here is that you have had the correct staff recruiting the guys when they are younger and bringing them up through the ranks.

It's a nice story to tell when you do have the likes of Foran and DCE who have gone through that. However the reality of the modern game is that players are now bought and sold and sometimes the best option is to buy.

We are lucky in that our recruitment knew they had to focus on finding the best young halves they could. In doing so Manly went out and purchased a whole heap of them.

Hodkinson
Foran * 2
DCE
Riccardi

Really in any generation only a hand full of super talent in those position becomes available and Manly have managed to grab hold of a quite a few of them. Manly can't obviously keep them all or keep them all happy as that was 5 into two positions.

Hodkinson was the first to go, and it looks like everyone is happy to stick with the current halves, this means the likes of Liam Foran and Riccardi are going to probably find homes in new clubs, as they won't want to spend another 4 years in the lower grades, when they could probably get a run in some other teams straight up.

With the amount of talented young halves that are out there now (whereas a few years ago focus went away from 5/8 and the market was completely empty of quality in this position) we now have an abundance of good halves around.

I wonder which position will now suffer as it has lost some focus in the last few years?

Anyway, I say buy the players if you don't have them in your juniors, investing in juniors is a good 3 or so year process, so you have to start out with making big money crucial purchases whilst your junior investments have time to grow and learn

So how do you weigh up if someone else's reserve grader is any better than yours? Stockpiling halves is necessary as long as they know they're loved and part of the future (at least let them think that ).
Imo Riccardi's not ready & Liam most likely will never be a viable long term first grader.
Look at Robson at the Sharks, he's been around a few clubs, had to play hooker and he's got Carney to play with so he's reasonably settled now,
but he's not exactly the type of player to set the world on fire.

WAMF said:
Why are you all responding to this troll?

Because his last post was not trolling as was a completely reasonable conversation topic

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7