Stewarts elbow

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SeaEagleRock8 said:
sean1976 said:
We seem to have a habit of coming out of these big games the worst for wear - either suspensions or injuries, with multiple brain snaps.
Far be it from me to second guess legends like Toovey (and Bozo, Hasler) who favour a super aggressive, physical approach. Obviously this has brought us almost unparalleled success. However I wonder at times about the toll it takes on our own team.

I think it was TC in some other thread (?) who referred obliquely to the Storm managing to succeed without bashing themselves into disarray (not quoting but I thought that was the gist).

^^This.
It doesn't work. Every time we do this in a big game we end up killing ourselves and losing the game. If we concentrated on just playing hard fast footy last night we may have won but we just did brain snap plays all night which in the end gifted them the game. Now we will have at least 3 players suspended for rediculous **** and that will cruel us for the big games we have coming up in the next month. This game has cost us more than just these 2 points I'm afraid.

Grade 2 striking due to his club.

Worthy of grade 1. really just reinforces the footballers are dumb tag, was a stupid thing to do

Phantar said:
Anyone else think that Everingham looks like one of those plastic surgery freaks who can't stop going under the knife? Looks like he is trying for an Angora cat look. Either that or he is a victim of inbreeding.

Weird.

I think I heard somewhere where he is part filipino

If Snake gets suspended I'd like to see some sort of punishment for Sam Burgess for rushing in and throwing punches in the second half.

mickqld said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
sean1976 said:
We seem to have a habit of coming out of these big games the worst for wear - either suspensions or injuries, with multiple brain snaps.
Far be it from me to second guess legends like Toovey (and Bozo, Hasler) who favour a super aggressive, physical approach. Obviously this has brought us almost unparalleled success. However I wonder at times about the toll it takes on our own team.

I think it was TC in some other thread (?) who referred obliquely to the Storm managing to succeed without bashing themselves into disarray (not quoting but I thought that was the gist).

^^This.
It doesn't work. Every time we do this in a big game we end up killing ourselves and losing the game. If we concentrated on just playing hard fast footy last night we may have won but we just did brain snap plays all night which in the end gifted them the game. Now we will have at least 3 players suspended for rediculous s**t and that will cruel us for the big games we have coming up in the next month. This game has cost us more than just these 2 points I'm afraid.

What Mick just said. This game cost us alot more than 2nd position and the 2 points.
After a couple of weeks we could be out of top 4.

Peter C said:
Phantar said:
Anyone else think that Everingham looks like one of those plastic surgery freaks who can't stop going under the knife? Looks like he is trying for an Angora cat look. Either that or he is a victim of inbreeding.

Weird.

I think I heard somewhere where he is part filipino
Which part?

Yes, anyone else would have chopped him down for sure. Inglis is a slow log, a myth of the highest order. I can't understand why so many opponents can't seem to grasp him. :dodgy:

niccipops said:
I know I'm a self confessed Snake fan but I honestly don't think he did anything worthy of suspension. He raised the elbow, yes. Should he have done it? No.
Bit of a brain snap by the Snake but it was a soft touch resulting in no injury. Penalty sufficient. It was not an aggressive attack on the other player. Should be free to play.

I do like the way the lady thinks

codewana said:
If Snake gets suspended I'd like to see some sort of punishment for Sam Burgess for rushing in and throwing punches in the second half.

Agree - if his name was Matai he would be on report for starting a fight AND the elbow to the head :mad:
[attachment=502]

Who was the Souths player that dropped the forearm into the tackler's head on the ground, got up, pushed the marker in the face and then dropped the ball? Result, Souths get the penalty.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Yes, anyone else would have chopped him down for sure. Inglis is a slow log, a myth of the highest order. I can't understand why so many opponents can't seem to grasp him. :dodgy:

I reckon Snake was worried about spearing him so he backed off.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7