Stewart offered $3.5 million to quit league

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
That rugby great Mark Gasnier, on FOX last night, said that no way do London Irish have that much money to spend on a single player.

If the club are willing to offer Snake a 3 year deal, just give him 4 years and let's get it done. Can't see the big deal in giving him an extra year tbh. If they let him go it could fracture the tight player group Manly currently enjoy and derail our B2B bid.

Peter C said:
That rugby great Mark Gasnier, on FOX last night, said that no way do London Irish have that much money to spend on a single player.

How would he know??? Hes copped too many stiff arms from Stevie Matai. Can't stand Gasnier, he's a twat.

1947 said:
bones said:
lsz said:
bones said:
Brett would never have went to trial if the Coffs Harbor incident wasn't swept under the carpet. The police know something happened and were pissed off that charges weren't laid. Brett, unfortunately, paid the price for that.

Bones this is no worse than people who go on about knowing the "true" story about Brett

As for Mr I as per usual if anyone else other than him had wrote that it would not have caused such a stir

There is one small difference. Brett was proven innocent in a court of law. The Coffs Harbour incident was swept under the carpet after police bungled the investigation.

They were as guilty as sin. A cop in Coffs involved in the case was shot at the time for trying to speak out - major coverup.
1947, have you learned nothing from the Brett Stewart fiasco?

As Manly fans we should know the injustice that can flow from trial by media and malicious gossip. Indeed, we have an obligation to understand this.

There may have been a major cover-up in Coffs - but even if there was a 'major cover-up' that does not of itself prove that any Bulldogs player committed any offence.

It may well have been better for the players and the Bulldogs club if the allegations had been aired in court. As it is – the fact the investigation did not even result in charges is exactly the criticism of the police and DPP which meant they were always going to proceed on the Stewart allegations.

In other words, rightly or wrongly, there was some public perception that powerful rugby league clubs could influence the police system to protect star players from serious charges.

You now publicly allege "they were as guilty as sin". OK, who precisely is 'they'? and what exactly are 'they' guilty of?

This is exactly the same attitude held by those who, unjustly, continue to smear the good name of Brett Stewart. Isn't it??

Vyssini said:
At last- Invisible by name, Invisible by nature.

On the issue of the English rugby offer, would it be a long bow to assume Ritchie doing a favour for Zorba, who in turn is doing a turn for the Stewart family? Aren't Zorba and Snake's dad supposed to be business partners? Even if this is the case, I don't begrudge Snake trying to look after himself as best he can.

This makes no sense at all. Zorba is Scott Penn's uncle. He is also close to the Stewarts (Even in business together). There is no way he would try and cost his uncle. The conspiracy theories around here never cease to amaze me.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
1947 said:
bones said:
lsz said:
bones said:
Brett would never have went to trial if the Coffs Harbor incident wasn't swept under the carpet. The police know something happened and were pissed off that charges weren't laid. Brett, unfortunately, paid the price for that.

Bones this is no worse than people who go on about knowing the "true" story about Brett

As for Mr I as per usual if anyone else other than him had wrote that it would not have caused such a stir

There is one small difference. Brett was proven innocent in a court of law. The Coffs Harbour incident was swept under the carpet after police bungled the investigation.

They were as guilty as sin. A cop in Coffs involved in the case was shot at the time for trying to speak out - major coverup.
1947, have you learned nothing from the Brett Stewart fiasco?

As Manly fans we should know the injustice that can flow from trial by media and malicious gossip. Indeed, we have an obligation to understand this.

There may have been a major cover-up in Coffs - but even if there was a 'major cover-up' that does not of itself prove that any Bulldogs player committed any offence.

It may well have been better for the players and the Bulldogs club if the allegations had been aired in court. As it is – the fact the investigation did not even result in charges is exactly the criticism of the police and DPP which meant they were always going to proceed on the Stewart allegations.

In other words, rightly or wrongly, there was some public perception that powerful rugby league clubs could influence the police system to protect star players from serious charges.

You now publicly allege "they were as guilty as sin". OK, who precisely is 'they'? and what exactly are 'they' guilty of?

