Stewarts elbow

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Snake just lifted his arm in a defensive mode (like anyone would do) and it's unfortunate Everingham chinned his elbow!

We should have got a penalty!

Just plain stupid.
And totally out of character.

We seem to have a habit of coming out of these big games the worst for wear - either suspensions or injuries, with multiple brain snaps.

Like I said in the game day thread, it was totally out of character for him but here is a tongue in cheek suggestion:

He just went to rub his left shoulder and Everingham ran into his elbow in the process.

If snake gets a week, forget Hiku..Brenton "the speed machine" Lawrence is the man...kick returns would be awesome! :p

rosco said:
Everingham had hit snake without the ball when the ball went to ground. Silly to retaliate. Snake has four weeks owed to him from 2009 so won't have a problem.
Interesting that the refs knew that Steve's hit came off the ball and only just caught the chin but still put it on report. Does that mean that all high tackles will now go on report or is there a special rule for one player????

it's called the 'matai clause'

Snake will get a ticking off, it was a silly thing to do and I think it was frustration boiling over for missed chances.

Last nights game was similar to the bulldogs game last season, we were too frantic and we didnt wear them down by trying to get repeat sets instead there were too many hail mary plays.

sean1976 said:
We seem to have a habit of coming out of these big games the worst for wear - either suspensions or injuries, with multiple brain snaps.
Far be it from me to second guess legends like Toovey (and Bozo, Hasler) who favour a super aggressive, physical approach. Obviously this has brought us almost unparalleled success. However I wonder at times about the toll it takes on our own team.

I think it was TC in some other thread (?) who referred obliquely to the Storm managing to succeed without bashing themselves into disarray (not quoting but I thought that was the gist).

I know I'm a self confessed Snake fan but I honestly don't think he did anything worthy of suspension. He raised the elbow, yes. Should he have done it? No.
Bit of a brain snap by the Snake but it was a soft touch resulting in no injury. Penalty sufficient. It was not an aggressive attack on the other player. Should be free to play.

Seemed to me like there was intent. I think he will get a week but I'm hoping them find some context to excuse it.

Meh....it was his forearm....the elbow just slid along a little bit.

Everingham should get half points for thinking about diving. T'was funny to watch.

Go Snake!

Anyone else think that Everingham looks like one of those plastic surgery freaks who can't stop going under the knife? Looks like he is trying for an Angora cat look. Either that or he is a victim of inbreeding.

Weird.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
bones said:
Does he still have carry overs from the Battle of Brookie?

No as 5 points come off for every game you play till it is a zero again
If that's the case he won't miss a game for this. Take the EGP and he'll be free to play IMO.

Phantar said:
Anyone else think that Everingham looks like one of those plastic surgery freaks who can't stop going under the knife? Looks like he is trying for an Angora cat look. Either that or he is a victim of inbreeding.

Weird.

Pissing myself Phantar, very funny.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7