This is exactly the same attitude held by those who, unjustly, continue to smear the good name of Brett Stewart. Isn't it??

And what does this have to do with Brett being linked to European rugby?

Vyssini said:

So … are you saying Brett’s decision to maybe leave the club he loves couldn’t possibly have anything to do with the fact he has been slandered from pillar to post in Australia? To the point where many people he has never even met still assume (wrongly and cruelly) he is a rapist? Or the fact that sponsors in Australia won’t touch him (according to the recent article)?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Vyssini said:

So … are you saying Brett’s decision to maybe leave the club he loves couldn’t possibly have anything to do with the fact he has been slandered from pillar to post in Australia? To the point where many people he has never even met still assume (wrongly and cruelly) he is a rapist? Or the fact that sponsors in Australia won’t touch him (according to the recent article)?

Your post makes no mention of this but discusses issues of showing the scumdogs the same courtesy that their fans haven't shown us.

For what it's worth, I actually hope for Brett's sake these overseas offers are true- but for Manly's sake I hope they are not. Ultimately, and I know it's not my money, I would sign him for as long as he wants, bad knees and all. We should be pushing him to sign for five years let alone four!!

With Brett's recent outstanding form for Manly and NSW coinciding with the media finally printing the truth about what was an ABSOLUTE injustice. I believe he may go from sponsor less to being an extremely attractive corporate target.

The adversity he has had to overcome with injuries, diabetes and one of the more disgusting smear campaigns of recent memory is truly inspirational. It's not just Des with vocal public outcrying anymore. The tide has turned Snake is shining brighter than ever while Gallop iis reaping what he too has sown.

Kevinward777 said:
With Brett's recent outstanding form for Manly and NSW coinciding with the media finally printing the truth about what was an ABSOLUTE injustice. I believe he may go from sponsor less to being an extremely attractive corporate target.

The adversity he has had to overcome with injuries, diabetes and one of the more disgusting smear campaigns of recent memory is truly inspirational. It's not just Des with vocal public outcrying anymore. The tide has turned Snake is shining brighter than ever while Gallop iis reaping what he too has sown.

Agree 110% there mate. I do believe we should sign him for 4 years if thats what it takes for him to stay, Although he may have dodgey knees it doesnt seem to be stopping him playing club footy + ORIGIN footy at the moment, the medical staff have him on a modified training shedule and so far so good. Its not just what he does on the field, its what he does for our team confidence and our club, its no co-incidence the first full season he had since the 08', we win the comp again - and that was playing at 80% compared to how he was playing in 08'.

Hey Telegraph experts, lookee lookee!!!!!

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/rugby/london_irish/s/2115975_brian_smith_says_london_irish_have_room_for_one_more_big_signing

Brian Smith has revealed that London Irish have enough left in the budget to make one more major signing before the new season gets under way.

But Exiles’ director of rugby has dismissed reports that the club are about to land Australian rugby league full-back Brett Stewart on a £500,000-per-year deal from Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.

Smith said: "There is no truth in it. I have not spoken with Brett Stewart or his agent and the numbers that have been bandied around are laughable."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Our old mate Deano has an agenda, we all know that, and as a result I believe nothing he writes about Manly. Is that because he's a Dogs fan and loves seeing us in trouble or is it that he and a former staffer are working in cohoots to bring us down.......who knows?????

Weilder was talking on twitter last night how he never layed in to Brett and broke the story about Nero's past in 2009 so I asked him.

@Cambo96: @Danny_Weidler out of curiosity Danny does Brett talk to you. I hate how the telegraph seem to get the news on him

His reply says it all.

@Danny_Weidler: @Cambo96 his agent speaks to tele - Brett is always polite and says g'day - he is a decent man

Mark from Brisbane said:
Our old mate Deano has an agenda, we all know that, and as a result I believe nothing he writes about Manly. Is that because he's a Dogs fan and loves seeing us in trouble or is it that he and a former staffer are working in cohoots to bring us down.......who knows?????

I think you'll find he's a Roosters fan. I went to the same school he was a year or 2 below me and was a right little c#@t then. I nearly thumped him one on the handball courts one day. I'm sure he was a Rooster fan back then.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8